Splatoon... Splatoon... SPLATOOOOON

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Go down 
+4
Treesmurf
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022 - 12:20

I can tell you my 2 things for them:
China:

Japan:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 18:15

Oh boy. I just started playing LAL today, and after reading some of your thoughts decided to (a) get Prehistory out of the way and (b) go straight to a walkthrough. I must admit to spending ages on the caveman guessing game to build up to the suggested ideal equipment loadouts, so it hasn't exactly been fun so far - but it has been funny (I enjoyed the cut-scenes a lot), and it looks lovely. Definitely better than I remember Octopath looking. The lack of excessive bloom helps.

I'm resisting any comparison to Xenoblade 3 though. This is obviously a very different RPG, and I also started The Centennial Case between the two as something of a palate cleanser.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 20:04

Re China
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 20:17

This may be a stupid question to ask about a 16-bit RPG, and Mas has already seen it somewhere else, but... does it speed up at all? I'm finding it really sludgy. Barely played any game, instead I've just watched the idiot cave-hero run around being horny about the woman. I know it's a product of its era, but I figured that given the amount of effort going into the visuals, they might put some into the game itself as well. Was I wrong?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 22:13

Yeah it is kinda slow, however they all play different like present day is just 8 fights in a row meaning quick & breezy.

I'm nearly done with it, it feels like a 7/10 which is fine, just better RPGs I could be playing though.

I did post elsewhere my weird little fact is present day is 1994 which is 28 years ago, near future is 2050 which is 28 years in the future from 2022.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 7:25

I'd say prehistory is probably the worst paced. It very much feels "story" heavy whilst not actually having any words and then pushes quite aggressively towards its bosses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition   Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Live A Live with Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2