We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Xelviar
Reggie Fils-Aime
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
Jimbob
Athrun888
fronkhead
ZeroJones
masofdas
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Buskalilly
Gwyn400
Silver light
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 12:56

Balladeer wrote:
Double posting, sorry: it begins...

Anyone catching the MS conference at 1730? Or staying up for the Sony conference at 2 a.m.?

Probably going to watch the MS conference, the Sony one is dubious. EA I'm sort of curious about.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 13:31

I've no idea when the various conferences start due to time zone shenanigans but I'll definitely be tuning in to Microsoft's and Sony's if I'm up.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 14:17

Athrun888 wrote:
I've no idea when the various conferences start due to time zone shenanigans but I'll definitely be tuning in to Microsoft's and Sony's if I'm up.

CVG is your man here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410902/features/e3-2013-your-essential-calendar/

The times on that page are UK and Pacific, but there's also links to a world clock for each event, so all timezones are covered.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 14:25

I really wish I could watch Ubisofts but I'll be at a gig tonight.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 21:18

Can't imagine anyone hasn't found a location to watch the MS stream from, but just in case: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/411915/live-blog/watch-live-microsoft-e3-2013-press-conference/

Post-conference EDIT: Sounds like they delivered on the games front. Nothing about the contentious issues though.

EDITEDIT: EA have already made me cringe. "Game development is a team sport"? Sod off. Do the Yanks really go for that sort of rubbish?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 22:18

EA's had 3 highlights for me. The 3 seconds of Battlefront announcements, Dragon Age and the amazing looking Mirror's Edge 2 (which made me bounce with excitement. Bounce )
Edit: I forgot about PvZ:GW that looked amazing!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 22:40

Peggle 2. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 0:22

beemoh wrote:
Peggle 2. That is all.

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 IbdNtpjYuavWTB
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 0:47

Well Ubisofts was an awful recap of last years with a nice finish wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 0:50

As ever I'll probably only be gripped by Nintendo's offerings, tried to watch the likes of Sony's in the past and got bored, will sadly have to wait till I get home around half 9 tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 0:58

EA taking the piss so hard that I almost have to admire it. I've got a PS2 and a PSP, so the non-appearance of FIFA 14 on Wii U doesn't bother me in the slightest!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 3:25

Well, seems I slept through all the fun and the stream hates my internet connection, but I have just been to CVG to get the lowdown on what I missed. PS4 looks nice, but I want a price and drm policies, mimic Microsoft and you could wave Persona 5 under my face and I still wouldn't buy one.

And speaking of Microsoft holy cow, they have truly lost the plot. 499$ US? They can't be serious in this economic climate. 499$ for a system that will become a useless doorstop once they switch the servers off at the start of the next gen? And knowing them it will probably have a dire failure rate as well. I didn't expect them to sway me, but I'm surprised at just how bad that was. I genuinely thought they'd pull a complete reversal at E3 by revealing some big games for their fans and a solid price point.

Outside of that it just seems the same old same old from the guys from EA and Ubisoft. If Assassin's Creed 4 is like 2 then it'll be a blast regardless, but nothing seems to have caught my eye. I'm waiting for Square Enix and Nintendo at this point, Lightning Returns is one of my most looked forward to games and Nintendo have some potential huge announcements and I want to see if they show more of X off.

And soon after I say that of course we have a trailer for Versus, or should I say Final Fantasy XV. That trailer looked incredible, I don't want to start succumbing to hypoe for a game but wow. Sony had better not screw up the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 4:11

Well, well. Sony's just finished and they've absolutely fucking ripped the absolute crap out of MS. Quick main points - No always on or used games DRM at all, £350/$399 for PS4, lots of games shown.

Also, this piece of masterful trolling:

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 5:08

Wow, this is fantastic. I've been worried sick these last few weeks thinking that Sony will be doing the same as Microsoft and my days gaming were done. But no, it continues! Grin
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 6:37

Sony's conference was amazing.

It wasn't perfect - the first hour was a bore, they offered nothing new for the Vita, and the way they hid the fact that online now costs you money was extremely sneaky. They released a console that not only has better specs than MS, it's also cheaper.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reggie Fils-Aime
Tingle's Dingle
Reggie Fils-Aime

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 6:39

I didn't like Sony's conference, and neither did you. Now, look at this light.

