We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U news thread

Go down 
+25
SquidgyGoat
Solve My Maze
Fancy Fancy
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Cube
oldschool
Athrun888
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
Jimbob
Axis1500
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Sentinator
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

Wii U news thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptySun 2 Feb 2014 - 19:44

Am I the only one that would love to see a Nintendo hotel? It shows that they weren't always so wholesome when they had hotels for the main purpose of having a quicky.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptySun 2 Feb 2014 - 21:20

Solve My Maze wrote:
Am I the only one that would love to see a Nintendo hotel? It shows that they weren't always so wholesome when they had hotels for the main purpose of having a quicky.

It's amazing how the company went from that to wand-waggling in a few short decades.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2014 - 15:39

Looks like the first results of Nintendo licensing...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/super_mario_hopping_into_mcdonalds_happy_meals_in_the_uk
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 20:35

Axis1500 wrote:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/super_mario_hopping_into_mcdonalds_happy_meals_in_the_uk

Yay! It's like the old days! (Sad because too old to happy meal)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptySun 9 Feb 2014 - 15:49

New issue of ONM teases a "New, Unannounced, Wii U game" for next issue's cover.
Said game is not Starfox or F-Zero. Further tweets from the Castle explain that its not Sonic Boom, and is a "cool, indie title."

Hmmmm....

Also, speaking of indie games, there's 120 of them coming to Wii U. (Didn't know whether to post this in the eShop thread....)

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/120-upcoming-wii-u-games-indie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 13:37

Has Hullbreach Uncloaked been officially announced ? It could be that which Castle is referring to as it sounds very cool to me and is an indie title.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 20:04

I'm convinced the ONM game is Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 20:28

The_Jaster wrote:

That's already ben announced, though, to the point that it was demonstrated at Eurogamer.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 23:21

Here's a list of Wii U games and release dates from the recent Direct.

Wii U

February 21 - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

April 25 - NES Remix 2
April - GameBoy Advance Virtual Console including Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 and more

May 01 - Child of Light
May 30 - Mario Kart 8

2014 - Bayonetta 2
2014 - Super Smash Bros.
2014 - X
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 23:31

Still looks a bit blank during spring, sadly. Or maybe I'm just greedy. Here's hoping that DKCTF (which is now looking pretty great) is a pretty meaty offering - then I'll probably get Fusion in April. Even though I never got past the second boss in Super Metroid blush blush blush.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 23:49

Screenshot of the indie games coming soon to Wii U, via Emily Rogers. (This must have been in the American Direct.)

Wii U news thread - Page 26 I4jyO0hBWDiec
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 2:07

Balladeer wrote:
Still looks a bit blank during spring, sadly.  Or maybe I'm just greedy.  Here's hoping that DKCTF (which is now looking pretty great) is a pretty meaty offering - then I'll probably get Fusion in April.  Even though I never got past the second boss in Super Metroid blush blush blush.

Did you never play Fusion first time round, then? You really should get it when you can - it's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 5:14

beemoh wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

That's already ben announced, though, to the point that it was demonstrated at Eurogamer.

Oh so did they definitely say it was an unannounced game? I had no idea.

Axis1500 wrote:
Screenshot of the indie games coming soon to Wii U, via Emily Rogers. (This must have been in the American Direct.)

Wii U news thread - Page 26 I4jyO0hBWDiec

Stand outs there to me are scram kitty, 1001 spikes, Wooden sen sey, Teslagrad & shovel knight

@axis shovel knight (march) & scram kitty (April) should be on that wii U release list.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 5:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Going for the record number of edits to one post ;))
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:18

In all of this the most exciting reveal to me was that I'll have the chance to play Superstar Saga before too long (even the NES Remix 2 and Super Luigi Bros. announcement ranked below). It's the only Mario & Luigi title I've never played and most of y'all seem to rave about it, so I'm reet keen. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:20

Axis1500 wrote:

Ooh, HELL yeah, I'll be getting in on that for sure!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:44

Rum Rapture wrote:
Did you never play Fusion first time round, then? You really should get it when you can - it's brilliant.

Nor the second! (It was part of the 3DS Ambassador Programme, wasn't it?)

ZeroJones wrote:
In all of this the most exciting reveal to me was that I'll have the chance to play Superstar Saga before too long (even the NES Remix 2 and Super Luigi Bros. announcement ranked below). It's the only Mario & Luigi title I've never played and most of y'all seem to rave about it, so I'm reet keen. Grin

I'm a bit worried that in your case, without the benefit of nostalgia and without it being the first appearance of the special moves, the ageing will show through. I still think it has the best Bros. Moves out of the bunch, not to mention the Fire Hand and Thunderhand.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 9:10

Balladeer wrote:
Rum Rapture wrote:

Nor the second!  (It was part of the 3DS Ambassador Programme, wasn't it?)

Yes indeed. Just as long as you play it on something! It's really well put together and there are some brilliantly tense sequences and boss fights.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 12:13

Rum Rapture wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Rum Rapture wrote:

Nor the second!  (It was part of the 3DS Ambassador Programme, wasn't it?)

Yes indeed. Just as long as you play it on something! It's really well put together and there are some brilliantly tense sequences and boss fights.

Heartily seconded: Fusion is a lovely little game.

Balladeer wrote:
I'm a bit worried that in your case, without the benefit of nostalgia and without it being the first appearance of the special moves, the ageing will show through. I still think it has the best Bros. Moves out of the bunch, not to mention the Fire Hand and Thunderhand.

Only (partners in) time will tell the (inside) story, (dream) team (bros)! No

Overall, I'm really pleased that GBA games are being released on something: it's a big gap in my gaming history. Roll on Golden Suns, Final Fantasy V Advance, Metroid: Zero Mission and Mother 3 (please?)!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 12:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added much stuff)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 12:49

The good Golden Suns? Yes please.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 18:00

The Wii U list looks dismal, okay kart will be great but the U is in its second year it should have plenty. Look at the xbone or ps4 there in there 1st year and both look better overall.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 18:26

That's your opinion, certainly. I can't remember what's out on the BBoPs, but I'll warrant that I'd rather play DKCTF than any of their games.

After that it's a bit empty until May, as I said above, but it looks better if you include the indie games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:09

The BBoPs have big gaps too, after a big push of stuff in March - May theres nothing I'm interested in for a good 6 months so it's not like this problem is exclusive to Nintendo ( I think folk are just asking for way too much) of course if you look at a list the gaps look massive but as the months roll on you will find things to hold your interest and pass the time & it won't seem as bad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 22:59

DK is looking better every time I see it but I'm waiting to a price drop on that as I want to keep my money back for the big games in march.

But if you buy DK on launch there's nothing really in till Mario Kart in till May, I'm not disputing that the Wii U will have great games it more than likely will have the best games this year in kart, smash etc. As someone who has other systems I can be playing games on them whilst the U is barren but if your looking from the outside could you justify buying a Wii U with one or two great game's or 10 good games on a PS4ONE.

Nintendo not did to win me over or you balla it's the people that don't own them.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 2:47

After DKCTF I will happily fill my wii U time with the likes of scram kitty & shovel knight.

Quote :
but if your looking from the outside could you justify buying a Wii U with one or two great game's or 10 good games on ps4one

If someone is picking up a wii U for the first time they certainly have more than one or two games to choose from just look at our wii u vote thread, I think you're being overly generous about the ps4/XO there as well.

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 6:38

Same I've had my PS4 for 3 months now and still have no game for it unless you count contrast which was free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U news thread
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next