We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 9:56

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 16:39

Finally picked up my Japanese GameCube, put in Sunshine and dam that looks gorgeous but didn't play much of it.

I did however put in Biohazard 4 and played up to the village, I would have played more if I had a spare memory card or like 6hrs to play it in one sitting as dam even from just that little bit, what a game it is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 20:55

Played some RIDGE RACER! and Cappa is right even after 13 years it looks great, that it makes me more excited to try likes of Outrun on PSP to see how that pushed the hardware.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 10:29

I'm finally doing it! With Zelda well out of the way and Bloodborne needing a bright game to go with it, I've finally jumped into one of my Wii VC RPGs that I ported to the WiiU and didn't play before the Switch came out. I've started Secret of Mana. I know that collection might head to Gaijin-land, but I can' wait on that, really - I'll never get it played.
I'm only 30 minutes in, which is basically to the town. It's cute and mid-90s-Japanese so far, and I think I get what the attacking is doing. There's an option in the menu screen about a 4x4 grid which scares that absolute shit out of me though.

EDIT rather than DoPo: I've now got The Girl One in my team. I really love the towns (you can't beat a 16-bit old-skool village). Not sure I'm getting the hang of combat though. I appreciate it's a hybird of turn-based and action (you're probably all pointing out that this is how modern JRPGs work anyway) but it feels like having a sword fight in golden syrup at the moment. And what's with the needing to be so close to the edge of the screen to scroll it? I wanna keep going though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 18:07

I'm also sort of playing Secret of Mana as well but mines called Seiken Densetsu 2 and I'm playing on the Switch.

I've mainly been fiddling with the collection and figuring out what does what as it's in Japanese but not very text heavy game also I could watch a guide if I get stuck, that I should be able to process.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 23:36

Aye, I knew the game was out on the Switch, but I decided to go for the version I could read.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 0:05

Just to burst your Mana/Densetsu-y bubble, I'm going to announce that I've restarted Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Ahem.

I've restarted Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Thumbs Up! Winky Face Cool #Bantz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 14:01

Not waiting for the 3DS Deluxe version then, Zero?

@Jimbob yeah I don't how much I will play it but I've said before I've always wanted to buy & play import games but never had a system that really clicked with it or been like the 3DS region-locked, but already with the Switch I've got 1 Japanese retail game with another on the way in August, 2 American Retail games plus I downloaded NBA from USA eShop and Vaccine from the Japanese one.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 16:12

No, sir - I can save me a bunch of cash if I sit down and belt through the original through the VC. Thumbs Up! The Bowser's Minions thing has not been enough to persuade me to do otherwise... although I am really looking forward to ditching Metroid II in favour of that there Metroid: Samus Returns. Go figure. Eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 16 Jul 2017 - 14:36

Picked up a pretty great condition Black Wii with a Motion+ Wiimote and played some one of my three Wii games I own, Link's Crossbow Training.

Did anyone ever think that was a good game? I don't know if I will pick up any more Wii games now to go with the three Zeldas but it's nice to have one in black alongside my Wii U and Switch that are black, shame about my PAL RE4 Cube being Silver with black trim and JPN Cube being Purple, only if their was another region.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySat 26 Aug 2017 - 11:03

As I preordered Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, I got a code for Jak and Daxter PS2 Classic.

I started the game last night for the very first time and I was only planning to play for 5 or 10 mins before bed and I ended up playing for almost 2hrs and got to part just after where you power the speeder.

I'm yet to miss any power cells but have missed 10 orbs in two of the zones which is a little annoying but I'm enjoying it and I think the game holds up really well (camera is a bit dodgy) especially I've got no nostalgia for it
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 9:24

Yeah, I got me that too - a nice surprise! I would never have bought Jak and Daxter, as I assume I'm going to get lynched in the middle of the night, by the Nintendo console platform adventure mascots I claimed loyalty to (Or fealty). Given that I'm still waiting for Yooka-Laylee to arrive on Switch, and knowing that it's slightly bobbins, I'm well up for playing this now - I couldn't put it down either mas! Got to pick up all of the collectables - even if the game is at peak "arbitrary 17 types of floating shape with stupid alien names".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 12:28

