We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases Empty
PostSubject: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptySat 1 Apr 2023 - 11:48

I will update this post in time when we learn about events and so forth.

Yet at the moment with the news E3 is cancelled due to everyone pulling out and doing their own thing (didn't I say this would happen) as it's in the new cycle thought I would kick this off for 2023.

Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases A62ad720f6b7ca4d66e8597d3873345e16129ba4-scaledSummer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases Summer-xbox-games-showcase-dated-for-june-alongside-starfield-direct_feature

Thur June 29th at 8pm Annapurna Showcase
Fri Aug 11th at 8pm THQ Showcase
Tue Aug 22nd at 7pm Opening Night Live

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 18 Jun 2023 - 12:59; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : More Shows)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 14:40

DP we've had the PlayStation showcase announced, which is the first one in like two years and over an hour long.

I think the only real certain thing is Spider-Man 2 then it's speculation on rumours like the Konami trifecta and what teams such as Bluepoint are doing.

Same with Xbox, especially as now been confirmed not looking at games over the next 12 months. Which makes sense after last year's and now Sliksong, Forza Motorsport & Starfield not coming out in that 12 month window. I'd also think gives them more scope and could show a Perfect Dark if they wish.

Really now just waiting on Nintendo, which "insiders" seem to think they're not doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 21:52

Wait, has Starfield had another delay?

I doubt we'll have some Nintendo yet but we'll see something at the end of the year along with a wee console announcement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 22:20

It's coming September but was meant to be out before June like everything shown last year, part from Kojimas game which mentioned as a one more thing at the end.

I watched Humble it was fine, only really Stray Gods for me from it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 12:25

Oh no not this again, just tell me what to buy and I'll ignore it
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 11:35

You didn't miss much Jim

Was a disappointing PlayStation Showcase seeing the first one in two years and insiders were going Sony going big to have total gaming mindshare, yet it was GaaS stuff, 3rd party which be good ones like Dragons Dogma 2, indies which are cool but feel kinda State of Play and Spider-Man 2 which the one I'll tell ya to buy.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 11:48

Yep a fairly poor showing considering its been a while since they did one. The Snake Eater remake was probably the biggest announcement besides Dragons Dogma 2 and I was also quite big on Sword of the Sea, Sony blatantly copying the Wii U was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 11:57

Surprised you're keen on Sword of Sea seeing it looks like Journey 2.

A remote play only portable seems pretty mad, though I'd prefer a big screen than my phone for it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 12:03

I'm into Metal Gear, obviously, but I'm also not sure what an MGS without Koj will look like. If the re-releases land on my Switch, though, I will be very happy.

Spider-Man 2 looks like more Spider-Man, which I'm very okay with.

Unless it runs like dogshit I'll play Plucky Squire on my Switch.

I'll sell both my bollocks for Dragon's Dogma. I've been thinking of getting my tubes tied anyway, so two birds with one two stones.

Treesmurf wrote:
Sony blatantly copying the Wii U was hilarious.
It's just a remote play devicve, right, not a Vita successor or Switch equivalent?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 13:47

Yeah, just remote play like a phone but bigger screen and no phone stuff.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 7:44

Its that and the shite looking Splatoon rip off that got me.

masofdas wrote:
Surprised you're keen on Sword of Sea seeing it looks like Journey 2.
As I've said before, I'll probably like Journey when I eventually replay it, that kind of game these days is very much my bag, baby.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 11:00

Were you a silly Smurf and only want dude bro games like me for part of that gen? And now don't care and maybe even play Fashion Dreamer (is from New Style/Style Savvy devs) shown at the Marvellous event? Ohh, only me on that one.

On that event was mostly just concept things, which included a new Daemon X Machina. Warhammer event was pretty good, Space Marine 2 looks a lot of fun, Darktide is looking good but still waiting on the console release and the Speed Freaks seemed like a cool car combat thing.

Alone in the Dark spotlight looked way better than I thought it would, is a prologue out now to play and unlike Alan Wake II is getting a physical, meaning you can guess which horror game this October more likely to get a look in.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 19:29

No I still liked all kinds of games I just had a habit of rushing through some games with music playing over it rather than appreciating all aspects of it. Don't hold me to this though, it could turn out I was right all along.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 20:31

Well anyway the Andyman Showcase has been announced
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 10:21

Well we had SGF last night along with Day of Devs and Devolver, some wee thoughts on them.

Devolver joked abut AI this time, they didn't show a huge amount that I want to play mind.

Day of Devs had some neat indies like Hyper Light Breaker, Simpler Times, Viewfinder etc

Then the big one SGF which was two hours long, goes back to Geoff after every game and lots of mobile, f2p stuff which pays for the show but then got new 2D Prince of Persia, new 2D Sonic, Spider-Man 2 got a date, Like a Dragon Gaiden dated and

Was it worth killing E3 for, at the moment I'd say no as everything is all over the place with these shows.

Edit

Xbox now done it started out great with Fable, and we saw some cool things coming to Game Pass like the two Persona games, 3rd party stuff such as LAD Infinite but to me was missing that big WOW moment. And I can think of loads missing from the show as well, even simple ones such as AoEIV console date.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 11 Jun 2023 - 21:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptySun 11 Jun 2023 - 21:07

Geoff is too much of a corporate shill for me to ever properly enjoy Summer Games Fest, sure there's some good announcements in there but it's easy enough to just watch the highlights rather than sit through 5 mobile games sandwiched between 2 generic shooters.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 10:17

I think I watched all the major ones in the end; I got suckered in.

It was a bit disappointing in general. A few too many 4 player co-op squad games; surely that ship's sailed now? And that Clearly-Not-Originally-Prince-Of-Persia game, thus officially burying that franchise.

Hipster that I am, Day of the Devs, Devolver Digital* and the Cozy Games were the most exciting.
*Edgelord presentation shit aside; that was funny 20 years ago maybe. Why don't you go and make a death metal cover of a nursery rhyme you stupid cunts.

But, positive thoughts ahead:
And YouTube links,, so tucked away here:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 13:17

I thought PoP looked great, and nice to see a 2D one again, though not sure if I'd pay £45 for it but it's in UPlay+ which I make take a punt on soon with Crew Motorfest.

We had including PlayStation Showcase (was some others in May that I've not counted) up till RGG, a total of 21 shows which I watched these and this is my ranking of them

Xbox Showcase - the best show we had and now looks like we have a bit of a roadmap for Xbox (next year will be the year, right?) and I can see me being mostly an Xbox guy for the rest of the year due to Game Pass getting Persona's etc

Tribeca - hipster I am I really enjoyed this because every game part from the last one shown I am keen for and how many shows can I say I'll play 8/9 games

Summer Game Fest - we got Spider-Man 2 date, Rebirth and Ever Crisis shame about mobile etc, but it keeps the lights on

Ubisoft - the show was very 2003 conference with person on stage and the cuts but the games looked good especially Star Wars and knowing I can play in a £15 sub I'm down for

PlayStation Showcase - think people think this worse than it was, the issue was it was a Showcase and first in two years along with insiders hyping it up yet on paper got Spider-Man 2 gameplay, Helldivers 2, Marathon

Xbox Extended - sort like a Treehouse having a look at games shown at the Showcase and bunch of indies coming to Game Pass

Capcom - poor presentation but games shown like Ghost Trick, Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, Dragons Dogma 2 do look good

Grasshopper - only the one game really but was fun silliness

RGG - was very Japanese yet the trailer for LAD8 looked great  

Devolver - they showed 4 games, none that I want to play, and the AI stick wasn't funny the doc at the start was

Guerrilla Collective - can't tell you anything about it

PC Gaming Show - imagine Devolver but a 1000% times worse that any good games I just glazed over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases   Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Directs 2023 - PlayStation and Xbox Showcases
Page 1 of 1