We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ace Attorney 5

Go down 
+14
The_Jaster
beemoh
Rum
masofdas
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
shanks
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 14:09

I agree, mostly due to the yokai/wrestling theme and charm shenanigans (notice how it flaps when Apollo's speaking! A nice touch). The best case in the game, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:10

The best case of the game? What do I have to look forward to now? Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:13

...lots of blood?

Honestly, if you didn't like number 2, I don't think the game as a whole will do it for you. I found case 3 not as good, and 4/5 disappointing.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 21:28

I too have only played case 1. I actually quite enjoyed it (except for the one poorly explained puzzle with the writing), but like others something doesn't feel quite right.

I think the writing's as good as it's always been (or the localisation is as good as it's always been), as Ace Attorney Investigations was also a Takumi-less AA game that I quite enjoyed, but I must say I really miss the MIDI music. It just doesn't sound as right with the music not being 'gamey' anymore (I thought Ghost Trick was the most gamey sounding out of all the games, even if it isn't AA), and I find it quite hard to concentrate on reading the words over loud orchestrated sounding music.

Still sounds good and all that (though I'm not a huge fan of how they've reused an objection theme rather than create a new one), but I really miss the old style of music and some of the sound effects, a thing of the time of course.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 15:42

I, on the other hand, feel that if they're going to update any Objection theme, it should be the original one, with the rising fourths/fifths at the beginning. And they should update the original Cornered, too. Don't get me wrong, I like new music, but I really really want those two to get updates. And not with rubbish MIDI instruments - what the heck is going on at the beginning of Great Revival 2013?

And I know I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but... I went back over Ghost Trick's soundtrack recently, to see if I could use it for a music week. I found one stand-out song. It's got nothing on the PW games, any of them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 23:41

Finished up the third case earlier today. With its theme of friendship and character who looked like Mark Evans from the Inazuma Eleven franchise, it raised a smile, but little more. Most of the twists were easy to guess. If I end up agreeing with Balla on the final two cases, it might have to be labelled 'disappointing' overall... though there have been some nice touches. Haaaaaaaaaaaaangh.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 1:50

Don't worry, we could be getting extra case DLC in the Direct Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 7:44

Ooh I hope so. I want to defend a killer whale!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 8:29

But the whale is already a killer. Oh, wait, I see. Duh!

~~~

Case 4 has an interesting structure, from what I've played of it so far. I am, though, getting to the stage where I just want to finish it off - that hasn't happened with an Ace Attorney game since Investigations (the last case being almost interminable).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 15:54

Yes, Quercus Alba certainly took his sweet time.

In other news, huzzah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 18:12

THE DLC IS OUT.  This is not a drill.  Anyone else picking this up?

EDIT: ZJ, this might rub you the right way.  It's a lot more light-hearted.  Although having finished the game, having a certain someone prancing around butter wouldn't melt in their mouth feels a bit weird...

And... And did they just make a Sharknado reference?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 21:13

Once November ends, I will be there with bells on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 18:08

I'm sure it was utterly unintentional, but has anybody else noticed how much the coins weigh? Laughing

EDIT: Well that was good fun. Didn't expect the culprit, either.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:14

I'm quite disappointed with this game, having been trudging through case 2 for weeks now. It feels so disjointed. I don't care about the defendant because you barely spend any time with him or knowing his situation, there was only one weak investigation section which gave me backstory to the environments, and the evidence was really muddled.

I've been told the game gets a lot better in cases four and five, but so far I'm disappointed, especially after case 1 got a lot right. For me it feels like an imitation of the real game, as good as the presentation is.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 3:07

I've been rather slow with this as I'm not liking having to do the second case again which seems to drag on a bit, but that could just be me
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 22:02

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444618/blog/bad-grammar-abounds-in-phoenix-wright-dual-destinies/
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 6:21

OBJOCKTION!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 9:33

Turns out the translator was [REDACTED FORUMITE'S NAME]. Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 10:07

I don't think even my grammar or spelling is that bad.
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 15:53

IT'S WORSE!!  Wave 
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 20:07

I deleted this game off my 3DS a couple of weeks ago, if only because I don't feel proud to have it sitting on my 3DS's home screen. It's really disappointed me.

Case 3 started off a bit better than I expected, but overall it ended up taking the game in a (silly) direction which is its main plot of the Dark Age of the Law, which completely disregards the events at the end of Apollo Justice, but overall just feels forced and relies on a few conveniences to work.

Much like case 3 itself, where the motive of Junie is never, ever questioned, because she would never have a motive in the first place to do what she did, and it is simply convenient to leave it out.

A Takumi-less Ace Attorney seems to have been a disaster for the writing and script at parts. It's fine during the investigations, but overall it's far too dark, lacking the humour the previous games would intertwine with the script to liven things up. I found some of the humour to be at odds with the series' tone, and case 3 continued the flaws of the previous case in that it's too linear, too easy and just not satisfying to play through.

Ace Attorney 5 is probably my disappointment of 2013, and I have no excitement for Ace Attorney 6. Roll on the new Takumi title, I say!

Meanwhile I'm playing Danganronpa, which is a far more enjoyable experience, feeling fresh and having an incredibly entertaining script. Pupupu...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 20:41

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion.  I'll agree that it wasn't as good as some (most) of the others, but I think you're being too harsh on it overall.  Then again, you were the same about Default at one point, I seem to recall...

That said, to criticise AA5 for being "too dark" and then to say you're loving Danganronpa in the next breath... Suspect
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 5:41

I'm still at it to an extent with only just getting up to case 4 the other day
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 8:19

The DLC case redeems it somewhat, I feel, but it still falls short of the standards set by previous games in the series. The reason I'll be deleting it before too long is that it takes up so much space!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2014 - 10:32

That's a shame about the DLC case. What is strange is Investigations turned out well despite it having no involvement from Takumi. Perhaps it being a spin-off liberated the team a bit.

Balladeer wrote:
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion.  I'll agree that it wasn't as good as some (most) of the others, but I think you're being too harsh on it overall.  Then again, you were the same about Default at one point, I seem to recall...

That said, to criticise AA5 for being "too dark" and then to say you're loving Danganronpa in the next breath... Suspect

It's all about expectations. Danganronpa is in a similar genre, but a big part of what makes Ace Attorney aside from the core mechanics what it is its script and writing, which were way off in Dual Destinies.

Admittedly, as Takumi mentioned himself, while he was wondering about the direction they took for AA5, having someone else take the helm opens up new story possibilities. It's just a shame they feel so at odds with the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney 5   Ace Attorney 5 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ace Attorney 5
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next