We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 14:23

The_Jaster wrote:
Nice! If you are ever in need of help with online quests give me a shout on here or the old twitter.
Shall do, I'm still fairly early on, think I wanna take my time to learn all the basics before moving on too far, I did that with Tri and I think my enjoyment of it suffered a little bit as a result.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 17:42

Aye it's definitely better to get a good chunk of the single player quests done before moving to online, especially in 4U since there is required items to unlock for later quests.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 19:03

Back to Tales Of The Abyss, with no palate cleanser game to replace it back it up. Having said that - and definitely going against the prevailing forum opinion on the game - I quite like it. It's very lingo-heavy and the combat is weak, but I do kind of like its confidence.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 8:57

I'm not sure if it's the prevailing forum opinion - I'm just very vocal about my dislike of it! I thought the combat was one of the stronger points of the game, though. I don't think I found anything else to applaud really. Jade Curtiss, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 12:16

To be fair, the combat is opening up a bit. Previously I tapped A to win but now I sometimes press B!Winky Face And dodge, and heal... I think I'm frustrated by another RPG where the fights take place in a fixed and small arena (Okami, I'm looking at you (wistfully, as I struggle with Legend Of Kay... but that's another story)).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 14:07

I thought TotA was weak, even for a Tales game (and I do find the series to be quite naff).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 8:40

Abyss in hindsight probably has the worst progression and battle system out of the Tales Of games I've finished (Abyss, plus a bunch of PS3 ones including Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, and Zestiria comes out soon).  Worth it though as buried underneath what is a extremely flawed surface filled with backtracking and one of the clumsiest battle systems in the modern franchise is a great story about self-improvement and redemption.  

I still maintain the cast is one of the best in the franchise, convincingly flawed the lot of them with just enough endearing traits to stop the player from disliking them.  Mostly anyway, Anise can burn in hell.

I would recommend trying to start primarily using Artes instead of normal attacks if you aren't already, if only because after a certain point the Artes become your main way of dealing damage to bosses while normal attacks do next to nothing.  Although it sounds like you're still in the early part where you have practically no fun artes to mess around with, early parts of jrpgs where you don't have special skills yet are always the most boring.  

Also a tip for keeping the battles fresh, don't feel afraid to try out other characters, they all have different styles if you explore Artes usage and you might find one of them more entertaining and to your liking than Luke.  Luke's the most boring sword user to control in the localized series.  A boring play style in a already somewhat boring system.  

On another note I'm shooting for completing as many of the challenges in Smash 3ds as possible right now.  The first two sets of them are done, and I'm about halfway through the third and final set, also the most frustrating as it expects me to play normal smash for 50 hours, jump fifty kilometres, and beat Smash Run with every character.  I might cheat a little and use the Golden Hammers to spare myself the misery and torture of going for all Smash Run powers though.  

I might not make it though as my attention is being drawn to other things that'll be needing my 3ds card slot.  Might be another pipedream like my attempt to 100 percent Brawl was.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 13:14

My little girl is 3 and a half at the moment and we just picked up a 2DS. She is obsessed with Nintendogs at the moment, which I recall playing about ten years ago myself. It's a bit text-heavy for her, but it's a great game to (hopefully) get her in to gaming in the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 17:32

I've decided! I'm going to try something tomorrow called a "Wonderlocke"! For those curious it's a Nuzlocke only you use Wondertrade for your Pokemon.

The rules I'll be enforcing and following are as follows:

-Any Pokemon fainted is placed in a Graveyard box and unable to be used again
-Dupes clause is in effect, should I get a Pokemon I already have I am to send it straight out for another Pokemon until I get something new, this is to promote diversity and prevent ending up with nothing but route 2 trash (which, as anybody who has used Wonder Trade would know, would be the ultimate result if I didn't have this clause)
-Stage clause, a Pokemon can only be used if it's the same "stage" as the Pokemon traded or lower*
-Only five purchased recovery items at any one time in the bag (found items do not count towards this limit however)
-All Pokemon must be kept within a reasonable level cap for the area (within three levels of the average), one "Trump Card" Pokemon can be had that can exceed the average by up to six levels. Should any Pokemon become stronger than this average it is to be boxed until the area average rises

Obviously I'm not using any repel clause on this run as it's completely irrelevant. As every Pokemon I catch is going straight on to Wonder Trade what I actually encounter is meaningless.

*By stages I mean evolutionary. So, say I trade a Charmeleon, a stage 2 Pokemon, I can keep any Pokemon its equal or beneath it in rank. Should I exceed that I am to trade the Pokemon straight back and keep going until I get a Pokemon that fits this clause.

Pokemon that do not have any evolutions shall be judged on a base stat basis. Something like a Shuckle would be equivalent to a Charmeleon, whereas something like a Tauros would be equivalent to a Charizard, and so on.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 19:03

That's quite thorough, Athrun! Good luck with it - sounds exciting. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 20:50

Downloaded the new Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows DLC. I had no idea this was coming, so it's a pleasant surprise! The gameplay feels very different, and I've only played the first level so far - reckon it's going to be preeetty tricky.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 14:35

I should definitely try to finish the original SK. One day...

