We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 23:39

Been playing some Nintendo Land recently, I'd forgotten just how much fun it is with more than one person (and we were only playing with two players). Some games work better than others, but Luigi's Ghost Mansion is still the laugh/panic-a-thon it's always been.

andyman949 wrote:
Maybe but there's just no reason to make the nearly always empty lockers and stuff appear on the touch screen, it's overly fiddly and takes realism away, you'd be looking at the cupboard not becoming totally unaware of your surroundings.

That's kind of the point, the GamePad's meant to be a distraction during combat, something to up the tension as you manage your inventory on this little screen on your lap whilst you're keeping tabs on the action on the TV.

I thought it worked brilliantly, and lent itself to some tense firefights as I'd run away from a few zombis, quickly drag a grenade to my hand slots and recommence fighting.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 1:42

We've tried telling him that, but he sees it as being clunky. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 7:25

Blasted through a couple more of the stages in Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed's World Tour, as well as getting to the next world on Kung Fu Rabbit. My gaming has slowed down recently a great deal. Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 13:23

It's still a toss up between Lego city because I just love going around the city, and Super Mario world which I seem to be taking my time with
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 20:58

Yep, Super Mario World is not filling up the little spaces.

It dawned on me: I thought I was "the boss" (as the kids say) at SMW, but actually, I've never made it across the "bonus" bit at the end of the Forest Fortress, with the lava pit with all the Podoboos jumping out.

I posted this on Miiverse, and some gobshite wrote "Hey, you know you can just fly over that, right?"
Well [sarcasm]DUH! THANKYOU MR WISE MAN! I WAS JUST TRYING TO DO A BIG JUMP![/sarcasm]
Said gobshite brushed over the fact that when flying in the optimum dive-down-up method (it's too far to just float), it's night-impossible to avoid the Podoboos; the only alternative is to spin-jump off their backs, which only works when they're descending back into the lava.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 1:21

Don't sweat it bro, SMW is rock hard.
Broseph. Brojan: Total Warrior. Field of BROken dreams. Brobot. Brohemian rhapsody.

The only time I ever beat it was when some kid at my karate grading got me to the last level

I've mostly been using my Wii U for youtube, tbh. In theory, I'm still working on Assassin's Creed III.
Oh, and Injustice, Nintendoland and My Kong got dragged out for multiplayer this evening. It was ace.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 9:10

Yesterday I cracked and bought Injustice: Gods Among Us. I've always been more of a Marvel man but any good chance to rumble as a superhero must be taken! I've played through the first chapter and it's pretty sweet, all told. Grin
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:10

I have been playing some Wii games as part of my quest to review every game I have, all 1200+ of them, so I will give you the Reader's Digest version of which Wii games I have done so far this year:

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To the City - Enjoyed: With 100+ hours on the clock, I loved this game, but I have moved on. Some parts of the first game are dearly missed and I think they could have done a better job. Bring on Animal Crossing Wii U.

ANNO: Create a New World - Exceptional: Loved this game so much, I could barely drag myself away. It is the classic "just another day" game that eats time before realising it.

Arc Rise Fantasia - Enjoyed: A decent and solid JRPG with some really terrible voicing and the odd annoying character.

Bakugan Battle Brawlers - Middling: Why the hell do I own this? I didn't hate it, but it is so bland and uninteresting, and yes, I quite like the cartoon.

Band Hero - Enjoyed: 65 songs and 28 I love or like. I would rather kill myself than play Taylor Swift. If you have the instruments, you could do worse.

Battalion Wars 2 - Enjoyed: Not up to Advance Wars for fun, but a solid and challenging squad-based shooter with some goofy characters.

Beatles Rockband - Enjoyed: It's really hard not to like The Beatles and they have put a fantastic package together, but The Beatles get pretty boring by the end of their career with songs I don't care about.

Big Brain Academy - Middling: Not a real lot of meat on the bone with this game. It has fun moments and is good with friends, but you won't spend a lot of time with it.

Boom Blox - Enjoyed: What a revelation. This is a fantastic game and I don't much like puzzle games. The physics of the game work so well. I can only see myself playing it in short bursts though.

A Boy & His Blob - Enjoyed: It has a HUG button people! How can anyone not love this game, it is just so sweet. Itr also plays well. Highly recommended.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - Middling: I never got the GTA thing and I don't much get this either. I find the missions boring and the characters annoying. Not my cup of tea, so to speak.

Captain Rainbow - Enjoyed: The single gayest experience I have ever had in my life and I loved it. I don't read Japanese, but I managed okay. It is bizarre and fun. You have B Grade Nintendo characters to help and Birdo has been arrested for going to the ladies toilets - he/she thinks she is a woman, but speaks with a male voice! I am gald I picked it up.

That is all I have done so far, but I most post some more when I have a 5 more done:
Conduit 2, Cooking Mama, Cursed Mountain, Dancing Stage: Hottest Party & Disaster: Day of Crisis.

I have 150+ Wii games alone to work through!
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:12

Wow, that's an impressive feat oldschool. Would you mind posting up the other format reviews when you get round to them, I'd be genuinely interested to read them. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:25

Good going! Probably for the best that this isn't swamping the game review thread, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 16:46

JayMoyles wrote:
Wow, that's an impressive feat oldschool. Would you mind posting up the other format reviews when you get round to them, I'd be genuinely interested to read them. Smile

I might do it like this as well, just the Reader's Digest version in a single thread. As Balladeer rightly points out, we don't need to clog up the forums with individual threads. The other consoles I have been working on have been the Gamecube, DS, 3DS, PSP, PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Xbox 360. Eventually I will move into the GBA, GBC, GameBoy, N64, SNES, Megadrive and PC. I currently work on a game a day, but even that gets tough sometimes, so it is likely a 4 year project. I set up my own little site, more for me than anything else, just so I had a place the reviews could live forever. Plus it gives me an incentive to try every one of those games I have purchased.

