We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U news thread

Go down 
+25
SquidgyGoat
Solve My Maze
Fancy Fancy
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Cube
oldschool
Athrun888
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
Jimbob
Axis1500
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Sentinator
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

Wii U news thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 17:44

Axis1500 wrote:
I find it odd you never see these sentiments about Sony, even though the Vita TV is their 6th console failure in a row...
Eh? Can you explain?

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 17:53

Yeah UK aren't huge nintendo fans are gaming habits for the majority is the same as the yanks not main land Europe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 18:30

Quote :
Anyway, here's some more depressing UK sales news. (Then again, UK hates Nintendo - even the 3DS does badly here compared to the rest of Europe.)

I personally don't get why folk would get depressed over sales figures, sure we can all see how bad they are but it just isn't our place as consumers to get that worried about them.

It just really grinds my gears that there's this sub culture of people who play games but all they seem to be discussing are the numbers (same goes for the spec wars people) and not what's important, the actual games.

Right that's enough of that time to go blow things up in gta. Smile
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 18:36

Fancy Fancy wrote:
Axis1500 wrote:
I find it odd you never see these sentiments about Sony, even though the Vita TV is their 6th console failure in a row...
Eh? Can you explain?

Amended my post. LOL. I just meant that if you look at Sony's console output - PS3, PSP, PSP Go, Vita, Vita 2000 - none of them dominated the scene sales wise, yet you don't see anyone arguing that their business would be much more lucrative if they abandon hardware. With Nintendo, you see it daily.

In other news, today is Iwata's birthday. He's 54.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:12

But Vita TV & Vita 2000 aren't even out yet in the West.

Anyway, I'm not one to argue about sales figures. So, umm, hhmm...
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:05

About Nintendo not even knowing what to do with the WiiU, it seems pretty obvious to me. Currently it lacks 3rd party support, has some good looking first party titles but they are few in number. How do you fill the gaps between releases? Currently, Nintendo's approach is 1 piss poor VC release every other week and a Two Tribes game.

Remember, the U is the only Nintendo home console capable of HD and there's defo a market for HD remakes and various other consoles on the VC. I'm sure F-Zero GX HD with online play and leaderboards would do well. Mario Sunshine HD....yes please.

I know people generally buy a new console to play new games but when you can't supply enough games quickly enough to create much of a range and you want to make some money, there's no harm in modernising what is already classic. That's basically what AAA game development does with annual sequels.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 0:21

Just thought what could be the worst thing to be shown at VGX, Nintendo says year of Luigi isn't over to February and they have more things to show / announce. What if they show the rumored Luigi Mansion 2 HD, I can't think of anything worse they could show okay maybe a trailer of DKC:TF with cranky being shown that will also be boring.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 0:27

There's still the risk of Yoshi's New Island, mind. I've got no great expectations from Nintendo at VGX.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 3:21

I think I read somewhere that Reggie clarified it and it was going to be a game previously announced? It seems the money is on Donkey Kong.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 9:40

Like the two of you, my expectations are firmly lowered. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 10:26

It won't be Yoshi New Island as that's a 3DS game.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 16:42

It will be Cranky Kong. I'm convinced.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 2:04

So, it was Cranky Kong.

However, VGX turned out to be an amateur production, filmed in some low budget closed-off set with absolutely no audience, consisting of three hours of unfunny jokes about Adult diapers and transsexuals. (E3 it certainly aint.)

The other reveals were: (Spoilered in case you want to put yourself through the hell of watching it, but there's nothing new for Nintendo consoles.)

Spoiler:

And Cranky Kong trended on twitter worldwide afterwards. It could have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 8:22

I'm not upset, because we'd all lowered our expectations beforehand.

However, Reggie is a marketing man. He had to have known the hype that him saying this would cause. On CVG before the event, there were people hoping for a new Metroid or Zelda: is this going to have improved their goodwill? (Yes, none of us like the CVG Article Comments crowd, but they're more representative of people Nintendo should be going after than we are. They've got most of us.)

On the other hand, maybe Reggie knew that the show would be a crock of dung anyway, and is saving any bigger announcements for a Nintendo Direct later. Yes, that's probably it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 14:42

Here's a link to the show. All three hours of it. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HowX2Avi2Rw&feature=share&t=8m18s

To be fair, the Donkey Kong reveal could have been a hell of a lot better. Even Nintendo employees were raging about it. It's not that the DK reveal was good, it's just that it was mitigated somewhat by the rest of the terrible show - according to my Twitch stream, only 40,000 bothered to tune in.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 18:39

Axis1500 wrote:
according to my Twitch stream, only 40,000 bothered to tune in.
It was also streamed on XBL, Steam and PSN, as well as through not only Spike and GT but also a handful of other MTV Networks properties- I wouldn't put too much faith into that one number.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 18:40

If you expected a Metroid or Zelda at VGX then your expectations were way too high, name one massive franchise that's been revealed at VGA/x? I certainly can't think of any.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 19:34

The_Jaster wrote:
If you expected a Metroid or Zelda at VGX then your expectations were way too high, name one massive franchise that's been revealed at VGA/x? I certainly can't think of any.
Mass Effect 3 (although everyone knew it existed anyway), The Last of Us, Skyrim and Arkham City.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 21:56

LOL at Cranky. He says he can beat the game faster then the others. Now I get to put that to the test.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySun 8 Dec 2013 - 23:20

Someone condensed VGX into 3 minutes. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4hrg49oTg [EDIT: Video has now been blocked, lol]

The idea that Nintendo would go to the expense of flying out Anouma and a Japanese translator for something as shoddy as this is just laughable.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 1:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 0:44

Joel McHale was drunk as shit, that's excellent. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 13:00

Cube wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Mass Effect 3 (although everyone knew it existed anyway), The Last of Us, Skyrim and Arkham City.

I'll give you the last two (TLOU is one game so can't be part of a franchie Winky Face )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 9 Dec 2013 - 17:25

Balladeer wrote:
I'm not upset, because we'd all lowered our expectations beforehand.

However, Reggie is a marketing man.  He had to have known the hype that him saying this would cause.  On CVG before the event, there were people hoping for a new Metroid or Zelda: is this going to have improved their goodwill?  (Yes, none of us like the CVG Article Comments crowd, but they're more representative of people Nintendo should be going after than we are.  They've got most of us.)  

On the other hand, maybe Reggie knew that the show would be a crock of dung anyway, and is saving any bigger announcements for a Nintendo Direct later.  Yes, that's probably it.

But are those people you are talking about on CVG are they watching NintendoDirect but I guess any big news would be talked about.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013 - 21:40

Axis1500 wrote:
Fancy Fancy wrote:
Axis1500 wrote:
Eh? Can you explain?

Amended my post. LOL. I just meant that if you look at Sony's console output - PS3, PSP, PSP Go, Vita, Vita 2000 - none of them dominated the scene sales wise, yet you don't see anyone arguing that their business would be much more lucrative if they abandon hardware. With Nintendo, you see it daily.

In other news, today is Iwata's birthday. He's 54.

I wouldn't really call the Vita a failure in Japan anymore, it's now receiving a steady stream of unique and exclusive games, and isn't selling too badly at all relative to everything that isn't a 3DS. In the west it's a whole different story, of course, but it's getting a few localisations of niche games from Japan which will mean I'll keep returning to it. Not at all interested in the indie games though, that's what my Surface Pro 2 is for.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 EmptySat 14 Dec 2013 - 2:21

There's an interesting research thread on NeoGAF showing that the UK is by far the worst market for Nintendo games in Europe. This explains why Knack can outsell 3D World here 2 weeks running.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U news thread
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next