We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 19:57

I'm loving the comments in these results posts. Another great week! Laughing

Also: this is the second week running I've had something bitter to say about the winner. Just to clarify, guys: it got a second place from me. I still enjoyed it, I just think it's deeply flawed. Nah nah!

Shout out to Punch-Out!! for being excellent, and a worthy joint-second place.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 22:46

Oops! I forgot to vote! Stupid MH3U & I thought I had another day to vote.

@JayMoyles does this mean Balla is now officially heel? Boooo!

EDIT: not that it matters now but my votes would've been:

Punch Out!
Smash bros brawl
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Guilty gear Core
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 23:03

Can't say I've ever heard of the 5th place game. I'm tempted to give Punch Out a whirl when I next get around to some quality Wii time after this. Madworld was robbed!

How on earth am I meant to pick 5 for this week? It's going to be tricky.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 0:40

The_Jaster wrote:
@JayMoyles does this mean Balla is now officially heel? Boooo!

Balla's just the Anonymous GNamer General Manager, he may or may not have written that wrestling slur. Who's the higher power?!

I found voting for platformers way easier than I thought. Although, that's more down to me buying fewer Wii games towards the last year or so of its life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 7:02

So I take it we have until Sunday to get our votes in?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 7:09

You could have made all the difference to poor Punch-Out!! and its starving family, Jaster. Tongue Yes, deadline's Sunday at 1800. I'll update the OP.

And I didn't put that wrestling is rubbish. Not in this thread at least. Winky Face

(Still waiting for guidance on Runner!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 10:44

So my no1 came joint 2Nd, reason i gave TVC such a high spot as to me a fighter is street fighter, king of fighters, tekken etc not smash bros and TVC was the closet on the WII to any of them. And platformers thats a hard week as i've barely played any but we no galaxy is going to win.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 13:26

It might be but as much as I liked galaxy I'm tempted to put a certain 2d platfomer above it.

@balla: as for runner I'd say that's a rhythm game, platformer to me means actually controlling your character through a set if obstacles whereas runner is a one button game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 16:09

There are two Galaxies, and lots of very good 2D platformers. I don't think it'll be that clear-cut.

And I'm pretty happy with Jaster's analysis of BTR. Rhythm it goes! OP updated. (Although I'm conscious that poor old Andyman seems to be getting argued down at every opportunity. Aww! It's not intentional, honest!)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 17:59

It's easy to accidently lump Runner in with Rhythm games because the music is a massive part of it, but from watching Jays video I feel more than ever it's the platforming making the music. The noises come as he passes over, hits or collects something. If it's a rhythm game it's the worst damned rhythm game I've ever played Laughing By Jasters logic what is Sonic and the Secret Rings? That's a platformer but it pretty much moves on it's own. To me a platformer is running and jumping and going in a relatively linear fashion from A to B.

I can see that in SMB:BB so if that's in platformers that's fine but where do we put Step and Roll? If I remember correctly that didn't have a jump button (OK so I doubt many people have even played it so it's probably not too important)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 18:13

Yes, but Harmoknight's the same, and I'd lump that in with rhythm... Does anyone in the thread who's actually played BTR want to give an opinion? As for Step & Roll, I think we'll put that in platform too. Similar action, just without a jump button; and I can't be fussed with another one of these debates for a game that deserves a dishonourable mention at best. (Although let me know if I'm wrong!)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 19:29

I've played Bit.Trip Runner! Conclusion: rhythm-based 2D platformer. If it were Bit.Trip Driver, I'm sure it would be a racer, but it isn't...it's a platformer.

You actually do control Sonic in the Secret Rings game by tilting the Wii remote forward and backward - you can almost completely manipulate his movement yourself. Nonetheless, anyone who suggests that The Secret Rings is anything other than a platformer must be trolling the forum.

Step & Roll, same old Monkey Ball, platformer right through.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 22:11

I am inclined to accept the Phillips point of view, then, unless anyone else who's played the game (2bc?) would like to contradict it. I still worry that it won't get the recognition it may or may not deserve this week, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 12:43

That's my platformers list in. Ooft. I had to leave out some absolute stonkers, but I'm happy with my choices. Did anybody else vote for Max & The Magic Marker as their #1?

I don't think this'll be as clear cut as you might think. There were a few people over on NGamer who said they didn't like Galaxy 2, for example.

Last edited by Phillips on Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 12:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The sexual tension between Dusty Knackers and The_Jaster)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 12:49

Thank you, Phillips! It's a tough one this (although not for me, admittedly). I may regret asking, but... sexual tension?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 13:04

my votes will be coming tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 19:34

A reminder that ports and New Play Control games are eligible, should you want to vote for them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 21:22

Well, I don't. So, there. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 21:54

What's sonic & the secret rings? ........a shit game Razz

@phillips what the hell are you on about in your reasons for edits note?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 0:38

andyman949 wrote:
Madworld was robbed!
Ahh Madworld, this week's "game treesmurf forgot he'd played so didn't vote it as a result thus meaning a slight shift in the voting may have occurred".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 11:42

andyman949 wrote:
It's easy to accidently lump Runner in with Rhythm games because the music is a massive part of it, but from watching Jays video I feel more than ever it's the platforming making the music. The noises come as he passes over, hits or collects something. If it's a rhythm game it's the worst damned rhythm game I've ever played Laughing By Jasters logic what is Sonic and the Secret Rings? That's a platformer but it pretty much moves on it's own. To me a platformer is running and jumping and going in a relatively linear fashion from A to B.

Having played all the Bit.Trip series I'd like to clarify that to me Runner is a platformer.

Those of you who have played the Rayman Legends demo on the Wii U will remember the level in which you DONT play as Rayman
that uses rock n roll rhythm to help you time your jumps inline with the music whilst sliding across the screen..
almost exactly the same as Runner. minus the fact runner has a shmup style sidescrolling screen.
Rayman is a platformer, Put the game on mute and its the same playing any platformer where you have to time your jumps.

What about the recent Wiiware title
'La Maluna'

I havent finished it yet but it seems
very Metrovania Sidescrolling with platforming but also is definitely an adventure game

does it get pigeon holed as adventure or sidescrolling platformer ?

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 12:18

You did play as Rayman in the "black Betty" level & I still disagree with runner being a platformer because you can't actually run wherever you please, using legends as an example if I wanted & no matter how wrong it is I could easily run in the opposite direction (obviously I'd die) but this just isn't possible in the likes of runner as its automated & for me the music in an integral part of that game.

Try & play with the sound off & I bet ye don't get on so well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 12:27

I've not played runner but someone said it like harmoknight to me thats a rhythm based game not a platfomer, but what do i know i wanted to vote for a lego game in platformers but balla wouldn't let me he says it's adventure,
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 15:47

I have played Runner with the sound off and performed just as well XD I listen to the sound as I like Bit Trips music.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:32

Weirdo Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 11 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next