Athrun, I'd be interested in following that - if (and I think you yourself would admit that it's a big if) you can keep the updates short and punchy. I still feel that Jay's Nuzlocke back in the old Nuzlocke thread was one of the best I've seen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 14:57

Seconding the interest in Athrun's wonderlocke - sounds like it'll be a good read. And cheers Balla! That Nuzlocke is one of my favourite forum memories. I had a blast putting that together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 13:43

Well then, if people want updates I shall provide them!  
Didn't originally plan on it mind you so the first chapter of my journey is going to be super abbreviated and just an introduction to The Gang.  So, without further ado, introducing my team of six!

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Ob7t989

BubbleAddict the Froakie  
This little guy was my starter, and the only Pokemon that will remain by my side for the nuzlocke.  Knowing the move Water Pulse this little fella is nigh unstoppable and blows foes away like a lil ninja.

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Zej8rq10

Diglett the Diglett
Met on route 2 this guy.... absolutely sucks I'm afraid.  With a pathetic 9 defence at level 13 he's almost died several times including almost killing himself in confusion in one blow.  His best attack is Astonish, a move whose claim to fame is just how astonishingly bad it is (base 30 power, weaker than pound!)  Still, he may be a late bloomer who I hope will live long enough to evolve.

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Cznzqc10

Eguana the Helioptile
Met while on a very easy trek through the forest this beaut brought some power to the team exactly when I needed it.  Quickly learning the weak but useful Thunder Shock boosted by a high special attack it tore through the forest and gave me some much needed power.  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Rdqltn10

Ralts the Ralts
Route 3 was when destiny paired me up with this poor reject from another new player, starting off with no attacks he quickly learned the weak but useful Confusion and has started showing a glimpse of power.  Let us pray he will live long enough to use it.

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Nztuh110

Sableye the Sableye
My newest member, joining after the first gym, this guy hasn't really done anything yet being where I closed out my session for the day.  Balanced out his stats are due to only having the attacking move Night Shade dealing a whopping fixed 7 HP per use, making up for his awful damage potential by boasting the move Recover this little fiend from hell is set to send anything that annoys him to the afterlife.

And finally, my trump card Pokemon...

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 XGcVWLm

Hawlucha the Hawlucha!

With a gym battle looming I was despairing at how bad my odds of winning without a casualty was.  Suddenly a light descended from the heavens, bringing with it a level one newly hatched Hawlucha.  After some quick training and ascending to the level of eight he learned the devastating Wing Attack and has become a rock for a team that had until now been swept by grass and bug types.  Three guesses who put the team on their back and swept the gym at level nine to eleven!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 18:22

Woo, good start Athrun! Would love to read a more thorough update over in the Nuzlocke thread - the nitty gritty's always fun to read about.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 18:50

That's a pretty sweet early team! I always hang on until I get a Ralts - just love that little feller/lass. Thumbs Up! Good luck as you move on, Sir Athrun! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2015 - 8:03

Not bad at all for a starting team. Thumbs Up! Is the Ralts male or female, though?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 14:00

Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Prosecutor's Path.

If you've never heard of it, I don't blame you.  It was only ever released in Japan, under the title of Gyakuten Kenji 2.  But there's a fanslation, and it's pretty damn good.

Now, we at GNamer don't advocate the use of emulators when you've not bought the Japanese game.  It's not like that's what at least two of us did with Mother 3 or anything.  Ahem.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 16:34

Balladeer wrote:

Now, we at GNamer don't advocate the use of emulators when you've not bought the Japanese game.  It's not like that's what at least two of us did with Mother 3 or anything.  Ahem.

Who would do that? Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 22:17

Toki Tori. Despite the number of versions I could have got my hands on, it's the first time I've played it. It's fairly sweet - enjoying working out paths and such.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyWed 6 Jan 2016 - 22:31

I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. About part way through the third case, I decided I wanted to go all in on this series so I bought Apollo Justice (which is the fourth game in the series, right?) and got Dual Destinies on the cheap from the eShop too. The unbelievable fourth case cemented my decision. This fifth case though seems a little out of place, considering they rolled credits and everything after case four. Still, really enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 6:48

Within 3 to 7 days... games!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 7:37

I'm planing on going through the trilogy again before the Anime comes out in April. But before I become a lawyer again I'm still playing Mario & Luigi can someone fix that damn paper jam please
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 7:40

The 5th case wasn't a part of the original GBA game, it was added for the DS so it is out of place. Yes Apollo is 4.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 7:47

Pleased to see another forumite discover the joys of Phoenix Wright for the first time! Be warned that the games after the original trilogy are not quite as good, sadly.

~~~

I should be concentrating on Tales Of The Abyss, my game to play when all else is done... and, to be fair, I have given it a few minutes since finishing Zip Lash. However, Paper Jam Bros. should arrive in the post today, so that will get top priority.

On the side I have Pokemon Picross (Area 14 is open for business after spending £6 or so on it Embarrassed ), SteamWorld Heist (will be answering Jas's question in the relevant thread as soon as I have more than two people on my team) and the constant desire to get more outfits in Tri Force Heroes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 16 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next