We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BIG THREAD tinykin

Go down 
+4
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 16:22

This is a place we can all talk about Tinykin. It's great. You get to do Pikminlike stuff but with 3D platforming and no threat of losing all your cool new mates. It's a bit too short for my liking but I guess that's just because it was so damn good.

For cool kids it's available on Xbox game pass. For uncool kids this link is available. For even less cool kids it's probably on the switch or something.

Play it, enjoy it, love it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 20:39

Crumpy Andy wrote:
For even less cool kids it's probably on the switch or something.

It is!  Thread shifted (so it's now keeping the lofty company of A Hat in Time in its sub-forum, which is no doubt better than it deserves.  Also it'll just get more traffic here).  Granted, it's not exactly cheap on Switch - but, well, I've been flailing around for a new game for a while after bouncing off several others, so I accidentally just bought it. Embarrassed Thoughts later.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 21:32

Balla from the other thread of the game that shall not be named . wrote:
I hadn't heard of Tinykin before now, so I guess he has his uses... what? Jas brought it up first? Never mind then.

Yeah, I even spoke about playing the demo in the "what are you playing on switch" thread but only mas replied. Laughing I've not bought it yet but I do have a good chunk of gold coins saved up thanks to buying Splatoon 3 so I may end up with it by the end of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 21:40

Yay I'm a cool kid

Doesn't use Xbox platform goes back to Live A Live instead on Switch.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 7 Sep 2022 - 23:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 22:13

I've had my eye on it for a while but after hearing the mega praise on this week's TCGS and that it's from the same people who made the excellent Splasher it's shot right up my list and I will own it by weeks end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 22:20

The_Jaster wrote:
Yeah, I even spoke about playing the demo in the "what are you playing on switch" thread but only mas replied. Laughing

Ah yes, sorry Jas.  Can I blame the fact that it was my birthday?  I'm going to blame that anyway.

But yes... this does appear to be doing a lot of what Here Comes Niko was aiming at, but better?  Perhaps that's unfair, I haven't played HCN - but even from a couple of minutes I'm slightly blown away by this.  The 2D-in-3D style works, it's cute without being twee (the silkbugs Love ), the gameplay feels fun from what little I've tried so far...  It also makes me feel more comfortable about The Plucky Squire on Switch, because perhaps it's just the big house world but they seem to have some of the same DNA.

Impressed so far.  It's no Hat in Time, natch. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 9:33

I don't really think we should be using SHiT to judge my taste in games, especially not when I found the below diagram online...

BIG THREAD tinykin Team_d10
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 9:44

I like Pikmin. Maybe this will be a good one to add to the list of "games I'll play in handheld on airplanes and in the UK".
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 22:52

Check out andyman with his A Hat In Time jokes!

BIG THREAD tinykin 50a

I would have totally missed and thus have paid Tinykin no attention if it wasn’t brought up here, but I’m really glad it was. The demo on Switch was brilliant, just loaded with promise that makes me excited to download the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 8:39

BIG THREAD tinykin 6srrk5

I've never played or even seen A Hat in Time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptySat 10 Sep 2022 - 20:27

For shame, Buska.  For shame in supporting Andy, who not only doesn't have a clue what a Venn diagram should be, he's also completely forgotten Jimbob.

I've just finished the third world...  I must admit it's starting to drag just a little.  For all that everything I said above still holds true, the almost complete lack of peril has made the game feel a bit facile, a bit Chicory.  Bereft of almost any challenge, it becomes a test of patience in exploration.  The levels are still fun to explore, but it lacks that extra frisson that would make it a great game.  Still a good one though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 15:16

Balladeer wrote:
For shame, Buska.  For shame in supporting Andy, who not only doesn't have a clue what a Venn diagram should be, he's also completely forgotten Jimbob.

I've just finished the third world...  I must admit it's starting to drag just a little.  For all that everything I said above still holds true, the almost complete lack of peril has made the game feel a bit facile, a bit Chicory.  Bereft of almost any challenge, it becomes a test of patience in exploration.  The levels are still fun to explore, but it lacks that extra frisson that would make it a great game.  Still a good one though.

So Game of the Year?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 21:10

...ah Smurf, you're too nice to use the George and the Jungle .gif on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 5:59

Chicory was slightly better than GRIS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 9:26

I'm still yet to play Chicory, I've got it on Switch and Smurfs endorsement why I did get.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 9:38

masofdas wrote:
I'm still yet to play Chicory, I've got it on Switch and Smurfs endorsement why I did get.

I found it a bit dull but according to Andy I stopped right before it gets really good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 10:38

What! even Andy likes Chicory, what is this universe.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 19:05

Chicory is just incredibly lovely and charming but unlike a lot of games of that ilk the writing is great too. It does seem to be hit and miss though I've noticed, reckon it's down to how you approach, for me it really clicked when I stopped caring about my lack of art skills because that's not really what it's about.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 9:21

Yeah, it's a slow start, but there's just cool puzzles everywhere. As long as you treat it like a mechanic rather than an art piece and can push through to unlocking most of the mechanics it's a great time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:33

When does it get really good?

Oh hey and I finished Tinykin. Really needed a final boss battle or something IMO, but that's hard to do without any sense of peril.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 9:28

Probably chapter 6 was when I was really into it, so yeah it is a fair amount of time before it hits the best content and I can understand why people bounce off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 20:18

I think I got to chapter 5 before getting bored. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin EmptySat 17 Sep 2022 - 20:20

I played the demo and liked it, so will probably buy it at some point. It was satisfying and pleasant. Just how like I like it (lads lads lads).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BIG THREAD tinykin Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG THREAD tinykin   BIG THREAD tinykin Empty

Back to top Go down

BIG THREAD tinykin
Page 1 of 1