We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos

Go down 
+10
A heron
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Treesmurf
Silver light
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos   Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 17:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yX4io2O4EI

Some interesting points for both sides of the argument
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos   Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May 2013, 04:46

That's an interesting video there, and the points were well made. I was actually more on Nintendo's side before watching that but now I have to agree that it would be better to just leave Lets Plays alone.

Well, except for the on-rails games that are made so much by major western developers, those I can definitely see being hurt by Lets Plays. But Nintendo make some of the "gameist" games on the market so if anything they have the least to lose.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos   Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May 2013, 11:02

After listening to that cast, I think Nintendo has shot itself in the foot, face, the left testicle and right up the arse. Yes, it's a bit of a grey area in places, but the fact of the matter is that lots of the best Let's Plays are the product of genuine passion for the product in display.

I suppose there is an argument for "If people love it so much, they should do it for free", but for regular people, being paid for their passion helps to push production values to a new level.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos   Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 05:53

It actually blew my mind that so many people made money from YouTube videos.

However, it is worth stating that it anyone doing so from Lets Plays went completely against YT's Terms Of Service.

Quote :

Whether you can use video game content for monetisation depends on the commercial-use rights granted to you by the licences of video game publishers. Some video game publishers may allow you to use all video game content for commercial use and state that in their licensing agreements. Videos simply showing game play for extended periods of time may not be accepted for monetisation.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2490020

Part of me wonders if Nintendo introduced this because they plan to add a PS4-like Video Sharing service to the Wii U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos   Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Advertising on Youtube Videos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2