We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)

Go down 
+22
SquidgyGoat
Rum
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
shanks
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Axis1500
The_Jaster
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty02/05/14, 07:51 am

Thank you for subjecting yourself to that, Rum, so that the rest of us don't have to. No 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty03/05/14, 09:41 am

I also downloaded the demo and quite liked it myself, It's very Japanese.

The whole making children thing is weird as there not real children and made via Matryoshka some how, there's this one bit where you are told about real couples so there could be you have to have a real child maybe. There's one part your told when your alone with a girl no hanky panky yet you are told to go at it.

The I did like the combat system which reminds me of another game, after trying it and finishing it. I wanted to continue playing but not sure about paying £29.99 for a download or the price of import for the retail.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty03/05/14, 10:09 am

In a Jas-pleasing move, I downloaded Cave Story yesterday. Fun so far! Is there any benefit to fighting Balrog when he asks you to? I skipped it, because I hadn't saved in a while. Embarrassed 
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty03/05/14, 12:33 pm

Is the Cave Story now on eShop for £6, the same game as the retail copy that came out near to the 3DS's launch or the original '16 Bit' stylised one?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty06/05/14, 01:52 am

Pretty sure it's the original.

@balla you just get a lot of exp from defeating him, also I'd get into the habbit of saving when it's possible.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty06/05/14, 02:41 am

Did anyone ever get Tappingo? It's on offer and I'm wondering if it's worth nabbing and then leaving it in a queue forever
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty06/05/14, 09:16 am

The_Jaster wrote:
@balla you just get a lot of exp from defeating him, also I'd get into the habbit of saving when it's possible.

Don't worry, I'm starting to do that. Bloody giant red spikes...

Also I'm not keen on the EXP system. My weapon continually degrading is rather irritating.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty06/05/14, 09:55 am

I was just coming on here to shout praises about Tappingo, it's brilliant! For the tin price of £2 there is no reason not to pick it up. I got so hooked on it yesterday I've already completed about 80 out of the 104 puzzles.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty06/05/14, 09:56 am

andyman949 wrote:
I was just coming on here to shout praises about Tappingo, it's brilliant! For the tin price of £2 there is no reason not to pick it up. I got so hooked on it yesterday I've already completed about 80 out of the 104 puzzles.

Awe. If I'm awake enough when I get home tonight, I'll be e-picking that up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty07/05/14, 09:02 am

Okay, question for Jas: I'm currently playing the fireplace-extinguishing game in Cave Story.  Does the game get any better?  The lack of direction (what do I do with this lump of charcoal?) wouldn't be so bad, but for the combination of rapidly regenerating enemies and degrading weapons that make it a pain to even enter another door.  And that's without mentioning the insta-kill spikes, that mean you have to enter doors to save at almost every opportunity, in case you muck up.

Basically, I'm not having much fun at the moment, and I want to know whether I'll start to have fun with the game in the near future. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty07/05/14, 05:20 pm

oh dear  Neutral 

Its not really a game that tells you what do a whole lot you're piecing the story together much like a metroid game mostly but try not to spam past the text when characters are talking as they usually make things clear as for the charcoal you need jelly fish juice to put out a fireplace in a house.

I've not played it in a while so its tough to tell where you are exactly & its a game that clicked with me instantly so I can't say if you will end up having fun or not as I had none of issues you're having. (apart from the insta-kill spikes)
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty09/05/14, 01:47 am

I beat Cave Story and don't remember it being that hard (and I am prone to Game Rage). Maybe you're hideously drunk, Balla - or A Terrible Gamer. Or maybe I am wearing rose tinted glasses.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty09/05/14, 03:44 am

I don't remember Cave Story being massively difficult either, aside from the time I attempted the super tough optional secret final area and got wrecked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty09/05/14, 08:35 am

Hey hey hey! I beat all of DKCTF's temples, thank you very much! DAMN YOU! It's not that it's hard: it's just that it's not much fun, shooting up the same jellyfish/ghosts/hovering things for the umpteenth time because you don't know what you're supposed to do with this charcoal. I might look that one up in a guide...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty09/05/14, 10:56 pm

I gave you decent hint about that though, also I found the most fun parts of the game to be the boss fights.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty12/05/14, 10:51 pm

This Week, Sorry I Missed Last Week

3DS eShop
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars £31.99

3DS Retail Download
Kirby: Triple Deluxe £34.99
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty13/05/14, 09:02 am

Balladeer wrote:
Hey hey hey!  I beat all of DKCTF's temples, thank you very much! :damnyou:It's not that it's hard: it's just that it's not much fun, shooting up the same jellyfish/ghosts/hovering things for the umpteenth time because you don't know what you're supposed to do with this charcoal.  I might look that one up in a guide...

You are quite early on still - the game is at its best when you have an arsenal of increasingly powerful weapons at your disposal.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty13/05/14, 09:46 am

I have actually progressed beyond there now, which is good! I missed talking to the robot head, which had me wandering around stuck. Duh!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty13/05/14, 10:55 am

Ah, superb! Is the game improving in your estimation?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty13/05/14, 10:57 am

I do like the bosses, as Jas said above. I think I need to get a bit further in before I can say for sure whether it's improving in my estimation, though. All the problems I mentioned above are still problems, but hopefully they won't affect me as much.

And I like the machine-gun. Grin 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty13/05/14, 11:07 am

Ye can't beat a machine gun that doubles as a jet pack. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty13/05/14, 12:06 pm

Fun fact - using that gun as a jetpack was the first screenshot I ever took on Steam. Ignore the easy mode hat, I was achievement whoring and the difficulty achievements don't stack.

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 78346A1A507291B5A46B88A8C06D059A189AEF36
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty19/05/14, 02:07 pm

Picross e4 out this week.  Contains more Mega Picross, which I know ZJ will be happy about. Winky Face That aside, another bundle of cheap and cheerful puzzles. Very much the eShop's CoD or something else that repeats indefinitely without changing much, but I love Picross enough for that not to even matter.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty19/05/14, 02:16 pm

I need to get around to getting the eShop Picroseseseseseseses.

*is beaten around the head by backlog*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty19/05/14, 02:25 pm

My backlog is now K3D, Bike Rider DX, Cave Story, and soon e4. I'm in a similar situation on the Wii U. "No games" my foot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)
Page 17 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next