We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 21:54

Anyone who doesn't like Excite Truck is a Tory voter and wants Brexit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 22:01

Didn't say I didn't like it but just not my thing a more arcade racer, likes of Mario Kart is about my limited for that sort of game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 11:03

It's not for everyone, but: Little King's Story. That's go-to Wii Cred suggestion.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 11:07

I was thinking that but it has a port on the VITA
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 10:03

The Vita one's a bit of a bodge I believe - they went with a different "angle", which I don't approve of!
(The original's also on Steam mind)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 13:49

You forget Jim, everything is better on VITA.

Anyway so far I've played

Wii Sports, still holds up well and could still see me playing it local multiplayer with some more casual gaming friends.

Zack and Wiki, done the first stage and it still looks good but I do feel I'm pointing at stuff and wiimote hasn't quite got what I'm pointing at.

Madworld, I can see what Platinum were trying to do but the lack of a second stick is hard going and this might be a surprise but I don't think it holds up in the looks department.

Was going to play more but Mortal Kombat 11 has arrived.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 22:09

Double Post as even though I've had Days Gone since Thursday which I could have started but I played some more Wii today

I've added to my collection as I bought

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex Edition, which still works online as it along with a handful of games didn't use GameSpy (that was the servers name?) and COD is live & kicking. I played about 4 games fine, just took me a while to get used to the controls (near impossible with the zapper methinks) and the game has about three colours light grey, grey and dark grey making really hard to see an enemy at some distance. Does make me want to check out Black Ops and MW3 to see if they hold up any better from a graphical standpoint and to see if anyone is playing those.

Then from what I already had

Nights, the cutscenes look good still and so does nights when playing but the little girl is super scary looking. Thing is it just makes me want to play Nights on the Saturn.

Trauma Center, the anime cutscenes me it hasn't really aged and it's a great fit for the Wiimote but I do think that the DS versions of the series with a stylus might be even better. Really enjoyed all of episode 1 and I might come back to this soonish.

Ghost Squad, this might upset Cappa (I think he's a fan or it might be gJones) as I don't think this is very good on Wii which might seem a bit daft but being able just to continue and not being able to post high scores on the net anymore, sort feels like it's missing the point. As in the arcade, it was about how far could you get with your £1 and getting your name on the board. I'll do the other two missions and finish what you would call a story then I'll be done.

Super Mario Galaxy, you all know I like me some high resolutions and the likes of COD on Wii shows that we need some games in 4K but this looks phenomenal still and Nintendo would have to do almost nothing with an HD port to Switch, they could even get away with just a VC release as it would look better on the Switches screen than my 49" screen as it is. My issue was always the controls and to be honest, even though I'm only on the first save point they seem fine enough so far.

Last thing before I started all these games (still got 7 to take for a spin) I looked up review scores and how long some would take to finish. Anyway, Bomberman Land Wii seems to be utter pants from what I can find yet it's worth about £20 (would explain the price of the bundle) that I've decided to put it on eBay and reinvest the money which I may have already done as I won an auction for Super Mario Galaxy 2 for £6.72.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 9:32

masofdas wrote:
My issue was always the controls and to be honest, even though I'm only on the first save point they seem fine enough so far.

I'm very excited for this redemption arc storyline.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 10:13

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams isn't a bad game, and it's got some truly outstanding moments that are well worth experiencing. Some of the design and most of the controls let it down though. You're probably right to just play that first one to be fair.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 17:10

Speak of Wii has the ol’ retro glands swelling up. Ghost Squad is awesome, essentially a Virtua Cop game with lots of unlockable content. SMG2 is probably the greatest game ever so it’s good to see you giving it another go.

On a related note, I sold my PS4 at the weekend as I was primarily using it just to view YouTube or Netflix, and I have a 360 to do that. The thing is, I'm torn between the following (as I'm operating on a small budget):

Picking up a PS2 slim and discovering the shorter, arcade titles that are on the system.
Revisiting the 360's early years (ie. PGR3, Full Auto, Amped 3 etc.)
Grabbing a DSi XL

I'd like to go back 10 years to the 360 material, but my mate gave me his original white 360 and I fear it will red-ring on me at some point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 17:46

The 360 even if yours red rings, is likely cheaper to get than a PS2 plus you'd have the added benefit of online if you want some competitive action.

Plus games are cheap but do some times fluctuate due backwards compatible with Xbox One, that might also be a benefit if you ever get a newer system you could still play your games on the Xbox platform.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 20:50

masofdas wrote:
The 360 even if yours red rings, is likely cheaper to get than a PS2 plus you'd have the added benefit of online if you want some competitive action.

Plus games are cheap but do some times fluctuate due backwards compatible with Xbox One, that might also be a benefit if you ever get a newer system you could still play your games on the Xbox platform.

