We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gameboy discussion thread

Go down 
+3
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Gameboy discussion thread  Empty
PostSubject: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 20:21

Hey folks!

We had a similar thread on the old place so I thought I'd recreate it here, so if you have any thoughts from the orignal gameboy to the GBA ye can use this place.

I love that it went from this
Gameboy discussion thread  Nintendo_gameboy2

to this
Gameboy discussion thread  Wikipedia_gameboy_micro

I've been playing fire pro wrestling on my GB Micro again such a great game even if I did forget how to pin my opponent Laughing I really hope we see it added to wii U's GBA section of VC games.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 20:37

I liked:
Gameboy discussion thread  Ngbbs4ddf1f215e832

My first ever handheld! I got Robot wars as my first game, it was alright but at the time I loved it.

Gameboy discussion thread  _-Robot-Wars-Metal-Mayhem-Game-Boy-Color-_
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 20:50

Gameboy discussion thread  Originalredgameboy

Look at that. My first ever console. I still have it around somewhere. First games were SML, SML2 and DKL2; at first I only ever played SML, graduating onto the other two later. Took 4 AAs, but kept going on them for a decent length of time.

Then I had a purple GBC, covered in stickers; a transparent blue GBA; and a normal GBA SP. I still prefer the GBA to its later model: the frontlight was great, don't get me wrong, and it was more pocket-sized, but the shape of the GBA was nicer to hold. The SP's shoulder buttons were 'orrible.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 21:32

Vidofnir: ...are...are you me? That was my first handheld, same colour and all, and Robot Wars was one of the three games I got with it. The other two were Star Wars and Super Mario Land 2. I still love Super Mario Land 2. The other two... not so much.

Pokemon came soon after. Red, Blue, and Yellow were all put through their paces. I remember Pokemon Silver being the first game I was ever hyped for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 21:50

haha, I played Pokemon Yellow quite a bit, then eventually got Crystal.

I remember the shock of seeing the pokemon move as they entered battle. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptySun 17 Mar 2013 - 22:04

I had Stadium for that. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013 - 9:34

loved my gameboy, i used to have loads of games for my pocket i think i started with a pocket, i cant remember where all the games came from as i was about 5 or 6 when i got mine, ohh pokemon and the wario games were the best. Later of course i got a GBA etc which was my 1st midnight launch in choices video. but i diont think the Gameboy is the vest handheld i no @stu would say DS but me its the Neo Geo Pocket Color
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013 - 22:25

I still love all things Game Boy. Currently playing Klonoa: Empire of Dreams on GBA, and it's refreshing to go back to playing a game that's so simple, yet so intricate at the same time. You can stick your epic cinematics and voice acting.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013 - 0:59

Gameboy discussion thread  Gbc-pokemon

I just picked up one of these for $40 on Sunday, now going to find some games for it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013 - 7:10

Ooh, nice! I have one of those, but mine's yellow:

Gameboy discussion thread  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC7MVvVDnHVJ4x1QaLykcjOow9xh8B9tzFxUQSFXKWj7V_MKXInw

May I recommend this exceedingly fine game?

Gameboy discussion thread  2Q==

I absolutely love Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite. Must replay it again soon; it's so relaxing!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameboy discussion thread    Gameboy discussion thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameboy discussion thread
Page 1 of 1