We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
gjones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 10:19

I didn't say any but mine be same as few of these like play backlog which think out of the 1900+ games I have access games to be lots I want to play, yet doing the backlog challenge for PoW couldn't think of 5 games I really wanted to play.

Holiday again be good especially as I now work weekend in then weekend off, that I can just go i'll go Cardiff for weekend without needing to book holiday.

Moving out still a thing but still waiting for Dad to get better after 22 months, think he's even getting worse mentally after Grandads passing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 20:27

THE PAOLUMU AWARD FOR NONTENDO GAME OF THE YEAR
(11 voters, 38 votes)

Last year, 'nothing' came in first with an eight-vote lead.  Now that the BBoPs have bedded in a bit, how does this year fare in comparison?

Fifth Place:

Fourth Place:

Third Place:

Second Place:

And The Winner Is...:

Missed the cut:

How would 'nothing' have done?:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 20:46

Even though I know these 5 games are top notch (from what people say as I've only played two of them, and found top spot to be meh), it is superbland picks (think Nintendo won't be much different to be honest).

Don't think it's nothing that would have won but backlog, especially when look back as resolutions as well.

Also Balla, you can play Psychonauts 2 via the Cloud.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 1 Feb 2022 - 0:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 0:00

mas wrote:
Even though I know these 5 games are top notch (from what people say as I've only played two of them, and found top spot to be meh), it is superbland picks (think Nintendo won't be much different to be honest).

This is why lists & votes that create said lists are shit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 0:18

It's why I always like seeing what is like 10th, I'm sure BotW will be 1st come Switch vote and that's boring but 10th could be anything, which I find more intriguing.

And Balla last year did that great Switch list vote review thing, with a lot of detail about the games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 6:50

No, what's decided by these votes is definitively the correct and best option. I think we should all respect that.

That said, Balla, I don't think you should include a Nontendo vote if you're not even gonna give games the time of day in your little "I say . . ." bit Laughing
Surely you could muster up a little "Oh, I've seen the film and if this captures the heart and humour blah blah blah" even if it's not your bag? You come across like you're being forced to do something unpleasant but you're the number one guy who wants to do votes so if you decide to leave one out, nobody else would bemoan a little less to write. Practice self care, bud
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 8:59

Yeah I'd be up for binning the non-tendo vote to be fair. As a forum there's no strong enough direction to the point where something that enough people have played and nobody is that passionate about generally wins, plus it avoids the complex situation of "I didn't play it on Switch" etc.

I mean you look at Halo and Forza charting low, but that's no surprise considering there's like 3 of us with an Xbox here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 9:42

It could go for something else depending on who runs the vote, as could see Jay getting behind it, especially in a year where I can see an Elden Ring get 6 or 7 votes not 3, along with your Horizons in the mix.

You bring up Halo and Forza, feel its community thing as like you say both low due to few deciding to use Xbox Services on here. Then doing the Pod of War both high as all on Xbox Services, yet Nintendo games low as I only played, or watching Kinda Funny they had PlayStation stuff high.

Why I think just making it GAMING vote with a Top 10 each year, due to this community it will be mainly Nintendo games anyway like how Pod of War is mainly Xbox or Kinda Funny PlayStation. It also takes away did I or didn't I play on Switch, and if an Elden Ring does well it does it because it's THE BEST GAME, not best Nontendo or some bullocks like that. Along with no asterisk next to BotW2 *best game we could vote for as Elden Ring wasn't allowed as not on Nintendo, crap.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 1 Feb 2022 - 12:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 11:52

masofdas wrote:
Why I think just making it GAMING vote with a Top 10 each year, due to this community it will be mainly Nintendo games

I vote for this. Although I'm a last-gen gamer so have no real voting credibility in this area.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 12:58

Still could be a new mobile, f2p, plus or you try cloud game you want to vote for and shouldn't matter if on Xbox, Nintendo, PC, Amico, PlayStation games are games.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 19:20

Just play Psychonauts 2 you fucking cunts
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 19:23

I tell them, Jim
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 19:25

masofdas wrote:
I tell them, Jim
Mas, thank you. We can but try.