Very good points. Game Pass does sound tempting in the future, but the crazy amount of games on 360 that are £1 each will keep me going Smile And I think the greatest game of all time (Outrun 2) is compatible on 360.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 21:35

I still don't know whether this chat goes here or in the Switch bit but: is anyone still working through the NES games? I'm trying to do Solomon's Key at the moment. As a kids, I'd probably be on this for hours; however, by 2019 sensibilities have left me using the save state at the start of each new level. I'm enjoying it, but there's an implication that there are good and bad endings, depending on whether you do some random "how was I supposed to know that" bullshit.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 22:02

I don't really work through those NES games, I'll just stick a few of them on for a quick blast from time to time. I beat Double Dragon II shortly after it was added though, good game.

2019 sensibilities have me wishing for a rewind button, like in the Mega Drive Classics compilation. I know that would make the games piss-easy, but I'd not be as likely to go back to the game selection screen as soon as I lose a life.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:39

I've not touched the NES games for a bit now but I'd add that Solomon's Key is a banger.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:54

Double Dragon II is one I definitely want to play through again at some point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2019 - 20:33

Started playing some more Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.

Going from Three Houses to it, you can really see the quality of life improvements and progression.

As it really does feel like a mid 2000s RPG and just so slow to get going, even more so than the one I started on WiiU VC from the GBA (now thinking I should have continued that one on) whenever that got released on WiiU.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 12:38

Ooh I downloaded Path of Radiance on emulator so I'll give that a bash. You have the Gamecube version? Can't believe how expensive it is now.

I've been playing Burnout Revenge on 360. It is unfairly maligned by some, as it added in "Traffic Checking", so if you crash in to the back of a vehicle, you don't crash as such, but ram them off the road. This does make the game a lot easier, but also means the racing is far more aggressive. As with any Burnout game, it's incredibly satisfying to play and the only noticeable downside is that the game is a little lifeless. It always has been - you can't see humans at all in the game, but I don't think you could in Paradise either. I think if they did release a new Burnout in 2019, it would need some sort of avatar or character to add a bit of life to things.

Also been playing a bit of Toadstool Tour, my word this game has not aged at all. Top 5 Gamecube game stuck on the system.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 12:58

Yeah I've got on GameCube.

We did get Dangerous Driving this year from guys behind Burnout.

Yep I would think thing's like Toadstool wouldn't age. Thinking about it after Fire Emblem, I've played Luigi's Mansion and Twin Snakes this year.

Sure Twin Snakes you can tell is old but I'd reckon you'd get away of just releasing Luigi's Mansion again, wait Nintendo did on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 17:01

I'd say most if not all of the Mario Sports games on gamecube are still fun as hell!

I'd love them all to come back on Switch 😁
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 11:52

When was the last Golf game on a console, Wii? and wasn't that a port?

I'd still like to play the baseball game but it's dam expensive (yes I would buy it if I saw it in a game shop) and not also that it would hold up like a lot of the GameCube games which are from Nintendo with a few others in the mix.

I'm now playing Persona 3 FES which seems like it might be rather good from the 3hrs or so I've played, now I didn't want another long game after FETH but this might stick with me and as I've got the PS3 plugged in then I may have a mess around with some other games as fancy playing ICO.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 17:24

There's no Mario Golf game on Wii, Wii U or Switch. That said, We Love Golf! on Wii might as well be a Mario Golf game. As it's developed by Camelot and as it was released just four years after their last Mario Golf, it's got a very similar feel to Toadstool Tour. Swap out Nintendo characters for Capcom characters, add some good motion controls, and that's what you've basically got.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 12:52

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
There's no Mario Golf game on Wii, Wii U or Switch. That said, We Love Golf! on Wii might as well be a Mario Golf game. As it's developed by Camelot and as it was released just four years after their last Mario Golf, it's got a very similar feel to Toadstool Tour. Swap out Nintendo characters for Capcom characters, add some good motion controls, and that's what you've basically got.

I need to check this out. Everybody's Golf is probably my favourite PS4 game and that had that cartoony Mario Golf quality to it.

I'm not sure why they don't release many Mario Golfs, it doesn't seem like a particularly lengthy game to build.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2019 - 12:26

After three years, I've loaded up my Super Mario Galaxy save. 64 stars. So plenty of work yet to be done, although I spent an hour last night on one of the dreaded "Collect 100 purple coins" stages where the platforms beneath you disappear or begin rotating. What a nightmare. Yet, despite dying constantly at the 95-coin mark, it was immense fun! I forgot how joyous Mario Galaxy is (OK, that's a lie) but I'm determined to try and complete it fully.

Did anyone here 100% Galaxy?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2019 - 16:47

I never did, and it's a bit of a gaming regret for me. But then, I'm hesitant to ever go back to it: I wouldn't want anything to spoil (or even risk spoiling) those magical memories I made with it in late 2007.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next