RIP Enrico Morricone - I Hope He Makes Lotsa Spaghetti Western Soundtracks in Heaven

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyWed 20 May 2020 - 20:36

Mas wrote:
Did get some Valorant in and I can see why it's been so successful but you can't at the moment (I don't even know if it will come) use a controller, I know I'm playing a PC only (again might just be at the moment) FPS that should be obvious that can't use a controller, I was just hoping I could.

As I've not used M+K for a shooter or any game really for years and then it's just moving backwards & forwards on DOOM, I'm finding it really hard to adjust and not the mouse aiming bit but going to all the different buttons to use my power ups etc and move at the same time.

It'll just take some practice to get used to it and if you haven't I'd look at your key binds for the power ups etc so they are on keys you can reach comfortably. Oh and if your mouse has them maybe use the extra buttons on there to ease up on the amount your left hand will have to do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 11:10

I'll try that but thinking about it on a controller your right hand is doing almost everything with 7 buttons/sticks where your left is doing 3 maybe 4 with the D-Pad is normally for taunts etc (or would be in this)

where on M+K playing Valorant my right hand I'm doing two things moving the camera and firing where the left does everything else which is about 8 or 10 keys, I feel I want to play the other way around.

Played some Crucible which came out today from Amazon Game Studios, it's the first game I've played where the graphics etc have taken a hit on the laptop which I was tad surprised about as a f2p game and being AGS first game I thought it would have been better optimized as to compare to Valorant that runs & looks way better, that I would have thought AGS would want Crucible to be accessible the most people they can much like how Gears 5 & other Xbox Game Studio games can run on really low hardware.

The game itself wasn't fun either, just dull
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 15:51

Thinking about it as if it's the same might be why it's causing you problems as well, as on M+K hand position and finger placements matter way more than it does on a controller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 15:59

Yeah more than likely but hard to get out of 27 years of habit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 16:06

Yup I know I'd probably be all over the place if I tried to play R6 siege on PC.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Maddrell
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 10:05

I'm gonna say it - analogue stick aiming, while more difficult than mouse aiming, is actually more natural and therefore better for an FPS.

Motion pointer/light gun remains the best tho
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 14:29

Ooft! That's a mighty bold claim, I feel I should point out I'd be in the same situation that mas has where my mouse aiming would be fine but it'd be combining that with the keys of my left hand that'd cause the real problem.

I'm with you on the motion pointer though and I think it's actually a massive shame it hasn't become standard for console shooters. (I'd even settle for it being an alt control set up)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 16:46

@OrangeRakoon wrote:
Motion pointer/light gun remains the best tho

The only view that matters. I've never actually played a shooty game with mouse though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 22:12

Even though I moaned elsewhere on how can I find what I want from 50k games in the STEAM Sale and why it needs curation, and why I sort prefer the Epic store.  

I was looking at games SWERY directed and noticed The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories which then I spotted was sale on STEAM that I added to my cart which brought up some suggestions.

That I ended up getting The Missing £10, Cloudpunk £10, Kind Words £3 and Monster Prom £3.

Might have got Disco Elysium but still hope to play on console or do some sort gameshare with Muss on PC, but yeah will be playing some PC games maybe soon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Din
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyToday at 2:57

The Missing, Cloudpunk and Disco are on my list but they're all games I'll play on Switch when I see a decent price or I'm feeling flush.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11