We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
beemoh
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Tokyo_Sonata
JayMoyles
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:10

Well colour me surprised Laughing that was a hell of an ending boost.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:16

I think people like Miss Rodgers and sites like Nintendo Enthusiast, getting behind it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Dec 2014 - 2:23

The only kickstarter that I'm interested in is one for Letish Letish.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Dec 2014 - 7:49

I think we can all get behind that. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:26

Right... so... would Sean Connery's head be moving backwards and forwards with you firing lettuces in Puzzle Bobble-style, or is it more like NBA Jam (or, in the analogue world, Basketball I believe)?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 8:04

I think it was more "get the lettishes into Connery's mouth". So, basketball-ish.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:24

Not kickstarter but similar is patreon which Jim Sterling uses and now some long time severing IGN guys who have quit IGN including Colin Moriarty who you know I'm a fan off to start there own thing.

And they have this patreon thing where basically if you sub your paying there wages, what's peoples thought on this. Is it good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:40

I know a few YouTubers (Ebolaworld, Kimble Justice and Caddicarus) who use Patreon to help pay the bills, and I don't object to it if they're providing decent content. As long as subbers are acknowledged in the credits (which they are in my experience).

Asking people to give £X a month is a bit much for most people, though. It would really be better if you could contribute one random amount as desired, like Kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:51

I've been funding Jim Sterling, but his podcasts have become too puerile for my tastes. Still, I enjoy his Jimquisitions.

Wrong thread, I know, I know.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:34

I guess only problem with one amount is if everyone gives right away then that's it, they need a steady income coming so a sub makes more sense. I'm tempted to give a $1 a month.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:40

masofdas wrote:
I guess only problem with one amount is if everyone gives right away then that's it, they need a steady income coming so a sub makes more sense. I'm tempted to give a $1 a month.

Yeah, there is that. Though I think it should also be an option for people to give when, say, they've seen a particularly good episode, or the creator has stated he/she'll be starting a series you're interested in or something.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 21:55

I've just backed this
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 15:36

Double post, I've done some backing this, I've gone for the PS4 version. Not sure what version of the game posted in the post before this I will go for.

And this as well.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 22:16

Triple Post

Project Ukulele the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie will be going the kickstarter route, the page will be going up sometime this month.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:07

Sorry for the Quad post but Yooka-Laylee (see what they did there) goes live on kickstarter tomorrow and Wii U version confirmed with pledges starting at £10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:08

I'm actually very interested in this one, following my desire for free-roaming platformers. Not a backer, but I'll keep an ear to the ground.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:44

If it doesn't get backed, I'm blaming you Balla.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 May 2015 - 19:16

Anyone backed Bloodstained AKA SOTN2,

If I didn't know this was already past it's goal and they've already said they've got a publisher as well.

So doesn't really need my money and $60 is a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 12:29

$28 is a bit much for me to throw down, as much as I'd love to see another Castlevania in the guise of SOTN and their ilk. I'll pick it up when it drops in price on Steam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 18:12

Yeah, I didn't see a need to fund it -- someone else will always take my place, so I'm not making an altruistic difference given the widespread appeal of the kickstarter itself.

It's interesting that Igarashi said 90% of the game's funding will still come from publishers, though, and that the Kickstarter funds are there to prove there is a market for the game. I suppose they are following at Mighty No. 9, which even managed to secure a boxed release with the publishers, but I just can't see a few thousand backers as meaning a "market" -- for any non-budget game you'd need hundreds of thousands of sales, not just a few thousand.

My other problem with Kickstarter is how the creators tend to pander to the fans. Like how developers once answered to publishers on some creative decisions to ensure the game would sell better (in the publisher's eyes), Kickstarter isn't necessarily any better. You're still trying to please the guy with the money, and fans aren't necessarily the best people to ask.

It's a necessary trade-off for sure, given these games wouldn't be funded in any other way. But I think if backers are reminded that they are funding a business decision and buying into the creator's vision, we wouldn't see the need for backers to feel entitled that they have a say in the game's development (Yooka-Laylee's music says hi!)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 May 2015 - 12:04

There's a possibility of Bloodstained getting a Wii U stretch goal. If that could be confirmed, I'd back it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 May 2015 - 19:55

I think I would back as well if meeting the stretch goal was the only way to get it on U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 May 2015 - 9:28

It's happening, gentlemen. Time to "get my fund on".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 May 2015 - 9:34

I seen that, the only thing is what do I back at the moment as will I get Wii U get a physical release if I back that option (I think unlikely due to all the regions.) As I would sooner have a physical release for my collection.

So I might wait and see if the goal is met then back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 May 2015 - 9:57

Urk. Having looked at the thing, it's $28 for a digital copy of the game, and unless the funding goal is met I won't be able to play it at all (got Steam, but on a Mac). Might leave it until they're into the last 100k.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites   Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter, Patreon, and other funding sites
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next