We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***

Go down 
+3
Buskalilly
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** Empty
PostSubject: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyThu 3 Nov 2022 - 17:07

Father Christmas  Reindeer  Father Christmas  Reindeer  Father Christmas  Reindeer
GNAMER FORUM
SECRET SANTA 2022!!!

Reindeer  Father Christmas  Reindeer  Father Christmas  Reindeer  Father Christmas

For ten years now (be christ) the GNamer Secret Santa has been thee event that signals the start of the festive period. Mariah Carey might want to declare it's Christmas to her fans on Twitter, but round here I'm GNamer's Mariah Carey.

A celebration of life like no other, it’s the pantomime, the carol service, the Christmas market, the Boxing Day fixtures and the Greggs Festive Bake rolled into one. I invite you all to take part in the tenth annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa!

So, straight into it: we’ll use elfster.com like we’ve done in the past. It’s here where you can add your name, address and ahead of the RSVP deadline on Sunday 20th November.

To take part in this year's Secret Santa, go to this address and follow the instructions:

https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/47f30f64-66cc-4f48-8b45-82ece4a255cf/?join=nddm

The (Ten Year Old) Rules:

• Santas will be drawn automatically early on the morning of Monday 21st November. Hopefully that’ll give you plenty of time to register your involvement, and then to buy and post presents.

• More important than ever, please keep an eye on the Royal Mail’s dates for Christmas delivery. Industrial action is planned by the CWU on multiple dates throughout November and December, with the latest updates being provided here: https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news . It would be very disappointing for anybody to miss out on their GNamer gift on December 25th.

• No matter how early your present arrives, please hold off on opening them/posting about it until December 25th. When you can, please post pictures of what you got, and your gratitude/appreciation.

• Let’s stick to a limit of £15, not including postage. I don’t think there’s any harm in going slightly over or slightly under the budget, but please don’t go too far over or (worse) too far under.

• Try and avoid emailing download codes if your geographical/personal/health circumstances allow you to. Ideally the gift(s) you send and receive should be physical, tangible things, it’s just better that way. There’ll be no vouchers for R.S. McColls, or having a star named after you, or any of that bollocks though.

• Once names are dished out, don’t post about the buying and sending of presents in the thread. That spoils it a bit - it’s easy to work out who you’re receiving a gift from that way.

• You can post if you receive your package. It's helpful if you can message me when you post it too.

• If you say you're taking part and then fail to post out a present, you’ll not just be on Santa’s naughty list, but you’ll officially be next to be annihilated by me at Mario Strikers - even if you’re not free and even if you’re not wanting your arse kicked. Unless there’s a good reason, of course.

• There’s a Wishlist you can use too, if you’re wanting to help guide your Secret Santa. I trust that we should all know each other well enough to pick good quality presents, but a steer in the right direction probably won’t hurt.

Confirmed Santas:

Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
treesmurf
Buskalilly
masofdas

The Cappuccino Kid

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Sat 24 Dec 2022 - 22:50; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyFri 4 Nov 2022 - 9:22

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** OIP
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyFri 4 Nov 2022 - 11:14

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
but round here I'm GNamer's Mariah Carey.

First the wild, unsubstantiated Excite Truck claims and now this. I'm feeling attacked. I think a grown-ass man who calls himself Kid might be biting off more than he can chew.

I'm in, though, 'natch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 7:37

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** 1f3b6 I don't want a lot for Christmas,
There is just one thing I need.
Buskalilly to admit he's utter pish
At Excite Truck on the Wii.
The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** 1f3b6
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 9:03

Name a date.
Name a track.
Name a truck.

Best score wins.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 21:48

Record the showdown for posterity please.

I'll have to Thumbs Up! or Thumbs Down... nearer the deadline: I've chosen an even dafter November writey thing than normal that might bleed into December, and I've barely even been on the forum let alone had time to think of gifts. Would like to be, will keep y'all posted.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyTue 8 Nov 2022 - 9:37

Hello, I have signed up to the GNamer Gift Exchange
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyTue 8 Nov 2022 - 12:02

I did too I just waited fashionably late to mention it here though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:17

Balladeer wrote:
I'll have to Thumbs Up! or Thumbs Down... nearer the deadline:

Mate, it's number 10! It doesn't take long, and your gift doesn't have to be based on a recent post.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 10:32

Yeah it's the 10th edition man.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyMon 14 Nov 2022 - 22:00

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I'll have to Thumbs Up! or Thumbs Down... nearer the deadline:

Mate, it's number 10! It doesn't take long, and your gift doesn't have to be based on a recent post.

