We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U news thread

Go down 
+25
SquidgyGoat
Solve My Maze
Fancy Fancy
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Cube
oldschool
Athrun888
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
Jimbob
Axis1500
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Sentinator
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wii U news thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 10:56

Minecraft isn't coming to the Wii U any time soon according to Notch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 14:51

He did say via twitter that he'd love to do it though, seems like two things are stopping it from happening 1. The devs have a lot of work on at the minute & 2. I think they're personally waiting to be approached by Nintendo themselves rather than them having to chase down Nintendo.

Now that could easily stop it from not coming at all because Notch & co don't exactly need it to happen, so the way I see it the ball is in Nintendo's hand.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 17:15

Meaning that's where it will stay, forever. Meh 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 19:18

Sad but probably true.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 21:57

Someone explain to me the attraction to Minecraft. I have seen plenty of it in footage, but it doesn't interest me at all. It looks terrible and boring. What am I missing?
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 22:00

From what I gather, creativity. The ability to build your own stuff out of the game world. It doesn't really appeal to me either, but I prefer to do my creating outside videogames.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 22:17

Rumour time.
A French games journalist (gameblog.fr) tweeted from Japan about an unannounced 2014 Wii U third party exclusive he's just seen:

Wii U news thread - Page 21 156438image

Further tweets say that it is GOTY2014 , "bloody great" and will cause more gamer rage than Bayo 2.

https://twitter.com/NicoWav/status/416947865437470720

Oh yeah, it will be published by Nintendo too.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 22:50

oldschool wrote:
Someone explain to me the attraction to Minecraft.  I have seen plenty of it in footage, but it doesn't interest me at all.  It looks terrible and boring.  What am I missing?

It's the sort of oddly compelling that you can only get from playing it.

Also, building massive cubular nobs.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 23:21

Axis1500 wrote:
Rumour time.
A French games journalist (gameblog.fr) tweeted from Japan about an unannounced 2014 Wii U third party exclusive he's just seen:

Wii U news thread - Page 21 156438image

Further tweets say that it is GOTY2014 , "bloody great" and will cause more gamer rage than Bayo 2.

https://twitter.com/NicoWav/status/416947865437470720

Oh yeah, it will be published by Nintendo too.

Man, I hope that is true. I really do. However, I am a sceptic and I will believe it only when it happens and it lives up to that hype.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 23:24

beemoh wrote:
oldschool wrote:
Someone explain to me the attraction to Minecraft.  I have seen plenty of it in footage, but it doesn't interest me at all.  It looks terrible and boring.  What am I missing?

It's the sort of oddly compelling that you can only get from playing it.

Also, building massive cubular nobs.

The compel me from playing it would require it to compel me to play it in the first place. I would rather build with LEGO blocks. Why we as Wii U owners care about this? Surely it is so cheap on PC, that a console version just seems irrelevant?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 15:59

The PC version will always be the best version because it can be modded & all sorts of things can be added to the game by that community.

I think the pull of the console versions is the split screen multiplayer, also building isn't the only thing to do I personally prefer to just explore the excellent caves the game creates.

So why should wii U owners care about it? The game has a massive pull, despite a lot of folk having it on PC it still sold massively on 360 so one reason is it could bring in new customers & oh it's a fun game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 20:49

It's never looked that great to me but graphics aren't everything. Why shouldn't Wii U owners have it the other consoles are getting. Also the gamepad could be great to select items and that.

If this exclusive is true and been shown in japan, you would think it' a Japanese developed game. I can't think would it could be that would course outrage though as likes of Kingdom Hearts 3 is on the big black boxes of power. The only thing I would want is Shenmue III.

There was rumors a while ago of Namco trademarked Tales of Link, maybe it's that but not sure a Tales game maybe sent around the Zelda universe would course outrage.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 15:29

In terms of user interface it'd be the closest they could get to the PC version & wouldn't need the menu that's on 360/ps3 as a drag & drop system could be used for crafting etc.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 7:44

What y'all said. A new game of MineCraft essentially revolves around doing the same thing each time, but it's the fact that the worlds are randomly generated (and not just a little - the worlds vary significantly each time), that means that the way you approach things is different, and the stories you can tell are many.