I was reading somewhere, why isn't this talked about more and only reason someone could come up with is that isn't on a Nintendo system and it wasn't popular like Crash or Spyro on PS1 which was during the era of 3D Platformers as well.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptyTue 12 Sep 2017 - 12:48

I am currently further on in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga than I ever have been before. I am loving the chunky GBA graphics on the GamePad and the bizarreness that always follows any appearance from Fawful, but it is a bit limited. Still, in it to win it now (although that situation may change following the release of Metroid: Samus Returns).
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 23:53

Still working my way through Secret of Mana. I'm right near the end of the game; however, I need to grind to grab a load of money and buy the fanciest armour. I've been suicide-running the last few bosses, so I suspect I'm under-levelled and under-funded. I also realised I hadn't set my companions' tactics for about 30 hours. This is only a bit of a JRPG, and I'm bad at it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 15:05

As I was testing my Elagto which seemingly died yesterday but for some reason retro connection works still but HDMI doesn't, I played some Super Mario Sunshine don't know why that game Winky Face

I want to say Balla might be right about the controls (checkout his sig about it) as the camera is all over the place and the bigger issue I had is FLUDD aiming is inverted and I don't think you can change it.

I can play both ways but I would prefer normal, the game itself still looks lovely and does play well still from the first 15mins.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 18:10

Played an hour of KOTOR last night and it looks good due to the fantastic emulation from the backwards compatible team at Xbox but it plays like a game from 15 years ago.

It's mainly QoL things that modern games have but it makes it hard to go back to due to the combat which is urghh, I died a few times because of it.

I know you're are either going to say grind which you can't really do in a game like this as it's all the about the story, that enemies are only where they need to be.

The other option is to git gud but shooting is random with essentially a dice roll with better weapons having more of a chance to hit and the same for the enemy which is fine but you can't dodge or anything.

I reckon if I played it enough then I would get used to it again but would very much like a remake with Mass Effect combat.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 11:11

Can someone else also play some retro games, please Sad

I had a go on 3 yesterday first was Tekken 3 as I wanted to try both controllers with the PS2. Tekken 3 is from 1998, it still looks decent and plays like a dream, if we were ever to do best fighters this would have to be near the top.

Then I played a PS2 game, I've never played Drakengard which I only really know about because of Nier. It is the greyest thing I've ever seen and the combat in the opening mission felt like it was grey as well, I want to say the aerial combat will be great but I doubt I'll see that as I didn't want to play much more of it.

Last up was Star Fox Assualt which was more fun in the first two missions then all of Star Fox Zero and might be game that could be looked back now as better then it was when it released also it's from Namco, wonder if they could work on any other Nintendo series maybe one for Switch Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 15:53

Does Shadow of the colossus count? Because it it plays like a ps2 game. Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 16:41

I reckon that we’re all too busy grappling with our Switch backlogs to go further back in time. I’m trying to manoeuvre some time to get back to Superstar Saga on the Wii U VC but I’m not hopeful in the short term.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 17:34

The_Jaster wrote:

It really doesn't and it's about the art over function.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 18:22

Last retro game I played was Superstar Saga, in fact, on the 3DS. Because it was a remaster.

I'm glad that most other people seem to be recognising what I've known all along, that old games are old and dull. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 19:36

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

It really doesn't and it's about the art over function.

I am only having a wee wind up, anyhow the great thing about games is they dont have to sacrifice one of those to gain the other. For example I could say games like Bloodborne and OoT are works of art but both also function very well mechanically.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 19:46

Sure they're but the controls and how SotC plays is on purpose as it's meant to make you feel like you're tackling a Colossi, like I said to Athrun if it controlled / played like an Uncharted or any other 3rd person adventure game then it would lose what it is.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 21:03

I started playing Soul Reaver 2 on PS2 but found the combat to be so poor that I'm not sure I'll continue. A shame, as I have fond memories of the original on the Dreamcast.

Have been playing Uncharted 2 on PS4, and it's as excellent as I'd heard. The thing is, I'm going through a spell where I can't be bothered to sit at a TV and play a console game, so looking at handheld alternatives for the rest of 2018. A PSP is mighty tempting at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 13 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next