We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 13:06

Thanks to all who recently sent in votes, that's them tallied up!

As I said before, results will be late tonight due to me working till 8pm tonight, but expect them up before the night is through. Thanks guys. Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 21:44

I remembered to vote 2 weeks in a row! New personal record.
JayMoyles wrote:
Thanks to all who recently sent in votes, that's them tallied up!

As I said before, results will be late tonight due to me working till 8pm tonight, but expect them up before the night is through. Thanks guys. Smile 

No Jay, thank you.

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 Flageag8
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:11

Of all the days to be working late...

Sorry once again for the delay folks, I may get a few Sunday shifts during my time as Voting Master here, so be on your guard for that. A huge thanks to the 10 of you who voted this week!

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the Jumpman Award for Best Platformer goes to...

Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions (games in italics were voted for by more than one person, games in bold were somebody's first choice and games in red were somebody's first choice and voted for by more than one person)

Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions

Spoiler:

Thanks for voting folks! Next week we're voting for Rhythm and Music games, so hop to it chums!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:23

Have you not played Rayman Origins Jay, Or are you just mad?!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:29

Shout-out to the other person(s) who gave Peach their number one slot! Grin 

Another cracking week, and one with an overwhelming number of great games to choose from. Honestly, I never realised how many decent to excellent platformers DS had until I started sifting out my top five.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 22:50

andyman949 wrote:
Have you not played Rayman Origins Jay, Or are you just mad?!

I haven't played Rayman Origins... probably mad as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 23:09

Rayman Origins is probably the best platformer ever. At least until Rayman Legends comes out.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 23:55

An unsurprising winner but a good mix of games in the rest of the top five. Clearly got to get some Rush into my life! Now for rhythm and music games... *struggles*
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 1:02

No need to *struggle*, people! There's some decent stuff worth considering this week. Here's some suggestions, should you need your memory jogged:

Spoiler:

There's a ton on DSiWare too.

~

I didn't vote for platformers as I couldn't decide. Whoops.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 3:04

Phillips, you are a hero posting these. I really ought to have been doing that each and every week, top work sir.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 7:01

What?  

No.  
No.  
NO.  

That is truly despair-worthy: not only did NSMB come first, it got five first places?  (So it can't even be Super Paper Mario syndrome.)  Did these people not play any other platformers on the console, that they felt the need to place this by-the-numbers piece of downright average at number 1?  Or are they all blinded by the plumber's presence?  I haven't played Sonic Rush, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are four platformers in this week's top five that should have placed above NSMB. DAMN YOU! 

Also, multiple people voted for YIDS. Why?

Rhythm games, eh?  I've got four votes for this week, which I'll submit shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 9:23

I really liked NSMB and I found none of the others (that I've played) held such fond memories for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 9:29

Hmmm, that brings me up to about 3 rhythm and music games I'vE played. The only one I enjoyed was EVA but that's more to do with me having no rhythm than the quality of the games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 9:46

Can't blame me Balla about NSMB, as i put Sonic as 1st due to fact it's one of the best 2D sonics and NSMB was just a good mario game nothing special.

Also jay how is sonic clunky, the 3D games maybe and the master system ones but the rest NOOOO!

Urghh music, I've sent my one vote.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 10:03

andyman949 wrote:
I really liked NSMB and I found none of the others (that I've played) held such fond memories for me.

You're the same person who gave S&P2 a dishonourable, so I'd expect nothing more. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 10:17

masofdas wrote:

Also jay how is sonic clunky, the 3D games maybe and the master system ones but the rest NO
I think even the classic mega drive games controlled horribly whenever they slowed down and asked you to do some Mario style platforming.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 10:24

I think NSMB is deserving of top spot even I did vote it third in my list.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 13:04

Balladeer wrote:
What?  

No.  
No.  
NO.  

That is truly despair-worthy: not only did NSMB come first, it got five first places?  (So it can't even be Super Paper Mario syndrome.)  Did these people not play any other platformers on the console, that they felt the need to place this by-the-numbers piece of downright average at number 1?  Or are they all blinded by the plumber's presence?  I haven't played Sonic Rush, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are four platformers in this week's top five that should have placed above NSMB. DAMN YOU! 

I am one of the five. Here is my reasoning. When I first got my DS I was hungry for platformers (as I always am). I got Super Princess Peach, which did not scratch the itch (and was in the DS that was stolen) (although it was my fourth vote, as it is fun though short), but found that there was a new Mario game coming out. A new proper 2D Mario platformer. Knowing that it would struggle to match what came before, I bought and played it. It was fun. Neither amazing nor revolutionary, but fun. All the other DS platformers I've played had irritating flaws that lessened the experience; NSMB, I felt, did not.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 13:11

It didn't have any standout good moments either, though. And that's how I judge my votes: did the game make me go "oooh"? Hatsworth and KPP both did, in their own ways: I can remember nearly nothing about NSMB.

I'm not saying that NSMB was bad. It wasn't. It was an average Nintendo game, which is still pretty good, and I don't regret giving it 4th place. But it just didn't excite me, at all. At least the sequel had the cannon levels.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 13:44

I think I'd have voted it top of my list. It might not be all that special in 2013 after three similar sequels, but this was a rare breed back in 2006. Familar, yes, but it almost single-handedly brought 2D platforming back in vogue; it was that good. Everyone had it. I thought that NSMB was the best game on the DS for a while, such was it's quality.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 15:57

Given that it's 2013 now, when we're voting, I'd have thought that we should be taking that into account!

Not that it matters anyway.  It clearly deserved its top placing based on the will of the people.  I don't understand its popularity, but then I don't understand a lot of things, like religion, or football, or coffee.  (Seriously, it's bitter disgusting stuff.  I can only deal with it if it's smothered in chocolate and sugar.)  I'll just revel in my specialness like the hipster I am.

NSMBU is better though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 18:19

Mas: Never gotten along with the Mega Drive Sonics. Need to play Rush though, might make me a Sonic fan - never played a 3D Sonic either so I might get along with those.

Balla: I voted NSMB first on my list as I'd not had as much fun with a 2D platformer before when I picked it up and I've not since. It brought 2D platforming back into popularity, was undoubtedly a system seller for the DS and was just a solid, tight 2D Mario game which we hadn't had for years, outside of SNES remakes.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 18:25

Definitely try Adventure and Adventure 2 Jay, they're my favourite Sonic games.

I really did like Rush but it still felt a bit speed over substance to me, I didn't get the point of the boost button at all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 21:09

3D sonic's aren't great, both adventures were half decent back in the day but have aged badly. Generations though was good and hopefully a good sign for lost worlds, 2D sonic's especially the mega drive one's made sonic and sega a household name. Of course made me a fanboy telling the nintendo fans they haven't got blast processing ohh the good old days.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013 - 21:46

andyman949 wrote:
I really did like Rush but it still felt a bit speed over substance to me, I didn't get the point of the boost button at all.

Shocked The boost button mixed with the tricks were two of the highlights of the game... even if the tricks were utterly pointless.

I gave NSMB a third place, behind Peach and Hatsworth, and one place in front of Sonic Rush.

@Phillips: Isn't Zubo an RPG with rhythm-based battles? I should really play my copy one of these days, I've had it forever.

~~~~

I can easily submit five votes this week. In fact, I've even played the original Daigasso! Band Brothers and the expansion cartridge. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 12 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next