Plus, you can set up a machine that lights up the word "ARSE" when the sun goes down.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 12:10

It'd be great to have MineCraft on Wii U but only if they let existing users download it for free. I'm not sure I'd spend another 15 quid (or whatever it is now) on something I already have on my 'puter. Unless it has lots of cool new features, new mobs and stuff then I think I'll give it a pass.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 23:46

So Nintendo won a patent lawsuit related to "Computer interactive isometric exercise system and method for operatively interconnecting the exercise system to a computer system for use as a peripheral" (Wii balance board)

Quote :

On Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014, Nintendo obtained the entire patent portfolio of IA Labs during a sheriff's sale in Montgomery County, Maryland. IA Labs sued Nintendo for patent infringement in April 2010. Nintendo successfully defended the lawsuit and obtained judgment in its favor in February 2012. The trial court also awarded Nintendo some of the costs and fees it incurred defending the case.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=41125
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 6:05

Going back to that French guys tweet, is "more rage than bayo 2" really what the wii U needs? Yes it will give us a top third party game but no matter how stupid the supposed rage is it will just push more folk away from buying a wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 8:53

It depends how good the game is, doesn't it?

I suppose the patent thing shows how swingsy and roundabouty the whole technology patent world is. Not to mention a tad ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 12:56

Aye if its a big franchise I suppose it would bring more folk to wii U I just think it will be spun into a negative against Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 14:12

Regarding the unannounced rage spawning exclusive, something i read on WiiU news' profile stated that it would not be a mature rated title. Also the fact it will apparently cause nerd rage suggests it's an existing character/series/franchise that has previously been available on Xbox or Playstation. That only narrows it down a little but every little helps Smile.

Stirring the rumour mill a little, the people behind the port of Mass effect have advertised for programmers familiar with the WiiU for a "Top Notch" game. Some people believe that this could be a WiiU port of Minecraft due to the "Top Notch" comment. Notch has previously said THEY are not currently working on a WiiU port but that doesn't mean that somebody else isn't....perhaps. Personally, i'm not even bothered hehe but thought i would share what i've read.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 14:21

It would be nice to have MineCraft, like every non-Nintendo platform in existence.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 15:03

Rattlecat wrote:
Stirring the rumour mill a little, the people behind the port of Mass effect have advertised for programmers familiar with the WiiU for a "Top Notch" game. Some people believe that this could be a WiiU port of Minecraft due to the "Top Notch" comment. Notch has previously said THEY are not currently working on a WiiU port but that doesn't mean that somebody else isn't....perhaps. Personally, i'm not even bothered hehe but thought i would share what i've read.

Can't imagine that. There is precedent for Minecraft ports being outsourced, but any Wii U port would probably go to the people who did the said port- 4J Studios- before anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 15:19

It only just reached PS3 last month, I'm sure it'll turn up in time.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 19:15

Sad News. Two Tribes has undergone bankruptcy, due to the lack of people buying the awesome Toki Tori 2+.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/interview_two_tribes_explains_development_closure_and_starting_again
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 20:41

So, EuroGamer/Digital Foundry wrote an article about an Anonymous developer talking about how hard the Wii U was to develop for. The article has nothing that sensational in it, but it was used in some quarters as more Wii U hate fuel.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

Due to some insane detective work / lateral thinking, my friend makes a rather compelling case that the dev in question is Criterion / EA talking about NFSMWU. This makes sense because Nintendo fan Alex Ward just left Criterion, and as we know, there's no love lost between EA / Nintendo.

http://www.doomedsince1889.com/2014/01/12/digital-foundrys-secret-developers-the-wii-u-story-anonymous-developer-exposed/

EDIT: Since I posted this, I contacted the writer with more info and they now thank me in the credits LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U news thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next