I only have 4 rating 'scores' - Exceptional (I loved it), Enjoyed (I had a lot of fun with it), Middling (not enough fun for my liking) and Disliked (I really wanted to stop playing and never play it again). I think arbitrary numbers are useless.

Worst game I have played so far, I doubt will be beaten, is Doom 3 on the Xbox - oh how I hated that game!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 21:35

Good to see some A Boy and His Blob and Boom Blox love, oldschool! I'm replaying those games right now myself, alongside de Blob, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Kororinpa.

I've never had so many Wii games on the go at once, and it's all Balla's voting thread's fault.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 21:44

Very Happy

Still time to vote for week nine! (Oh please won't someone vote? Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 10:09

'mon the Wii! I've been having the odd Wii gaming session as of late, dabbling in and out of a lot of different games, but it's been WarioWare Smooth Moves and SSX Blur that have been getting the most play.

It's a glorious time to be a Wii gamer. Prices for the console, peripherals and games are tumbling in ways I just couldn't have imagined three years ago - in the last couple of months I've picked up no fewer than four Wii games priced at under £1 (decent ones too!). I'm starting to accumulate a collection of unsealed games that I intend to play...famous words.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 16:17

I have to pick up ABahB at some point. Possibly some other games too. I need to check the votey thread.

I had my first play on Wii Music today! Not very "gamey", is it? Apart from the pitch game, which of course being musical I breezed through (smug smug). How does one unlock other tunes though?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 17:19

Phillips wrote:
It's a glorious time to be a Wii gamer.

It is indeed! I've reclaimed about five Wii games I used to own very recently, and have also picked up one game I never had in the first place. Namely Dewy's Adventure.

This is one of my favourite times in a console's life cycle: the current generation can't really hack it yet, so it falls back on the previous generation hardware to pick up the slack. The dust has finally settled, and at last it's clear just how many great little gems the Wii has had over the last seven years. Smile

I've just beaten Kororinpa for the first time this afternoon. A fun little game, albeit very straightforward. One day I will head back and sweep through the rest of the bonus levels and the mirror mode.

@Balla: I recommend A Boy and His Blob. Again, it's very straightforward (from what I've played so far), but it has charm and atmosphere in spades.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 0:12

Stu_the_great wrote:
Phillips wrote:
It's a glorious time to be a Wii gamer.

It is indeed! I've reclaimed about five Wii games I used to own very recently, and have also picked up one game I never had in the first place. Namely Dewy's Adventure.

This is one of my favourite times in a console's life cycle: the current generation can't really hack it yet, so it falls back on the previous generation hardware to pick up the slack. The dust has finally settled, and at last it's clear just how many great little gems the Wii has had over the last seven years. Smile

I've just beaten Kororinpa for the first time this afternoon. A fun little game, albeit very straightforward. One day I will head back and sweep through the rest of the bonus levels and the mirror mode.

@Balla: I recommend A Boy and His Blob. Again, it's very straightforward (from what I've played so far), but it has charm and atmosphere in spades.

I really enjoyed Dewy's Adventure. It is a very under-rated and under-appreciated game. Starting with D, it won't be too long before I play and review that one agai.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 18:43

Question, is Nights any good?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 19:48

The_Jaster wrote:

Sort of. It isn't as wonderful, majestic or distinct as the classic Saturn original, but there are moments of genius. I remember NGamer calling it "a mixed bag", which I feel is a fair assessment. Disappointing when stood against it's prequel, but based on it's own merits I'd say it's worth a few quid.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 0:18

Phillips wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Sort of. It isn't as wonderful, majestic or distinct as the classic Saturn original, but there are moments of genius. I remember NGamer calling it "a mixed bag", which I feel is a fair assessment. Disappointing when stood against it's prequel, but based on it's own merits I'd say it's worth a few quid.

I agree. I didn't complete it, but what I played was very decent and I never played the first, so I haven't got that to compare with. Considering how cheap I have seen it, it is certainly worth getting.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 0:23

So worth a go at 3 quid then, will buy that the morra along with warioware smooth moves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 22:56

I really disliked the Wii version, but then again I'm a huge fan of the original game. Worth looking into for that price, but please don't judge NiGHTS on the strength of Journey Into Dreams.

It didn't please me that SEGA also managed to allow Gearbox to make a complete balls of one of my other favourite games of all time on its Wii debut: Samba De Amigo.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 23:25

I've always said that if Samba De Amigo Wii had the controls you'd naturally assume it would, it would be one of the Wii's best games. I'll never know how Gearbox made such an arse of the controls.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 23:30

It was actually a fiver but I still got it along with warioware smooth moves & wii music, still not played em yet but I'll definitely post up my thoughts when I do.

Samba de amigo was there too but I didn't fancy it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 23:37

Playing the Dreamcast versions of Samba as intended today just makes you marvel even more at what a technical accomplishment they are, and that they're now over thirteen years old even more so. If they'd managed it on Wii, Samba would have rightly been one of its finest games.

I'm tempted to pick Wii Music back up again myself, though I wasn't much of a fan originally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 5 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next