We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 8:04

ZeroJones wrote:
Pleased to see another forumite discover the joys of Phoenix Wright for the first time! Be warned that the games after the original trilogy are not quite as good, sadly.

Hm, I reckon DD is better than JfA myself. But like the others, I'm very pleased (albeit not surprised) to hear that Jay's enjoying what has quickly become one of my favourite series ever. I got so into it that I found a way to play Investigations 2, another very good series entry.

Also Andy's right about the last case of the original. It's out of place because... well, because it was out of place originally. Fortunately not something that's repeated with the later games.

~~~

In other stuff, I'm very pleased to hear that other forumites are playing M&LPJ (or about to pick it up). Another great game released recently that, I feel, has been cruelly overlooked on this forum (along with XCX). I made the last post in that thread: don't make me DoPo!

TotA is still horse. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 9:20

I do looooove Phoenix Wright! The coolness of Godot convinced me to try coffee and i'm now a regular drinker.

As for Paper Jam, I'll pick it up when it's a bit cheaper and I have a 3ds again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 9:24

I know you're short on the bucks Drunka, but I'd say it's a good enough game to be worth buying full price so far.  Keep in mind that I didn't like Dream Team and found BIS disappointing.  (The less said about PMSS the better.)

Alternatively, save it for the trip to Newcastle! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 9:26

I'm not gonna get round to playing it right away and i'm trying to get our of the habit of buying games I'm not gonna play or keeping games I'm never gonna play again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:39

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm not gonna get round to playing it right away and i'm trying to get our of the habit of buying games I'm not gonna play or keeping games I'm never gonna play again.

I'm trying to do that and gone back to DA:I to get it done, also some like my DC & Cube collection are cool nostalgia pieces along with my now smaller Mega Drive collection to go back and play classics like Sonic 2 but I've been looking at my almost 70 game Wii U collection and been thinking the same am I going to play Hot Wheels and the answer is NO!

That it may of been a dream to get a PAL set of Wii U games (I know this is the 3DS thread) but take away the likes of Hot Wheels and only keep the likes of Splatoon that's about £500 sat there doing nothing which Balla points out could be used for trip to Newcastle, our trip to see Taylor and I may look into going Rezzed this year along maybe changing cars.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 11:46

I picked up Chrono Trigger on DS before Christmas and I've sunk about 10 hours in to it so far. It's one of the few J-RPGs that I've loved almost instantly (another being Grandia 2) and I'll be honest, much of that is down to the "not too complicated" combat and the absolutely wonderful soundtrack. Seriously, the music in this game makes me feel like I've gone back to 1995 and I'm sat in front of a SNES, which sounds a bit backwards. It's like my eyes are soaking up a new type of nostalgia for a game I've never played before. Weird...

I highly recommend it for any non-RPG guys.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 11:53

Totally with you on CT, I didn't click with it on my first couple of attempts but once I had scratched the surface I couldn't stop. That game is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:11

Controversial opinion time!

I found it deeply mediocre, perhaps because I'm a JRPG fan. The characters were hellishly weak (Frog was alright), there was nothing in the combat, the locations are instantly forgettable, the latter portion of the game was an open-ended mess... Oh, and it was rather aged by the time the DS era hit.

The best thing about the game was the plot (the music wasn't bad, although it was put to shame by SNES-era Final Fantasy games, and Robo's theme is the only one that sticks in my mind because of the similarity to Never Gonna Give You Up), but so weak were the characters that the plot faded away into insignificance.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:25

Balladeer wrote:

I found it deeply mediocre, perhaps because I'm a JRPG fan.

What's a great JRPG then, if Chrono Trigger is mediocre?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:36

ZeroJones wrote:
On the side I have Pokemon Picross (Area 14 is open for business after spending £6 or so on it Embarrassed ), SteamWorld Heist (will be answering Jas's question in the relevant thread as soon as I have more than two people on my team) and the constant desire to get more outfits in Tri Force Heroes.

I've been playing Pokemon Picross each evening and it's actually the first time I've played a Picross game. I have to admit that the pixellated images of what are supposed to be Pokemon is a stretch too far, but I think I'll definitely be picking up the DS Picross game for a couple of quid.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:44

gjones wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
On the side I have Pokemon Picross (Area 14 is open for business after spending £6 or so on it Embarrassed ), SteamWorld Heist (will be answering Jas's question in the relevant thread as soon as I have more than two people on my team) and the constant desire to get more outfits in Tri Force Heroes.

I've been playing Pokemon Picross each evening and it's actually the first time I've played a Picross game. I have to admit that the pixellated images of what are supposed to be Pokemon is a stretch too far, but I think I'll definitely be picking up the DS Picross game for a couple of quid.

That, Mr. Real Jones, is a classic game that I hope you enjoy. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 12:59

gjones wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

I found it deeply mediocre, perhaps because I'm a JRPG fan.

Yeah as I've not played CT but most say it's one of best JRPGs ever made and people still go on about often.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 13:05

gjones wrote:

Xenoblade 1 and Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door are both in my top five games ever. XCX could be in my top ten based on enjoyment up to this point.

The better Pokémon games (Platinum, HGSS, BW) are all in "great" territory. The first iteration of every Mario RPG franchise (SMRPG, PM, M&L) has been great, and Paper Jam is definitely up there so far. Muramasa is on the fringes of the genre, but is definitely great. On the SNES, I enjoyed FFs IV and VI. And then curios like TWEWY and Mother 3 are also great. (Thanks to Jay's voting thread for some much-appreciated reminders.)

I preferred all of the above to Chrono Trigger. In particular, FFVI feels like it did the open-ended second half better, even though I don't enjoy that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 13:15

I wonder where you would place all those JRPGs, if you played all the ones you missed that are meant to be excellent Persona 4 which I plan to play soon along with loads of RPGs this year which looks like the year of RPGs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 13:36

I should get back to playing the Ace Attorney trilogy as I still have Dual Destinies untouched on my 3ds, my iTouch screen is gubbed though so I'd need to buy the trilogy again elsewhere.

Is it on android?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 14:09

I don't think so, actually. No harm in searching.

ZeroJones wrote:
gjones wrote:
...I think I'll definitely be picking up the DS Picross game for a couple of quid.

That, Mr. Real Jones, is a classic game that I hope you enjoy. Grin

Agreed! A very fine game, one of the best puzzlers on the DS and 3DS. Grin
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 14:44

Balladeer wrote:
The better Pokémon games (Platinum) are all in "great" territory.

Eh?

Now, I have played Blue, Yellow, Silver and Platinum. I picked up Platinum thinking I wanted to get back into Pokemon.

It was not fun at all.

And everyone I have told this to has advised me that Platinum is not a good choice of Pokemon game and that X/Y are far better choices to jump back in on
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 15:04

I'm surprised. Certainly Platinum was much better than DP, but even though XY was shinier, it was also a lot easier. I dunno, I found XY good but not great, but each to their own. They're certainly very different.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 17:17

Completely honestly, I thought X and Y absolutely blew. They were shiny, and the battles competitively were taken to new hights, but the games were by far the easiest games yet. Worst evil team, worst villain, worst champion, and genuinely braindead battles, not even doing a Nuzlocke made the games hard.

If I were to be bold enough to make a suggestion, might I suggest trying the first Black and White? They were a soft reboot for the franchise, brand new region, brand new 150 Pokemon with no oldies until post-game, and the "best" story and evil team in the franchise, and they ironed all the kinks gen 4 had with its engine. Most importantly they didn't dumb down the game to the point there was never any real challenge.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 18:38

Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Pleased to see another forumite discover the joys of Phoenix Wright for the first time! Be warned that the games after the original trilogy are not quite as good, sadly.

Hm, I reckon DD is better than JfA myself.

