Mario Has More Games Than Ever, And You'll Need To Master Them All To Spray Water In The Starshine

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Game You Downloaded?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Kid from a To Rose
The Cappuccino Kid

First Game You Downloaded? Empty
PostSubject: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 13:23

The first game I ever downloaded online was Paper Mario through the Virtual Console back in summer 2007. I remember the excitement in ordering a Nintendo Points Card, then spending ages trying to figure out how to get the Wii online and how to use the scratch-off code. I downloaded Mario Kart 64 with the same card, as I'm greedy for Mario Kart.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:01

The first game I ever downloaded was Tetris for the ancient Sharp GX10. I loved that phone.

First Game You Downloaded? 10049357.de72e0abf9831fc3840437d5c1e593bf
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:16

Portal, I believe, which I still haven't finished. (It didn't help that I knew the plot, and the song, already.) On a Nintendo console, possibly Gunstar Heroes?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:52

On a Nintendo console, it was definitely Sonic the Hedgehog for me. My router at the time hated my Wii, so I had to hunt around for weeks after launch to find a wired ethernet cable to get the blasted thing to connect to the internets.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 15:09

I believe it was Super Mario Bros 2 on wii VC, my memory is terrible though so it may have been something different.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 17:22

Tennis for the NES on Wii Virtual Console. It was shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 21:49

on a nintendo console mario bros on vc but I have bee downloading stuff since tje dreamcast but never games really just dlc
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 18:30

I have a feeling that it was Super Mario World onto my Wii. There was no Internet connection in the house I was living in when I first got my Wii, so during a scheduled visit to a mate's house, I carted the thing with me and we hooked it up on-line there. I downloaded Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros, Sonic The Hedgehog and Gunstar Heroes (at least). My mate and I beat Gunstar Heroes in two-player co-op over that weekend. I've still not played it since.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Rude-Faced Mii
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:32

I remember first seeing the Wii Shop around a mate's house, and nearly bursting with exciting at what was available. This was in a period when I didn't 'do' the internet, so didn't really pay much notice to what was on there. Couldn't wait to get my first downloads, which were Streets of Rage, Sim City and Bomberman '93 - I picked well.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 23:50

Think it was Super Mario World on the Wii, well it's the only one I can remember
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Hoville Inhabitant
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 23:56

I think it was Super Mario 64 on the Virtual Console, also downloaded Sonic the Hedgehog 2 not long after.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 17:30

due to having probelms getting a retail copy of monster hunter on wiiu , so ive downloaded my 1st full retail game
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 20:36

I think it was Zelda 2. On the VC. Already had it on the NES and GBA, but y'know, can never have too much Zeldar.

I love Zelda 2. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Game You Downloaded?   First Game You Downloaded? Empty

Back to top Go down

First Game You Downloaded?
Page 1 of 1