We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Go down 
+6
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Admin
ZeroJones
masofdas
The_Jaster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:03

Words from Joystiq

Quote :
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will be the 3DS and Vita companion to the console release, launching the same day. Developed by Armature Studio, the game is a 2.5D Metroidvania-style action game. Armature was founded by leads from the Metroid Prime series. When this game is released, it will be Armature's first original game. Just today, Armature's work on a cancelled Mega Man X FPS was revealed.

This all sounds great to me & by doing a little more digging those Metroid prime developers were actually the design/art directors & the principle technology engineer for the entire Prime Trilogy.

So yup I'm pretty excited about this one, is anyone else?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:17

Will give it a bash.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:55

Yes, yes, YES! In on the ground floor on day one. More Batman is decidedly the way forward.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 21:18

No idea why, but I'm interested in this.

On another note: how come Rocksteady aren't developing the Wii U version of Arkham City Origins (if I've been correctly informed)?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 21:21

rocksteady arnt doing any off them, which I don't if it's a good or a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 21:31

I wonder why? From general reception, they seemed to do an amazing job with the other games in the series.

I'm slightly less interested now, though the pedigree of the 3DS version shows promise.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 1:43

I just think Rocksteady are moving on to other projects, WB Montreal done a great job with the wii U port of arkham city & not to mention they have brought in a good choice of creative director (Eric Holmes) who worked on Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype.

So from that I'd say all version are in safe hands.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 9:04

I was also wondering if they were rushing out another one, kind of Assassin's Creed style. I'm currently more interested in how the handheld one is going to play out, bring on the bats!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 9:47

I'm a little uncomfortable about this to be honest. Both the portable version and the fact that Rocksteady aren't doing either versions. There are two greats when it comes to licensed games, great for being a licensed game and great in general. The original two Batman games both garnered critical acliam and are considered some of the best games to come out this generation full stop, whereas I don't think these guys have that sort of experience under their belt. I just can't help but feeling these won't match the Arkham duo.

I hope I'm wrong though and these games end up close to the quality of their predecessors. I'm not a fan of Batman however Arkham Asylum was an absolute blast and I've no doubt City is as well so it would be nice to add another game or two to the list of very fun Batman games.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 9:48

I'm going to wait and see, the idea of the new Batman game excites me but I'm iffy about it at the same time
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 10:05

I wonder what rocksteady is working own, as i thouight they were doing the prequal about the joker and why he was in arkham. And was also going to have superman etc in it, to help batman put joker away but now this prequal is coming instead it look like.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 20:08

I understand some peoples concerns but I personally don't see how it could be messed up.

Here's a dev trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0geMX4nWA
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 10:23

That video does alleviate some of my concerns, and I am more positive about it now, but I'll still wait and see. The premise is sounding like a lot of fun though.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:55

I've never played a Batman game, but I'd probably buy the Vita version if the game's any good.
Back to top Go down
ScottGamer17
Tingle's Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 21:04

Really looking forward to getting the console game for my Xbox 360 and the handheld one for my 3DS. I'm getting both because I've heard that they're set a year apart from each other, story-wise. I'm actually more excited about Blackgate than the console game, but I still can't wait to play both. So yeah, two Batman games in one year! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 8:25

I loved city, so I'll almost definitely bed picking up the Wii u one, unless it end up being absolute bum. As for the 3DS one, I suspect I'll grab it, unless there's to much else out around then. The only "metroidvania" games I've ever really enjoyed have been metroid.

masofdas wrote:
I wonder what rocksteady is working own, as i thouight they were doing the prequal about the joker ... and was also going to have superman etc in it

Actually, you know what would be amazing? An Arkham City style game, but where for whatever reason, Batman has to actually take out the other DC superheroes. I love seeing Batman use his cunning to take down more powerful heroes, and they've pretty much used up his Rogue's Gallery in the first two, so who else are they going to use as bosses?

Writing that paragraph just made my mind up on buying Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Empty

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Page 1 of 1