We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U news thread

Go down 
+25
SquidgyGoat
Solve My Maze
Fancy Fancy
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Cube
oldschool
Athrun888
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
Jimbob
Axis1500
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Sentinator
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Wii U news thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:17

In all fairness he has a point, those launch line ups do nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 7:38

They do nothing for me either, but speaking objectively and looking at the Wii U launch... Hmm.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 12:55

Nobody else making noise about Platinum?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/platinum-games-expresses-desire-for-wonderful-101-sequel

This would depend entirely on how much Nintendo care that their games flop. Lets face it, no publisher cares about using their talents or franchises and Nintendo could always use the extra man power. Realistically Mario and company can get them dosh back but will that be enough to consider a partnership? They could also get the rights to rejected ideas that never came about.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 14:10

Balladeer wrote:
They do nothing for me either, but speaking objectively and looking at the Wii U launch...  Hmm.
The Wii U launch was pretty damm good. *runs*
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 14:49

Nintendo will cut the Wii U trade price here in the UK by £30
Lego City Bundle incoming. (I hope the game will be boxed - if it isn't, that's most of the 32GB gone.)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/427078/nintendo-uk-cuts-wii-u-trade-price-lego-city-hardware-bundle-incoming/
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 18:20

treesmurf11 wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
They do nothing for me either, but speaking objectively and looking at the Wii U launch...  Hmm.
The Wii U launch was pretty damm good. *runs*
I completely agree so no need to run.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 18:38

Yup, I'm sure Jas could take me if it came to fisticuffs. Winky Face 

It's all objective, including me: I'm trying to see things from the point of view of a multi-console owner, who can play all the ports and had a Wii, and likes all good games rather than being closed-minded (if any such exist). I reckon he'd (your average such gamer is male) find Wii Sports > Nintendo Land and TP >> NSMBU, although I couldn't say for ZombiU. And he'd probably prefer the GC and N64 launches too, with their line-ups. That's without looking to the other "two pillars".

Fair? Unfair?
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 22:56

Balladeer wrote:

It's all objective, including me: I'm trying to see things from the point of view of a multi-console owner, who can play all the ports and had a Wii, and likes all good games rather than being closed-minded (if any such exist).  I reckon he'd (your average such gamer is male) find Wii Sports > Nintendo Land and TP >> NSMBU, although I couldn't say for ZombiU.  And he'd probably prefer the GC and N64 launches too, with their line-ups.  That's without looking to the other "two pillars".

Fair?  Unfair?  
I'd agree with ignoring the multiplats, but a lot of the same people that moaned "Why would I buy a WiiU to play this? I already have a console that can do that" are now trying to claim that games like Watch Dogs are reasons to own a 1-4.

As I said on CVG, if you ignore the multiplats, you're left with Knack and Ryse. "Meh" indeed.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 0:19

Zombi U made the wii U launch great for me, with its clever gamepad use/miiverse & asymmetric online integration, simply put the best survival horror game I've ever played.

I know its not everyone's cup of tea (especially yer average Nintendo fan) but it really is great work for a launch title, maybe even the best ever?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 8:07

SM64.  Your point is invalid.  (But I get your point: it's all subjective in the end.  I didn't play ZombiU because it's not my sort of game, so I don't know how good it is.)

Axis1500 wrote:
I'd agree with ignoring the multiplats, but a lot of the same people that moaned "Why would I buy a WiiU to play this? I already have a console that can do that" are now trying to claim that games like Watch Dogs are reasons to own a 1-4.

As I said on CVG, if you ignore the multiplats, you're left with Knack and Ryse. "Meh" indeed.
It seems to me, as it did last generation, that the perfect setup is one out of the PS4 and X1, and the Wii U.  Why people would buy both the Black Boxes o' Power and then complain about the Wii U's lack of games is as beyond me as it is you, given that once you have one, you are getting a piddly amount of extra titles if you buy the other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 12:44

Don't we all ready have a topic about launches. As you know I bought a Wii U day one with 7 games but launch was dreadful really there was no killer app.

