We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!

Go down 
+3
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Balladeer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 10:26

Buskalilly wrote:
I've got Bugs V Tanks. It's a meh top-down shooting game made interesting by the fact you play as a German WW2 tank.

Oh well, it completes the set I guess
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 12:15

stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
It's Level-5, that's why.  They don't do anything in the UK any more.  They don't do anything much any more.  No money.

Still really sad about this. Haven't moved onto the sequels yet, but I played the original Yo-kai very heavily.

Me too, although some of the funnies in the original game did put me off the sequels. (7/10 was definitely a point too high from me in retrospect.) That said YKW4 looked like a properly impressive evolution of the series, to the point where I was excited to get it. Never came out over here, probably never will. Nintendo definitely needed to take over publishing duties on that one.

Anyhow, I have a passing interest in The Starship Damrey and Aero Porter: anyone got any views? If not, keen to read Mas' after he's had a chance to play them.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 22:32

I wouldn’t have recommended Bugs Vs. Tanks either. “Meh” sums it up very well. I’d say the same for Tank Troopers if anybody’s paying any attention to that.

I’ve got Aero Porter, but that must be coming up ten years now since I last played it. I don’t remember thinking it was very addictive, and I think I remember finding it a bit fiddly and frantic. Even if I’m mistaken, I’m confident that there’s many better puzzlers you could be getting.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 14:28

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I’ve got Aero Porter, but that must be coming up ten years now since I last played it. I don’t remember thinking it was very addictive, and I think I remember finding it a bit fiddly and frantic. Even if I’m mistaken, I’m confident that there’s many better puzzlers you could be getting.

I played Aero Porter once, not being sure at the time whether I would care for it. As far as I recall, I didn't care for it all that much. Ho-hum.

Might be your thing if you prefer stress over fun, Balla. It does have that "thankless day job" vibe about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 20:50

I can confirm that I get both enough stress and enough 'thankless day job' outside gaming without putting it on my 3DS!
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 10:42

Balladeer wrote:
I can confirm that I get both enough stress and enough 'thankless day job' outside gaming without putting it on my 3DS!

I can safely say that Aero Porter is not for you, in which case!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 18:43

Not dead yet guys
Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 Silver-falls.large

That is quite a few new games. I'm oddly tempted by the Wii U games, just for sheer weirdness of new Wii U games in 2022.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 9:23

Of course you are.
What is Silver Falls?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 10:09

Silver Falls is a fictional town, think Silent Hill.

Apprantly all the 7 games coming are different and some are for peeps not fans of horror.

Believe Undertakers is 4v1, with the 1 using the gamepad, the others om the TV.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 20:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 20:03

That all sounds unbelievably shit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 21:28

Might be, but still oddly nice to see and the guy seems passionate about giving the systems one last hurrah.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 17:39

I had a 16GB microSD card in my 3DS which couldn't hold all of the games that I owned, so the other day I bought a 32GB card for the princely sum of £6.99 and transferred and redownloaded all my 3DS downloads onto that, which was pretty satisfying. I still have a fair few GB left so I think I'll download Pocket Card Jockey, and... maybe some other bits and pieces. Weapon Shop de Omasse? Some other Level 5 games? Maybe StarFox 3D because I've never actually played Lylat Wars?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 21:34

I think you might get on with de Omasse Rum, purely based on the fact that I have/am.  It took me a bit of a time to get into properly, but it's lightweight and silly in a way I can gel with.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Sep 2022 - 20:00

Forgot to post, did anyone buy anything before the whole can't buy anything unless you've got funds on your Switch account?

I've also seen people now wanting like £400 (was going for around £250) for Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition as now only way to play all three stories of Fates, as you can't buy Revelations on the eShop and trying to buy it via one of the other games now impossible due to unable to pay cash.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 7:49

It’s days until the eShop gets packed away into it’s box and stuck up in the loft for good, but I’m disappointed that there’s not be the overload of sales from publishers looking to extract some money from their games for the last time. Still, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove for around a fiver on 3DS and Wii U is excellent value and there’s some decent stuff from the likes of Atlus, WayForward, Natsume and Image & Form reduced in price too. I’d still like to see some other publishers say ‘you know what, 99% off our games, there’s yet dinner’.

Something to point out though: some of those £17.99 Wii games on the Wii U eShop are absolute bargains nowadays. A Shadow’s Tale and Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise cost a lot more physically, and even the Wii sequels for Punch-Out!! and Sin & Punishment – laughably expensive at £17.99 back in 2015 – are now £30+ games at CEX. Worth rooting about those.

One last push for Tappingo 1 and 2 from me - 99p each, crossing Picross with Minesweeper, fantastic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 16:15

Aw, I'd like to pick up some of those but realistically I haven't been in the same building as my Wii U for half a year (before which it languished in the bottom of a trunk) and even though I can see my 3DS right now the pull to actually turn it on and buy something on it isn't strong at all. I hope they release another Punch-Out some day, I missed it at the time and it was only after the Wii fizzled out that I realised how foolish that was of me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 20:29

Seen Cave Dan and Kid Tripp are free. Did look at sale, nothing for me, which is a shame as think in USA Capcom has put stuff like AA, MonHan on sale and in Japan believe loads are going cheap.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 10:31

I switched on my wii U last week for two reasons, to check if it wasn't broken after hearing about that bricking rumour & to check the eshop sales. Thankfully it's all working fine but sadly Resi 4 wii edition (which is all I was after) isn't on sale in EU.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Oct 2023 - 12:01

I'm guessing most of you have seen next year around April online is stopping on 3DS and Wii U. I know when Wii shut, games like COD still worked as used a different online system that I could see COD on Wii U still working come May.

Anyway going to be up for some MK7 or whatever sometime, and can see you Mash Lads doing some look back stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Oct 2023 - 18:49

To mark the sad closure of the 3DS’s online services, may I please request that you boot up Swapdoodle once again; I’ve sent you all a special new picture of a comedy walloper, of auld time’s sake. No need to thank me, it’s the least I could do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Oct 2023 - 8:26

Ask not for whom the comedy whallops.
It whallops for thee.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Oct 2023 - 18:13

It was the least he could do.
It was the most he could do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!   Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U and 3DS eShops to go - post your must-buys!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2