Ah mate you don't understand. I have to take long. There are a couple of times when I've bought a gift the recipient here has said they haven't liked, and whereas I imagine you shrug it off I find it more crushing than I probably should. So I spend far too much time and mental effort and probably buy a shit gift anyway.

I probably will join in, but it's not that simple for me. I wish it was!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 0:05

I don't think any of us still here would say that, and I know not all my gifts have landed like the Switch game a few years back but still got some use out of it with a review.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 20:24

I hope you don't mean the Switch game you got me because that was very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 8:55

Oh, I guess this is a problem I don't understand because everyone loves me and I've never made a single mistake in my life.

And on the other side of it, I just really like getting presents so there isn't really a gift I wouldn't like. Even if it were copies of Ready Player 2 and The Uncharted Collection, I'd have a chuckle about them.
masofdas wrote:
I don't think any of us still here would say that,
I mean, in fairness to the Balls Man, he's literally saying it has happened so don't gaslight him Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 10:12

Nah I meant the Nippon Marathon mini party game, I got Balla.

I know it has happened, I would hope those that take part in this wouldn't be like that though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 10:55

To be fair, I didn't spot the word "still" in your post, which may or may not change things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 11:01

Feel it be such a shame just 5 of us for the 10th anniversary (how many did the 1st year?) and some integral part of the forum also doesn't take part.

Same goes to Jay, Jas etc as well
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 12:23

I'll have to pass on this year's Secret Santa, sadly - been struggling with having nearly all my monthly bills increase and I'm having to really cut back on Christmas spending this year. I'm hoping to be in a better financial spot for next year (hoping a change of job along with bills perhaps not being as ludicrous next year) and to join in then, but aye, sorry for not being part of this for another year lads. Thanks as always for running it though Cappa and I'm still looking forward to seeing what everyone gets from their Santas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptyFri 18 Nov 2022 - 8:07

Like Mas, I'll miss anyone who isn't involved but at the same time, I very  much get it Jay. I'm very glad I don't own a house in the UK!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 19 Nov 2022 - 14:14

Well, I've signed up (feeling slightly guilted into it), so y'all had better be ready for some minimum-effort gift-giving something I will still try for but might not be able to try with quite as much anxiety time spent as in previous years.  As long as everybody's polite and appreciates that, it'll be fine.

masofdas wrote:
Nah I meant the Nippon Marathon mini party game, I got Balla.

I always feel a bit guilty about my reaction to that.  The Lady and m'self got a good chuckle out of this, so thank you again Mas.  It was a good gift.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 19 Nov 2022 - 23:16

Balladeer wrote:
feeling slightly guilted into it.

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** Giphy
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySun 20 Nov 2022 - 20:28

I'd say six is a very decent showing under the circumstances - cheers for joining in.

The draw will get made automatically overnight - as per, private messages to me either on here or on social media would be helpful, simply for me to track who's posted and who's received their gifts. It should all manage itself though.

As for the latest strike chat:

Michelle Marsh @ Zoo Magazine exclsuively reported and wrote:

Members of the Communication Workers Union (CWU) at the service will go on strike on 9, 11, 14, 15, 23 and 24 December. Workers are already set to strike on 24, 25 and 30 November, as well as 1 December.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 26 Nov 2022 - 11:39

Buskalilly wrote:
pickingthevillaininterestingchoice.gif

That's what you think, I'm actually your Santa and I'm sending you two strips of mouldy cardboard.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 26 Nov 2022 - 22:36

Balladeer wrote:
pickingthevillaininterestingchoice
I knew exactly what I was doing, Balla. I can play the heel.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** EmptySat 3 Dec 2022 - 8:40

Further disputes over pay and conditions means that Royal Mail have brought forward their suggested dates for when you can post things for Christmas delivery:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63837831

TL;DR - if you're posting second class it's to be by 12th December, first class by the 19th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***   The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS*** Empty

Back to top Go down

The 10th Annual GNamer Forum Secret Santa~! ***WELL, HERE WE ALL ARE NOW, ALL THE LADS***
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next