If you read what was gamescom thread which I changed to Xbone and PS4 talk. There's still a lot of exclusives titles on both Xbone & PS4 at launch more so then wii u, and yes I'm getting watch dogs on PS4 as you clearly see the benefits of it on next gen which Joe public will also see. Where Joe public don't know or see the benefits of playing a multiplatform game on a Wii U.

I'm buying a PS4 & Xbone to go along with my Wii U, As a Gamer I want  have the best gaming experience why should I limit myself to just uncharted & zelda or just halo & zelda or uncharted & halo, I want all play all three games, and not miss out.

Also Mighty Switch Force 2 is coming to Wii U in October.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 0:07

Axis1500 wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

It's all objective, including me: I'm trying to see things from the point of view of a multi-console owner, who can play all the ports and had a Wii, and likes all good games rather than being closed-minded (if any such exist).  I reckon he'd (your average such gamer is male) find Wii Sports > Nintendo Land and TP >> NSMBU, although I couldn't say for ZombiU.  And he'd probably prefer the GC and N64 launches too, with their line-ups.  That's without looking to the other "two pillars".

Fair?  Unfair?  

This was the point I was going to make to, a lot less exclusives on them two than there was on Wii U so I see no reason to invest any time soon and Wii U offered something new of course which may have given some a reason to buy even for the mutliplatform games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 18:38

Seen activision's reason why there supporting the Wii U so much, it's to help the Wii U appeal to people and the games industry in general.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 11:04

Ubi have announced that Child of Light, which looks like a puzzle-RPG-platformer, is coming to the Wii U. It does look good, but at the same time has shades of Trine 2, which I found awfully disappointing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:04

Lots of things let Trine 2 down - here's hoping Child Of Light can be the game that Trine 2 was not.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 19:01

ZeroJones wrote:
Lots of things let Trine 2 down - here's hoping Child Of Light can be the game that Trine 2 was not.
Agreed.

*watches trailer*

Is that turn-based combat? Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 12:24

IGN have been doing top 25 for consoles and the number 1 they've shown a video of it and talked about it.

Late last a video went up with the number 1 Wii U game with the top 25 logo, Got up this morning thought i'll check out the top 25. Nothing just the video which I watched the Number 1 Wii U game is
Number 1:
a few other titles were brought up, making me think there in the top 25 but list just is up for some reason, could have something to do with wind waker maybe.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 12:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 12:31

Best spoiler box ever Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 12:34

Sorted, 1st time I've used the spolier button.

There was a Nintendo Direct https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXyFF-jBTg today.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 12:57

I'm guessing that's when they announced this: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/429919/wii-sports-set-for-hd-online-wii-u-release/

I am probably more excited than I should be, given that this is an HD remake of a game that's not that impressive in the harsh glare of modern day: but Motion+ support!  Online!  Regional "clubs"!  Nintendo could have something huge with this, but that pricing structure repels me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 13:04

Yeah way to expensive £45 if I want every game unless of course they do a unlimted pass or something for £25 then I would buy them all. Abit like the streetpass game deal. The Wii Fit pricing is great though, as I can buy a used board for like a fiver (goes to checkout phillps bargain thread) and then the little thing for £20, that's £25 for a game that's good value.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 13:20

The first rule of Wii Sports Club *is punched in the nose*

This and the Wii Fit U announcement has massive potential for me to get the Wii U selling again (if it ever did sell). The right kind of advert, playing on people's memories of playing the original, could help, I'm sure. mas's suggestion of a bundle deal for permanent access is a good one, though I could well give the bowling a miss. Looks like I'll be resyncing my remotes in the future...
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 17:26

I'm not sure about the pricing structure, but I feel a boxed version will come soon. It's good that Ninty are experimenting with price models though.

Wii Fit U on the other hand? Full game if you already own Wii Fit for the cost of a pedometer? I can see that doing quite well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 17:42

See how many of you feel about Wind Waker HD? That's how I feel about Wii Sports Club; they're improving one of my absolute favourite games ever. That pricing is shocking, mind. I'm gay for Wii Sports, but even I find it too steep. There'll be some that'll think £8.99 is too expensive for all five sports.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013 - 17:58

Also you need motion plus, I'm putting money on that nintendo do a wiimote and unlimited pass bundle for in-store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U news thread
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next