We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... Empty
PostSubject: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 21:04

...release date and inevitable microtransactions, initially iOS exclusive:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-03-plants-vs-zombies-2-its-about-time-given-release-date

Has anyone mentioned recently that they dislike EA? I've had bad vibes about PvZ2 ever since the off. Yes, I know it's classed as 'free to play', but it still involves microtransactions. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 21:27

Personally if it means I get to play a game for free and that I just have to avoid some gamebreaking power ups it's not an issue to me! Though I can't play it anyway as I don't have an iDevice. I still need to finish the first anyway...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 4:03

I'll give it a look when it comes out. Though I'm willing to bet that the stuff we'll have to pay for is the best of the best plants which yeah if I don't have them so be it
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 7:38

@andyman949 I appreciate the optimism!

I'm still worried though (but unsurprised at the announcements). The problem isn't that it's free to play, rather that it being F2P leads to the possibility of certain gameplay elements (pacing, balance, structure) being ruined as a result. If you need further example as to how ruinous it can be, look at EA's Real Racing 3.

But yes, would be nice if the transactions only exist to offer optional items which the game wasn't designed to take account of.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 10:37

I'm just going off of games like Dead Space 3, NFS: Hot Pursuit and Mass Effect 3, the former or which I didn't even realise had microtransactions until over half way through the game. Obviously they aren't free to play so that's kind of different, but none of those affected the game and I never felt that I was missing out Fingers crossed that'll be how it's implemented here.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyTue 4 Jun 2013 - 11:00

I enjoyed Plants Vs. Zombies 1. I can't remember if I paid for it (probably...) but you got the full package. It had a decent innings in terms of gameplay and length of time - I am still to beat some of the achievements!

I just hope the latest offering doesn't require you to cough up £1.59 for a corn hurler...it really is quite disingenuous for developers to market games as "free" if you get only the basics.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 20:44

sporkhead wrote:
I'm still worried though (but unsurprised at the announcements). The problem isn't that it's free to play, rather that it being F2P leads to the possibility of certain gameplay elements (pacing, balance, structure) being ruined as a result.

This exactly. The oiginal got balance just about perfect, and later unlockables like the Cob Cannon and Winter Melon came with drawbacks/gameplay elements that prevented them being game breakers. It's telling that the Frozen Pea (unlocked almost at the beginning of the game) was as effective at the end of the game as it was at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 9:52

I've just downloaded the game and will give it a shot later on
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:31

I may be getting this soon, as I'm about to mention in another topic...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 15:14

Well, whaddaya know? This game turns out to be pretty good. Really wasn't sure what to make of it a first, as the time travel seems like an excuse for a palette swap, but once you get into it the map screen, keys and three-star missions make the original game feel pretty stingy by comparison. Not bad!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 3:38

I'm still peeved I had to buy the snow pea
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 21:04

I've managed without it up to now. That leek thing that punches the shite out of everything is the new best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...   Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets... Empty

Back to top Go down

Plants Vs. Zombies 2 gets...
Page 1 of 1