We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names

Go down 
+14
Rum
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Silver light
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:53

I downloaded the demo, cheerfully didn't really listen to anything and then wandered into a dungeon and almost died (I had to run away). I shall try and pay more attention on my next attempt.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:58

So it's hard from the off, then? I'm not sure whether that's good or not. If I die in the first ten minutes, I'll likely turn off in frustration and not pick up again.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 9:04

Rum Rapture wrote:
I downloaded the demo, cheerfully didn't really listen to anything and then wandered into a dungeon and almost died (I had to run away). I shall try and pay more attention on my next attempt.
I had the same problem on the overworld, one of the NPCs in the town you start off in mentions that it's 'easier' to wonder westward first, but one enemy inflicted 200+ damage with one move, wiping out a party member. I ran for the hills.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 18:25

Wow people weren't kidding about the enemies being rough. I took the first side quest I came across that was to have me killing those cat things for their pelts, so the battle starts all fine and everything. Then it starts using the wind spell and systematically one shots the entire party. Shocked  I'm going to guess the tactic for those things until I've got a few levels is to use that Bravely system to kill it quickly then tank the attacks from its fellow weak serpents, but still that was more brutal than I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 8:04

As long as you can select which enemies to hit (my 3DS SD card is too full to allow the demo, y'see), I'm happy. The lack of that simple ability was one of The 4 Heroes Of Light's worst features.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 14:12

ONM review.  You can vary the frequency of random encounters, you say, including turning them down to zero?  Sign me up!

(Strangely, Chandra seems to like the voice acting.  He's confused me right there.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 14:25

I never found a problem with the voice acting myself in the trailers. After I pick up my PS4 & Mario tomorrow I'm going to see if I have enough left to get the collectors edition of this, even if the figure seems a bit ropey.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 1:28

I'm now torn between this and the attack on titan game which are both out on the same day and if I am to pay off the PS4 anytime soon I can only get one
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 8:00

Obvious solution: get a PS4 later, when the good games start coming out. Razz 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 12:55

Yeah could do that
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:14

If it weren't for Etrian Odyssey IV I'd probably be picking this up at launch. I'd like to see more angles/reviews on it (not at all a criticism to ONM's reviews) before I decide though, as the demo didn't change my excitement for it...

...and I really want Band Bros. P.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:28

Cancelled my preorder for the 80 quid limited edition from Shopto. This is another one to add to the ten quid or less list.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptySat 30 Nov 2013 - 15:00

Nintendo Life's Review for Fronk

Conclusion

There’s much to be said in praise of Bravely Default, perhaps too much to fit into a single review. What must be relayed, however, is that Bravely Default stands as an absolute triumph of both game design and the reinvigoration of old concepts, claiming its rightful place as a giant in the JRPG genre that will surely be remembered as a classic in years to come. Any 3DS owner with even a fleeting interest in role-playing games and a desire to get lost in an incredible, engaging adventure would be doing themselves a huge favour by picking up Bravely Default without delay.

9/10

Also there's 4 reviews on Meta Critic (doesn't include NL but does include ONM) with a average of 92 that's 01 more then link between world's.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 1:41

This game is clearly for me and I must have it as soon as possible. It looks to have everything I love in a JRPG. I think I will order a copy from the UK very soon.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 10:26

Okay then, I downloaded the demo and gave it a try. It is remarkable. So remarkable that I have played 9 hours of it over two days. It is grinding heaven. Yes, I got my arse served to me early in the game, especially in the west cave (that last all of 10 seconds), but after a little grinding and some weapons/armour, I was all set. I have fully implemented 3 jobs for each of them and nearly finished a fourth. The Brave?Default battle system is excellent and it looks terrific, especially the 3D. The music is brilliant as well. This looks very much like being my favourite 3DS game yet. I certainly will be ordering it. I hope transferring my save of the demo works, after 9 hours of it Smile 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:07

Blimey, nine hours on a demo? I'm guessing this is gonna be a long game, then? I've plonked this on my Christmas list, showing great restraint, I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:58

Buskalilly wrote:
Blimey, nine hours on a demo? I'm guessing this is gonna be a long game, then? I've plonked this on my Christmas list, showing great restraint, I think.
Blimey indeed. If someone said to me that I would play 9 hours of a game demo, I would have called them nuts. It is very limited in what you do; small map, couple of caves, one town, but what it does is just so awesome. I will be disappointed if I can't transfer the save file, but not gutted, as I just enjoyed what I did so much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 14:27

Did the demo. have voice acting? Did you turn it to Japanese straight away, or did you let the beautiful American voices massage your ears for a while first?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 14:38

Balladeer wrote:
Did the demo. have voice acting?  Did you turn it to Japanese straight away, or did you let the beautiful American voices massage your ears for a while first?
I don't recall any voice acting at all. Unless I am missing something.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 17:50

You can transfer over and the proper sequel has a launch date in japan.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 17:54

A sequel is hopefully good news, but I'd like to play this one first!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 18:35

Also I've sold on eBay FIFA 14 on PS4 and a few unplayed 3DS games sorry any mario & team bros fans.

I was going to put money towards a VITA but I forgot this was actually coming out Friday as I couldn't afford it but now I can I've bought the Collector's Edition of this over a VITA (going to get one after payday, more I want on it then a xbox one at the moment).

And let's have a launch trailer of Bravely Default which is out Friday.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 20:29

Update Fronk and Kezz talked me out of getting the collector's edition as the figure seems like crap and over priced. So now waiting for a refund from ShopTo.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 1:23

The sequel is out today in Japan or meant to be
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 11:23

That's for the Sequel that's just come out in Japan not the actual sequel though as that only just got announced which is called Bravely Second.

For The Sequel is the version were getting in the West this week as well but ours is just called Default.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next