Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I plan to boycott EA.

Go down 
+15
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Sentinator
Jimbob
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
Axis1500
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 9:51

Seems me and Smurf are doing this again Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:37

Nah they just release very little that interests me anyway, I have Battlefront which I didn't buy and only enjoy because it's Star Wars other than that I can't think of a single thing they make that interests me. Although comments from the Titanfall Dev are good reason to boycott.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:46

They've got a good looking indie like coming up and Mass Effect Andromeda but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:49

Oh that does remind me about that Yarn game, maybe they might get some money from me after all. Late to the Mass Effect party so probably won't bother now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:52

Well Andromeda is a new galaxy and seems you don't need to play the Trilogy but I am a little worried about Andromeda though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 9:50

I don't think Respawn have anything to do with EA other than publishing though, do they? I'd be surprised if they worked with them again too after the awful launch time.

Unravel is pretty great, buy it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 12:51

Well it was the respawn guy that said it, so maybe we should boycott them and not EA.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 11:13

Seems EA are actually going to support the Switch with 7 games this year

Burnout Paradise Remastered
FIFA 21 Legacy Edition
Lost in Random, Looks interesting
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, Heard good things
Apex Legends, Anyone still playing?
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
Velan Studios game

Is that good enough? The one I'm surprised about no Madden

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 11:55

Matty and I are really excited to get stuck into Apex, it's actually been a big motivation in me getting a move on with ordering my internet.

I want to play Burnout, heard good things and never played anything after Burnout 2 on the 'cube.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:03

It will have cross-play, just don't know anyone still playing it

Think PvZ will have it as well also guess Hot Pursuit seeing just got it
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:29

I wouldn't say this is good enough. Burnout Paradise shouldn't be £45, that's just ripping the pish. Same goes for a FIFA Legacy Edition - in fact, that shouldn't be a thing altogether, they should get their arses in gear and develop something that's not a reskinned 2019 edition based on a 2014 model.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:38

Burnout Paradise I can see why it is £45 as someone that games on multiple systems when Red Dead 2 came to Stadia people were like that's now £20 on PS4 why is it £55 well the RRP on PSN is £55 then saw the same about Kingdom Hearts all coming to Xbox One saw the price which was massive pass from me as I could go get on my PS4 from CEX cheap, but they were both the same price on XBL & PSN.

That's the issue is EA have them all at the same price in terms of RRP (well +£10 because of Switch cart) but because it's been out so much longer on PS4 and Xbox One now a ShopTo has it on sale all the time for £13 and it's been on digital sale multiple times as well.

I've said myself before when DOOM come to Switch why would I pay £40 for it when I can get for about a fiver on my Xbox One, guess it's just one of these things that have to live with when a game comes to a new platform, unless do like SEGA did with Yakuza and put the RRP down on all the systems.

Still could be worse like Capcom selling Res Evil games double the price on Switch.

FIFA though yep you're right but with next gen soon, at some point the legacy versions will also be what's on PS4 and Xbox One that they're not going to put in the effort.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 13:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:57

Luckily I'm in no rush to get Burnout, so I'll wait for a decent price.

FIFA can fuck off, but I only ever buy one per console anyway. I only have it for the occasional urge, so the copy of FIFA 18 will do me until I'm done with my Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 17:18

Only EA games I buy are sports games. I wanted a boxing game, so I picked up UFC on the cheap a while ago. Wouldn't ever buy a current year edition though when I know that the older versions are essentially the same game less the online stuff, and can be had for a tuppence. I did play Apex but only a handful of games. What I did play was fun!

You'd think it couldn't be too hard for them to bring a bunch of quality and reasonably priced games to the switch but they're just such a weird company.

There must be a lot of safe money they could make as a compliment to their big budget games by releasing small, cheaper, spinoffs. Like what Ubisoft occasionally do with the Far Cry games. But they seem to want to operate like a Hollywoo studio, blockbusters or nothing.

They recently uploaded all of their PC games to steam, after having exclusively put their games on Origin since whenever Mass Effect 3 came out. Thing is though, you just download the game through steam and then have to launch it through Origin - which apparently causes Origin to crash a bunch Laughing

If they can't make money the EA way they just don't seem to give a toss.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 17:30

They do have the EA Originals now and Respawn seems to be given free rein but mostly I just sub to EA Access sure it's £20 a year but played Madden 20, going to play Heat and some of the originals I might jump on.

Part from what I've got listed not sure what else they could bring to Switch, Madden Legacy Edition is where my head went maybe The Sims 4.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 19:23

mas wrote:
Apex Legends, Anyone still playing?

Nope, the game is great but this honestly should have been released much sooner or at the very least been announced that it was being worked on a lot earlier.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:09

Guess only positive is it's coming when cross-play goes live
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:34

Bit odd, this to be in 3DS and Wii U - so it isn't any more.

I have nothing else to say on it - carry on!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I plan to boycott EA.   I plan to boycott EA. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I plan to boycott EA.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3