Direct-cellent or Dire-ect? Find out on Tuesday!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Overton
Rum

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 EmptyThu 13 May 2021 - 22:15

Oh look, it's a Balladeer post I agree with without any qualms!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 EmptyThu 13 May 2021 - 23:15

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FrVVFWyTINqG7C%2Fsource
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Kriken
FMK Tagline
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 3:43

I didn't really plan to, but I've continued my re-playthrough of the Ace Attorney series, finishing Justice for All tonight. This is actually the third time I've beaten this game. And of course it was my third time beating AA1 as well (though I left the fifth case for now; since it was made after the original trilogy, that's when I'll play it).

It was really good. I can't say it never dragged at times, but it was better than I remembered and gave it credit for. I was not too alone in my opinion though, as while this game is held in a high regard alongside the rest of the original trilogy, it's generally considered to be the weakest of that trilogy. Comparing it now to the first game's four original cases though, I think it compares pretty favourably.

First of all, there is a lot more content in Justice for All (again, discounting 1's whopper of a 5th case). The 1st case in AA1 is fine for what it's meant to be - a tutorial - but that's really all it is. The first case in Justice for All meanwhile, while nothing special, is obviously more substantial and has some emotional beats. Case 2 is solid.

Case 3 is a contentious one and I frequently hear it being mentioned as one of the worst AA cases, but I really didn't find it to be bad. Granted, since I beat the game before I could make all the annoying text (largely from the clown) faster. But otherwise the content of the case is just good. Intriguing murder setup and some powerful emotional beats. And then case 4 is a great finale. I think the Edgeworth saga is a bit hamfisted, but it is satisfying seeing how the character has developed and where it leads.

Of course, I've got Trials and Tribulations next to play. A game I've actually only beaten once. Unfortunately whenever I've gotten to this game I've felt a bit burnt out from Ace Attorney. I'm in a better place going into it now, but I will probably take a break before starting it anyway. There was a lot I enjoyed about this game, but I remember it did irritate me at times because I felt it hadn't fixed some problems the series had (and in fact felt it had done some stuff worse), so I'm looking forward to playing it again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 14:41

I'm actually playing JfA again at the moment too! I have just hit the circus case and frankly it's as bad as I remember it being, even with fast-forwarding the text.

I think it's the sheer number of irritating characters that ruin JfA for me - not ruin ruin, but make it a lot worse than the others in the trilogy. Ini Miney in case two is a big one: the all-American valley-girl airhead trope does my noggin in, even if she does get some interesting development. Then I'm not sure there's a single good character in case 3. Galactica, Regina, Moe, Woodman... all tripe. Maybe Acro? But by that point the case is already doomed, and that's before we consider the back-and-forth.

Anyway, we're playing it with a walkthrough to get through it and onto the sublime case four - and then the sublime T&T. I hope you do give it the chance it deserves Kriken, it's one of my very favourites of all time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 EmptyToday at 12:36

Thinking about the fourth case in JfA and *that* moment makes me want to replay the original trilogy too. Has your other half played the Ace Attorney games before Balla?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 EmptyToday at 17:01

Yes! I think I've said before, either in the 'Five Games That Mean A Lot To You' thread or in Vs. Mode, that it was one of the games we initially bonded over. It's not much of an exaggeration to say that playing Ace Attorney got me a girl. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 35 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35