Actually, a legit question as opposed to a drunken "funny": there's a slim chance I may be able to help someone out. Is anyone a bit interested in Psychonauts 2, and would play it on Steam?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 8:51

If I believed I had hardware that could run it, I'd take you up on that. Alas, I have a laptop that sometimes turns itself off because it's playing two videos at once.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 8:52

Also, that screenshot for game 2. I can't bring myself to play like that. If I have two yellows, they're not gonna be left out of a guess. Madness.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 9:06

Buskalilly wrote:
If I believed I had hardware that could run it, I'd take you up on that. Alas, I have a laptop that sometimes turns itself off because it's playing two videos at once.

I don't want to sound like a broken record or that MS paying me, yet that issue about hardware the whole point of cloud gaming., so anyone on anything can play. Now if laptop a bit hit and miss if it be on that's fair, otherwise its a easy thing to try.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 9:29

Psychonauts made my top 10, just didn't quite hit the peaks of a top 5.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 9:31

masofdas wrote:
I don't want to sound like a broken record or that MS paying me, yet that issue about hardware the whole point of cloud gaming., so anyone on anything can play. Now if laptop a bit hit and miss if it be on that's fair, otherwise its a easy thing to try.

I've actually been meaning to give the Xbox xloud stuff a go - might be my only way to play Halo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 10:25

Don't tell Jim but yeah didn't make my Top 5 but very much all worth trying.

Yeah, that's why said Xbox Services not Xbox Console as that's how it's going and maybe the XStick might make sense for you.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 11:37

masofdas wrote:
maybe the XStick might make sense for you.

Maybe - the bit that doesn't make sense is just that I don't actually need any more games to play!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 11:44

Get that, why also think it's good, can just sub for a month jump on Halo then cancel and back to whatever.

Think lot will do that for Starfield this year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 12:34

It could be interesting to trial a top 10 overall gaming vote next time round. I definitely agree with a lot of the points you guys have made - our Nontendo gaming tastes are so scattered that it's difficult to get a top 5 vote that looks consistent as we all play on different machines and there's only four or five of us that play all the top releases to the same degree as we do on Nintendo machines. It means that the Nontendo vote can have something like a Wordle pop up where it's likely the two people that voted for it haven't played a thing on other machines, whereas that would never happen in our Nintendo vote. So aye, I can get behind a change to the format next time - think it'll be my turn too, so I'll see what I can rustle up.

As for the actual results, props to whoever else voted for Returnal and Andrew Rice, you are dead to me for ignoring Endwalker. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 13:22

I like the Nontendo votes. Sure, our interests are scattered, but I like seeing the games that get nods from various folks.

I don't see how merging the Nintendo and Nontendo votes will really do anything that addresses most of the criticisms being raised here. We'll just end up with a list led predominantly by Nintendo games, bottomed out by the same massively varied Nontendo selection that the Nontendo vote usually has, with a few nontendo blockbusters/indie darlings that enough of us played rising above the noise.  

It's just that this time we'll have an absolutely enormous list of games that didn't make the cut, and I'm not sure how that is a good thing? I'm also not sure how this makes the lists any less predictable really, at least at the top end. The lower end of the list will just be as random as these votes tend to be anyway.

I would prefer to keep them separate. The Nintendo votes tend to be us weighing in on shared experiences, while the Nontendo vote lets us glimpse at what people liked outside of that sphere.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 13:36

Why I used Elden Ring, as the example based on chat in February Release Thread as is that big game that a lot will jump on.

Get what you're saying and why used example of Kinda Funny PlayStation heavy, GNAMER Nintendo heavy due to who votes and the big game such as Elden Ring will get a nod maybe still, if just gaming.

Really, much like you still would like to vote in something of all games, not just be limited to one system because of reasons and like looking what did & didn't make the cut still as well.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 2 Feb 2022 - 19:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 15:43

Think I'll revisit that question closer to the time and perhaps put up a wee poll, see what the general consensus is looking like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next