We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 18:39

Truth be told when Monster Hunter stories comes out in Japan I'll most likely drop DQ VII
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016 - 22:57

Genuine truth: I've just been falling asleep whilst playing DQVII. Duh! I blame a tiring week instead of the quality of the game...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 6:42

I get that all the time with 3DS games, though mostly as I play in bed.

Really enjoying DQ7 at the mo, reminds me alot of Chrono Trigger, which can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 7:58

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Really enjoying DQ7 at the mo, reminds me alot of Chrono Trigger, which can only be a good thing.

Crumpford, those are magic words! Grin I love me a bit of CT and what I know of the plotline of DQVII sounds terribly like it mixed with the usual DQ 'travel from town to town and fix things' schtick. I just... need it to start. Meh
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:08

Nobody else playing Dragon Quest? I've been a bit buggered on my current Island by the following plot development:
Post Nottagan/Hubble spoilers:
I don't know how I'll beat this boss without resorting to grinding, so this might be coming to an untimely end for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:14

I am, now and then. It's... not all that good though, not in this era. It's starting to brighten up a bit now that I'm on the second resurrected island, but there's a lot of busywork, and not a lot of great character designs, and the battle system is thoroughly meh, and the pacing's shot...

If I had literally anything else I wanted to play this would be somewhere in the back of my drawer, embarrassed to be sat next to Stella Glow. Play the AA6 DLC instead Andy, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:16

I've not, though I'm pretty bad at getting around to playing DLC in general... I own all the Smash characters on both consoles and have only tried 2 of them once Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:18

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 351360i478D42DBF094C90D?v=v2
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 1:25

I honestly gave up on DQ IV a week or so back and went back to MH gen and Ace 6.

Though today I'm going to start Monster Hunter Stories
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 19:54

Looks like I was right about waiting for the other DQ game coming.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 4:02

A play of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest on Lunatic difficulty.  Anybody who's played the game knows how foolhardy this quest probably is, but I have to try!  

Been pretty tame so far, chapter ten is kicking my backside a bit but it doesn't feel crushingly difficult.  More like a bit of refinement of formations and a few lucky rolls of the rng and I'll get my stage clear.  I dread the pot chapter far more!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 11:59

Having seen off Phoenix Wright and his troupe of Ace Attorneys, I'm back on the seventh Dragon Quest. Nowhere near the part Andy mentions, having checked it out on the contents page of a guide - I'm in L'Arca, about eight hours in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 12:22

I must admit that DQVII has fallen completely by the wayside since Rhythm Paradise Megamix came out.  While it arguably also has a slow start (you get a whole bunch of stripped-down versions of old tunes, with the real things only appearing in earnest after you've pulled through round 5 (and in round 4 weirdly)), this is different from DQVII in that the slow start is fundamentally still fun.

It's apparently not done too well in the UK, which is reflected in its barren tumbleweed-strewn thread on here.  From what I've played, it deserves better.  That said, I downloaded rather than buying it retail - don't think that contributes to the chart figures?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 15:23

I believe you're correct Balla, though I don't agree with the start not being fun, I was enjoying getting to know the world and characters. I always say the best part of JRPGs isn't the combat, so that not getting in the way of world building wasn't a problem for me!

I managed to beat the bit I was stuck on and was on a bit of a roll, however I'm now going to Dublin in 2 weeks, so I want to save it for the evenings trapped in a hotel.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 15:35

I used to think the same, but I'm starting to agree less and less.  Games like the Mario RPGs (the actual RPGs mind), TWEWY, Tales games, Mother 3, even Bravely Second's Brave/Default system, show ways in which JRPGs' combat systems can be non-dull and even enjoyable (all of those are handheld games as well).  So I'm less inclined to tolerate any RPG where the actual gameplay is a chore.  

Meanwhile, DQVII hasn't exactly blown me away with its characters, its plot, its writing, or its atmosphere during its slow start either.  And the plot points are divided up by a lot of running around, backtracking, and that should-be infamous four treasures segment, so it's not like the plot's cantering off at that point.  

Anyway, good for the both of you that you like it.  I'm sure I'll give it another chance at some point.  In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying RPMM much more.  (Also Zero you said after you'd finished AA6 you'd comment on my music week. (makes Puss In Boots face)) No that's too whiny.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 15:23

I powered through mega mix to get to my favourite stage of Lish remix which is way better with the Japanese music
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 15:27

My favourite thus far is the Honeybee one. Despite the sickly sweetness of the singer (intentional!?), which somehow works in this context.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 18:13

Yeah I don't mind that one either but I still prefer Lush. It could
Be that I spent ages on that one thanks to always stuffing up the Sumo bros, and the song grew on me
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 18:23

Yuss, the Sumo Bros. are ridiculous in a good way... but also ridiculously difficult. Meh
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:56

If I'm being honest...nothing. It feels like I've exhausted 3DS's library at this point, though I might give Gurumin 3D a go this Thursday. I bet that gets released into nothing since Nintendo of Europe doesn't care about pushing third party games (the new Kunio-kun/River City Ransom game also got released into nothingness!)

I've been mostly playing GBA and DS games that I missed over the past few months. Got a LOT of praise to write about DK: King of Swing at some point...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyWed 2 Nov 2016 - 23:34

Slow going on DQVII at the moment. Maybe I need something more immediate in my 3DS... a rhythm game, perhaps... Tongue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 8:43

Dance Dance

I'm currently in Fronky's shoes. Got DQVII, Gurumin, and Rhythm Paradise all on the same machine... but NaNoWriMo has swamped them all so I'm not playing any of them at the moment!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 9:06

Furthermore, I've got a far better chance of finishing RPM than I have DQVII before Pokémoonsun hits.

Good luck with your NaNoWriting, Balla!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:01

I've always had a terrible habit of not finishing games because I get caught up in other things (my recent contract at work has hit me hard) so there are always more games out there for me should I have the time - so I don't think I'm ever going to hit fronk's issue of exhausting the library!

At the moment I'm playing Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros, and I think I'm probably a little over halfway? I'm running around trying to grab Dream Eggs at the moment. Also having regular blasts on Hyrule Warrior Legends, which has been a really pleasant surprise - mindless, sure, but metric pooptonnes of content, and playing a couple of missions at a time is good fun.

Once I finish DTB I have it on my list to finish Layton vs Wright, Majora's Mask, and Virtue's Last Reward - but I desperately want the new Rhythm Paradise and Pokemon games...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 19:09

That's a very fine list, Rum. I'd be intrigued to get your thoughts on Layton Vs. Wright. And you should get Pokémon. You should always get Pokémon. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 27 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next