We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deus Ex: HR Wii U

Go down 
+8
Axis1500
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Dusty Knackers
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Deus Ex: HR Wii U Empty
PostSubject: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:05

Just spotted mention of this on twitter, did a quick google.
IGN report here (they're the first google result)

Quote :
Square Enix has confirmed that the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be released exclusively on the Wii U.

No firm release date has been given, but the Director's Cut is slated to utilise the GamePad for touch-screen hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping, grenade throwbacks and other neural hub enhancements. The version will also include developer commentaries and in-game guides.

Tongs' Rescue mission and the Missing Link chapter will both be integrated into the game, while overhauled boss fights, tweaks to combat, balance and AI, and visual improvements are also part of the package.

I've been living under a Nintendo-shaped rock since I stopped playing my PS1, so all I know about this game is the various "I didn't ask for this" gags and the Extra Credits episode which made it seem really interesting, so I'm very excited. I just wish more actual new games were being announced, rather than ports of old games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:25

I bought this game on OnLive for £1 and loved it, it was one of my favorite games of 2011. I then got it again on Steam for free (with vouchers) because I wanted to play it again and OnLive kind of sucks but it turned out my laptop couldn't run the game very well either so I'm quite looking forward to another chance to play this. Plus with me only spending £1 on the previous 2 copies it wont be a waste of money to buy it again Laughing
I'm liking the sound of the overhauled boss fights, those were the only thing I disliked about the original version, they almost made me stop playing completely
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:27

LOL it's a two year old port LOL

(I'll just get this out the way so we can have a grown-up conversation about the game now)

I known the name, but nothing about the game, so this could be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:28

Dusty Knackers wrote:
LOL it's a two year old port LOL

(I'll just get this out the way so we can have a grown-up conversation about the game now)

I read your post in the "things that symbols you off thread", and wondered when I'd see this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 18:51

It's a fantastic game, possibly my favourite stealth game and I love how free you are to do everything.
However I've had it for a year and a half now so it's still pretty lame for someone like me who wants some actual new Wii U games to play...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 20:36

Given how much I've enjoyed Arkham City and Darksiders II, I might pick this one up. Heaven knows the Wii U has yet to ignite for me - maybe this will prove to be more kindling.

What am I talking about? I don't know either. Grin

Edit: NintendoLife tells me that there's a Director's Commentary?! What sort of awesome idea is that?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 23:05

I'm up for this depending on what gamepad features they bring to the table & if they add to the experience.

People might not like the amount of ports the wii U is getting but it'd be worse off without them, also remember the likes of Bayonetta 2 & wonderful 101 are on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 1:43

I've gone from "meh!" to Will Buy. I never played the sequels but the original Deus Ex blew my mind back in the day. It was good pre-Epic Mickey Warren Spector. I don't mind late ports when they're done with a lot of care.

Also see: Need For Speed U.

I assume they're porting this because another Deus Ex is in the works and they're trying to build a Wii U base.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 10:23

pointless port, i can buy it on the other formats for about a fiver now. same with most wanted i can buy for the half the price on my ps3, i no thta has got some ectra things ans using thehigher textures like the pc version but still more ports i want new games or if you are going to do ports port something like tomb raider which isnt that old if lets ays it was to come out august that be like a 6 months cap not two years
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 10:30

I'd rather have ports than nothing at all, wouldn't you? People need to realise its being done to test the waters of a new format all of these ports will fall by the wayside overtime as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 11:33

Yeah it's better than nothing, I did say a port of tomb raider would make more sense. I think if we new 100% that a new deus ex was coming then this would make perfect sense to get you up to speed with the series. I think pricing is a issue with these ports take resident evil revelation it's 35 on wiiu need for speed is 50, I would consider buying that at the right price. To me it's about timing, relevance and pricing for ports.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 11:44

For me they just need to be decent ports & be brought to a system with a fanbase that may not have had the opportunity to play those games before, Resi revelations for example is more pointless than games like deus ex & NFS as Nintendo fans have already played it not to mention its a game (resi) built for a handheld experience.

As for price all you have to do is shop around or take advantage of reward schemes like Phillps did with NFS. (he got it for the great price of £27)

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 12:11

27 is a good price where was that to, see i played res on my 3ds i really wanted to like it but couldn't get on with it on a handheld with thse controls and yes i did have a circle pad but thought it made the 3DS clunky. So will be giving it another bash on wiiu
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 16:21

I disgree about Resi, I think it should be on Wii U like the other consoles as at least it's a simultaneous release. Personally I'll get way more out of it on a console than a handheld however much it may have been built for a handheld as I prefer games on home consoles. Especially a game like Resi.
However I still think Nintendo need to be getting some exclusives out, adding some awkward second screen functionality to a game is hardly aiding the console. Monster Hunter is currently the only game that has me at all excited for Wii U and that's got a large chunk of a Wii game as its chassis.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 17:54

I agree with everthing andy said.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 20:26

I never said it shouldn't be on wii U, I can happily ignore it.....I only said that it's more of a pointless port than deus ex is (for Nintendo fans anyway) not to mention I played the hell out of it on 3ds especially the raid mode.

@masofdas This will blow your mind......I played resi without the CPP that game doesn't need a second analog stick at all.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 9:00

Well for the two people that want it this is good news but I would rather have had Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. Still someone must be happy about this.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 21:25

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

So this finally has a release date - October 25. Its no longer exclusive but is released on the same day as the other formats and the price is surprisingly cheap. £21.85 at ShopTo.

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/wiiu/WIIUDE00-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut

This is another release that seems to favour us Europeans. In America, the Wii U version is priced $20 higher than the other versions. LOL.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 1:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:43

See at that price it stands a fighting chance, I'd buy it if I had time and money for it I'd buy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 9:30

That's an amazing price - in fact, it's now a day one purchase!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 19:57

IGN have reviewed this apperntly it's the best version of the game ever, shame I played two years ago. But likes of Balla check it out.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 16:18

Got my copy today.
Added it to my Wii U games I haven't had time to play pile.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:22

Ordered from Amazon! At the time it was cheaper than shopto and, for whatever reason, getting shopto to actually process my order was taking too long. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 22:16

Tempted to buy it even though I won't be playing it for a bit, too many other games right now to play but I'd like to show my support at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013 - 9:07

It's in my Wii U's disc slot. Curse my lack of skill at cover-based shooters! I'm going to switch it down to Easy when I next play, mainly because the first two guys killed me. Yes, they did. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: HR Wii U   Deus Ex: HR Wii U Empty

Back to top Go down

Deus Ex: HR Wii U
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: