We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 17:31

Sadly, your host will not have access to a terminal at 1800; please accept this early placing as an apology. The Youtube Sinfonia's music has been delicately infused into the game title (and the same for tenth place, retroactively) to enhance your experience. Enjoy!

Ninth Place
Spoiler:

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 4 Jun 2013 - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 17:43

MP2 had NPCs as well, right? I don't think the fault lies with the inclusion of NPCs, but rather with who those NPCs were and how they were portrayed.

I mean...ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 17:43

I was not expecting that one but it sounds fair, I'll be sure to finish off 2 and play 3 when I next visit home!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 18:06

I don't understand, this game / series in top 10 unlike monster hunter as what I played of metroid prime sucked.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 18:28

Metroid Prime (the original) is near perfect. 2 and 3, I can understand some criticisms being levied at it, but the original is just absolutely brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 18:30

Says the man who defends Resi 1 to the death
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 19:12

yep as resident evil is actually good unless the number is higher than 4 and/or has a silly title.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 19:13

Who keeps voting crap games into the top ten? My money's on HAL. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 19:21

The Trilogy is a good shout - I'm happy it didn't enter the top five but a top ten placing is fair. One day I'll complete you! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 19:25

I see you put how the points add up today which I thought was a nice touch, but did you ever explain how the points system works?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 19:46

masofdas wrote:
yep as resident evil is actually good unless the number is higher than 4 and/or has a silly title.

I really enjoyed 5, but didn't like the original. Different tastes, I guess.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 20:11

I think we need to direct Stu & Masofdas to the loony bin, the prime series are some of the best adventure games about.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 20:25

JayMoyles wrote:
MP2 had NPCs as well, right? I don't think the fault lies with the inclusion of NPCs, but rather with who those NPCs were and how they were portrayed.
Fixed. Winky Face

andyman949 wrote:
I see you put how the points add up today which I thought was a nice touch, but did you ever explain how the points system works?
In the OP, I wrote:
  • I'll give them points based on your rankings. Top-ranked game gets 5 points, second gets 4, and so on until (if you've included 5 games) the fifth gets 1.
Replace five with ten (and four with nine) and you're there!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 21:40

yeah me and stu are going to sit in a corner.

Am in right in thinking Trilogy got most of the votes there. I don't want to diss the wii but number 1 action game was twilight a cube game, you guys are saying prime 1 is great also a cube game, so basically GAMECUBE FTW.

If metroid prime 4 or something is announced at E3 I will buy it and try to enjoy it.

I've not played a PROPER resident evil for a while but i might have rose-tinted glasses as RES 2 was one the first games i finished on the PS1 (yeah i played games meant for a 15 year old when i was Cool and then the REmake on cube was one of the first decent and must have exclusive 3RD party games which you had to have and was stunning graphically at the time in 2002 when i was 12 (also naughty). so playing even the remake 11 years on today might seem not great especially if you've not played before.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 9:07

The points breakdown is in the results post, and it's Trilogy with the 15. So yes, GameCube for the win indeed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 11:43

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Fixed. Winky Face

...what did you fix? Confused
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 17:45

The Number Nine entry. Although that's old news now, because......

Eighth Place
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 18:04

I'm looking forwards to sunday when Balladeer announces Sin and Punishment is number 1 and it was all a hoax. Come on Wii Sports is not a top 10 worthy game, it's not a top 100 worthy game...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 19:13

I do indeed 'adore everything about Wii Sports'. I don't think I'd still be gaming if it weren't for Wii Sports...although whether that would be a good thing or not, I honestly don't know.

It's such a top ten game. I'd say it's a top three game, to be precise. That said, I wish it didn't make it, as then we'd have been excused from Balladeer's outrageously shite interpretation of Scottish patter. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 19:46

Going to blame nupkin entirely for that one. Whistle
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 19:53

Balladeer wrote:

Celebrity Guest Andy Murray says:

"Mumble mumble mumble mumble. 'Scuse me while I pull some soor faces. Wii Sports, eh? What a cairrie-on wi' the tennis. Ye cannae even hurl abuse at the umpire: what sortae tennis game is tha'? A [bad] one, tha's what sort. I do enjoy a bittie boxing, though: I've got three Mii versions of Novak Djokovic, and after a couple o' pints, I puir batter the [seven bells] out of all three in a row. Magic. Baseball's [bad]; golf's not English at least but is still [bad]; let's take a wee look at bowling... [Blast], me [flipping] back's gone again! That's put me oot o' Wimbledon for sure! [Curse] YOU FEDEREEEEEEEEEER!!!!!"

Balla, that was, as you, um, put it - [flipping] [bad]. Laughing

Definitely agree with Wii Sports's inclusion into the top 10. It's such an important game for the Wii, and while it might not have been a truly pivotal game for me, for the millions and millions of families out there who opened it up Christmas Morning, it was a gateway to gaming.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 19:59

Nobody can deny Wii sports was the best "Wii Game" even if it wasn't the best "Wii game" or the best "game on Wii"
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 20:26

Balladeer wrote:
Going to blame nupkin entirely for that one. Whistle
Were the words in brackets supposed to be blue language from the Woodburn and Castlemilk patter-hooses that you couldn't include? You can't blame that on me!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 20:31

The_Jaster wrote:
I think we need to direct Stu & Masofdas to the loony bin

Cuckoo

I'll settle for Wii Sports in eighth place (even if I didn't vote for it). It's left its mark in videogame history, even if Nintendo appears to have largely forgotten about motion controls one generation later...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 23:32

Wii Sports is as important as they come, that very first swing of the Wii remote is something every Wii gamer will remember, my first swing was in a GAME store at the Trafford Centre during my lunch break at work, best lunch break ever!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 23 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next