Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*checks CVG's new layout*

Go down 
+4
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
Silver light
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

*checks CVG's new layout* Empty
PostSubject: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 12:56

Crikey, I'm glad we're not over there any more. What an ugly mess. Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 13:12

RIP NGamer forums
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 13:37

Eh, it's not so bad. A bit corporate, but less ad-infested than previously. The people are worse than the site.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 13:40

Balladeer wrote:
Eh, it's not so bad. A bit corporate, but less ad-infested than previously. The people are worse than the site.

Yeah, this. At least all the old threads are still there, though it's a bit unfortunate that the NGamer Forum has been swallowed up into one (un)great magazine thread.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 14:57

It seems really weird seeing all our old topics bundled into the new forum.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 17:27

The other day someone tried to tell me the CVG users weren't a bad bunch... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 17:55

The forumites are okay... mostly. It's the Article Comments bunch that get right up my nose.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 18:14

I think its definitely an improvement of the last attempt, it looks all sleek and modern and stuff. Now all they have to do is fix the forums and some of the people therein... Tongue
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 5:19

Balladeer wrote:
The forumites are okay... mostly. It's the Article Comments bunch that get right up my nose.

I take it the people who used to frequent the off topic part of the CVG forums have moved on then, I remember some of them being particularly mean. Anyway, now to take a look at this new forum.

Opinion on the new place is in. I'm sad to see the death of NGamer, I wasn't exactly active but it was one of my first internet forums so I have nostalgia for it. As for the new layout, it's snazzy and all but it doesn't make me any more interested in posting on CVG than I was. I was put off that place a few years back after a little bit of lurking there by the behavior of some users that probably don't actually still post, so I don't see the point trying to establish myself in a new place.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 8:34

Athrun888 wrote:
I take it the people who used to frequent the off topic part of the CVG forums have moved on then, I remember some of them being particularly mean.

I personally forced at least one mean person to leave when I was a mod. Very Happy The others are all right. Bit overtly Tory for my tastes, in that they make posts complaining about how liberal the country is (isn't that right, Doug?), and nothing on our community, natch.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 15:59

I actually think the new site design is very good -- on my phone it dynamically adapts between "mobile" and "desktop" views when using my phone either vertically or horizontally. Which should be the standard for all sites in the future.

Essentially it's all a single website, forums included, retaining all functionality between both views.

Was disappointed about the forum's structure dieing off. It's a bit of a mess in there now, but at least our old content still lives on, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *checks CVG's new layout*   *checks CVG's new layout* Empty

Back to top Go down

*checks CVG's new layout*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: