We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yoshi's New Island

Go down 
+16
Axis1500
Treesmurf
nupkin
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
Admin
NintenDUCK
Sentinator
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 15:54

Yep

Announced just now during Nintendo Direct. Can't be worse than Yoshi's Universal Gravitation or Yoshi's Island 2. Personally, though, I'm not sold on the graphics yet. It doesn't quite have the crayon drawing charm of the SNES game. It looks like a Yoshi's Island-themed level in some larger game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 15:59

Couldn't care much less about it, I've never got on with the Yoshi games. The Yarn one I'll give a shot though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:06

to me yoshi isalnd on the snes is the best mario platformer (its called super mario world 2 yoshi island, so its a mario game) and also liked story which this looks like on N64. So more then happy to get it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:12

I'm not chomping at the bit, but I've no doubt the missus will be so I'll borrow it from her when she's done. As John Connor would say; "eeeeasyyyy money"
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:30

Like the look of this but like buska said something just isn't right about the art style. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:44

Put your fears to rest: Artoon became defunct back in 2010.

That art style doesn't thrill me either, but I'm sure the game will be the business.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 19:03

Definitely most excited for this one. Yoshi deserves more time under the spot light. I prefer the art of the Wii U game though.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:12

I must confess I am in love with yoshi, so I will buy this, along with yarn and perhaps a plushie Grin
Also it looks pretty and he can lay giant eggs as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:41

The art style looks like a GBA game that's been hurriedly ported to DS. After the massive disappointment that was its numerical sequel, I'll be holding out for some reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:59

Yeah, as long as it helps to erase the memory of Yoshi's Island DS, it'll be fine. I'm a bit worried about the 'new actions' that Nintendo Life have mentioned, in passing - the skill set in the original game was pretty good, I thought...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:02

I'm guessing you'll have to constantly scream into the 3DS mic to run forwards*.

*Scarily, blowing into the mic to turbo-start has already been done in Diddy Kong Racing DS.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 0:30

I'm actually not sure what to think of the graphics on a few games that were announced and this is one of them but I do like the Yoshi's Island games so I will be getting this
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:21

Can I make a confession? I... didn't get on that well with the original Yoshi's Island. Finished the main game, but hated the egg-throwing, scoring system, and didn't finish the unlockable levels. I never got that far in Yoshi's Story, and YI2 was obviously rubbish. Which makes the only Yoshi game I've ever properly finished... Yoshi's Universal Gravitation.

Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this. Nintendo platformers = best platformers. Usually.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:38

Balladeer wrote:
Can I make a confession? I... didn't get on that well with the original Yoshi's Island. Finished the main game, but hated the egg-throwing, scoring system, and didn't finish the unlockable levels. I never got that far in Yoshi's Story, and YI2 was obviously rubbish. Which makes the only Yoshi game I've ever properly finished... Yoshi's Universal Gravitation.
I absolve thee of thy sins, brother Balla. As penance, you must purchase and complete Kirby Mass Attack and Wario Land: The Shake Dimension. Amen! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 8:41

Arceus bless you, father. But wasn't WL:tSD rated as mediocre?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:40

This was the sole disappointment of Nintendo Direct for me.

The art style looks dump in comparison to the hand-made sprite and pixel art Crayon backgrounds from the original, with sprites that remind me of GBA's Mario Vs DK in a bad way.

And what we've seen looks like we've got another (soulless) rearrangement of Yoshi Island to look forward to, a la Yoshi's Island DS. Yoshi's Island never needed a sequel in the first place, and I wish said sequels would expand or diverge into new types of gameplay, like with what Nintendo did in-house with Wario Land. The differences between each of the four portable Wario Land games (I don't count Susak's Master of Disguise as one!) were huge and exciting. Especially in the leap from GBC to GBA.

Phillips wrote:
Put your fears to rest: Artoon became defunct back in 2010.

That art style doesn't thrill me either, but I'm sure the game will be the business.

I think Artoon got dissolved into Marvelous AQL, along with AQ interactive and Feelplus. Marvelous AQL have developed such inspired sequels such as New Little King's Story and Super Monkey Ball Vita (the less said about Monkey Ball Vita the better). Functional, but not above the rest (not to be confused with Marvelous AQL as a publisher and their in-house development teams!)

But yes, as long as Marvelous AQL or Susak aren't developing it the game should still be decent, just a little uninspired from the looks of things.

Judging from those sprites, perhaps Nintendo Software Technology Corporation are developing this? Could be quite decent indeed if so!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 8:28

Balladeer wrote:
Arceus bless you, father. But wasn't WL:tSD rated as mediocre?
Yes. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 8:46

No
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 10:10

ZeroJones wrote:
Yeah, as long as it helps to erase the memory of Yoshi's Island DS, it'll be fine.

As long as I don't have to scour each level 20 times, with different characters and seasons and all that, I'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 10:25

sporkhead wrote:
The art style looks dump in comparison to the hand-made sprite and pixel art Crayon backgrounds from the original, with sprites that remind me of GBA's Mario Vs DK in a bad way.
Agreed with you on that one...the outlines of the characters almost look chalky. Yoshi and Baby Mario are very cute but it doesn't look like there's anything unique about this one that sets it apart from the previous games.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 1:37

Yep, it smacks of the prerendered style that Donkey Kong Country was crafted from. Shame, really, as while prerendered suits realistic visuals well I'd prefer some proper handmade sprites here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 18:00

This continues to not look all that great.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:09

Christ almighty. The DS would've been able to tackle those graphics.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 1:10

It turns out this is being developed by Arzest, which was formed by former Artoon members. Hope I didn't jinx that, though the original footage never filled me with hope.

And yes, those sprites are horrid -- prerendered just doesn't age well.

Remember this?

Yoshi's New Island Cast
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 3:17

What?!? It looks just like Zelda..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yoshi's New Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi's New Island   Yoshi's New Island Empty

Back to top Go down

Yoshi's New Island
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next