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mkk02rilQY1qckkebo1_400

NINTENDORULESNINTENDORULESNINTENDORULESNINTENDORULESNINTENDORULESNINTENDORULES
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Reggie
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 8:01

Silver light wrote:
Also, this piece of masterful trolling:
Spoiler:
You've got to laugh. Laughing

Mind you, I'm now really apprehensive for Nintendo's conference. Everyone apart from Ubisoft has done pretty well so far, showing off lots of desirable games. (Shame about MS' console, but there you go.) If they want to "win" "E3", they're going to have to pull out all the stops. Especially the big 32' Smash Bros. stop.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 9:07

Haven't properly watched any of the others, but I've had a poke around. PS4 looks alright. XBox One is a cautionary tale.

Its all about Ninty this afternoon. I'm super psyched!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 9:36

Microsoft certainly gave Sony the ammunition. You'd be best seeking mental help if you still wanted an Xbox One at this stage.

I've still got faith in Nintendo to deliver the goods. Don't really know what to expect, though if you had honestly asked me six months ago what I'd most like to see at E3, it would have been 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 10:13

Just finished watching both, Microsoft had a great showing, but it's the thinks like the price and online crap which let's it down compared to Sony who i didn't think show that much great stuff but what they told us about the console like playing used games and price. is why I'm going for the ps4 first and waiting for Microsoft to have a huge price drop or change they model that i can play used etc.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 10:22

I think I'm one of the few people that preferred MS's conference. For me MS was new release after new release that made me think y'know what I actually might want an XBone. It was refreshing to see so many exclusives on an MS as they've totally dried up in recent years (when was the last game that wasn't Gears or Halo?). Sony beat around the bush too much for me, firstly the fact they gave any time to The Last of Us annoyed me as it's out Friday and I'd rather see it in the game, if you're going to get TLoU you'd have already made up your mind by now. Then the rest of the conferene was spent between Indie games (ok for 5 minutes but I don't overly care for them) and the same games they anounced at the PS4 event with slightly more cutscene style footage. The only game that properly got me going was FFXV. I'm still more inclined to the PS4 as when Naughty Dog start (or say what they're doing) I'll definately need it, not to mention I love inFamous and Killzone is a laugh, it's just that the microsoft conference was a better one that has been overshadowed because Sony said they aren't blocking preowned or making you use the internet (which Microsoft seem to be working into the games in a cool way anyway).
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 11:44

Well, so far Sony has walked the walk, while Microsoft... don't go there. Duh!

Key points of Microsoft's Conference was Titanfall and the MGSV trailer, as well as Quantum Break, but with so many screw ups in and outside of the conference, I don't think I'll be getting one until it's something like £150, which will be when they turn the damn server off...

Sony on the other hand? I may have missed the conference, but it looks like the most powerful hardware of the two. The box design is space age like and seems to have a dig at Microsoft's next windows logo if you look carefully at it. Also the brilliant viral about Used games just won everyone over. I don't think anyone cheered as much as they have for a long time! Also the cheaper entry price (and you can get an Eye for cheap) as well as Regionless gaming make this pretty much THE gamer's console.

PS+ for online kinda sucks, however with the offers they currently give on the PS3 and Vita, it's a good tactical move.

Final verdict? Sony wins hands down... XBOX? Go home! You really smell like ass!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 13:01

Sony still didn't have any games that truly blew me away, Destiny & the new InFamous game looked great but I won't be picking it up on day one as I'm still happy with my ps3 as for MS? I missed their conference but I don't think I'll consider their system at all as with their previous consoles they just have nothing that interests me.

~~~

Roll on 3pm
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 13:02

That used game video is cracking. I've yet to watch Sony's conference, or Ubi's or EA's, but Microsoft's was passable. Nothing to persuade me to buy a console, but I'm sure I'll enjoy watching YouTube videos of people playing Project Spark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:36

Reasonably hyped for Nintendo Direct. It'll not make me popular round this parts, but I really, really hope Nintendo don't spunk a lot of time into all that JRPG cobblers they've got coming soon. That would disappoint me the most, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread   Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Fat E3 (and Nintendo Direct) Thread
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next