~~~

In other stuff, I'm very pleased to hear that other forumites are playing M&LPJ (or about to pick it up).

TotA is still horse. Razz

For me that moment in the final case - you know the one and, if not, send me an MP Winky Face - has yet to be topped in the whole series so far and that went a long way. DD had a poor villain that undermined a lot of the good work that was done (and I sort of wish Apollo's power had been used more; as much as it slowed down the fourth game, it was very fun to use).

Paper Jam Bros. is now in my 3DS! Dance

The jury will remain out on TotA until I've finished it. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 20:37

I agree with everything you say about JfA and DD... but I still think DD is better. Razz The third case, Miney, and Oldbag combined to leave a very sour taste in my mouth.

IT TASTED LIKE THIS.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 21:18

Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Hm, I reckon DD is better than JfA myself.  But like the others, I'm very pleased (albeit not surprised) to hear that Jay's enjoying what has quickly become one of my favourite series ever.  I got so into it that I found a way to play Investigations 2, another very good series entry.

Are you talking about the Edgeworth spin-offs there? I know the second one is Japan only, but I'm seriously considering picking up its prequel as I'm loving Edgeworth as a character. Would you say it's a worth a look?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 21:42

Er... It had some good moments, like they all do, but I can't say it's up to the same standard as the main series. It is necessary for enjoying AAI2, though, which is worth the price of entry. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 21:46

It might be something I'll check it out after working my way through the mainline series. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 EmptyFri 8 Jan 2016 - 21:05

My 3DS was dispatched today! I'm hoping for delivery tomorrow, though I'm expecting Monday or Tuesday. SUPER EXCITE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 17 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next