We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 3:00

I am so so sorry it ended up being this late for the tenth and ninth votes tonight. It ended up being far later than I thought it would by the time I returned to my PC. Whether or not Zoo Keeper places remains to be seen.

So, we commence the finale of the best DS games ever vote.

We'll begin late tonight with the tenth and ninth place votes. So let's go!

Tenth Place -
Spoiler:

Ninth Place -
Spoiler:

So that's 10th and 9th out. 8th and 7th out sometime tomorrow.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 14:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 7:33

Wow, looks like one man can make a difference! Grin *shakes NintenDUCK's hand*

Looking forward to the rest of the list, and kudos to Jay for his commitment to posting results before he went to bed. :applause:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 7:59

It begins!  And two worthy starting points that I wouldn't have thought would make it (and didn't make my RPG votes, such is the quality of the genre on the DS).  This could be a top ten full of surprises...

Going to change the thread title, Jay?

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 9:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 8:46

Some going, Jay. I was only taking the mick with my comment last night, but hats off to you for doing it at 3am in the morning.

Fun fact: if this were a top eleven, I'd have voted for Zoo Keeper.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 8:55

Two first place votes for number ten?
I guess we're too small a group to actually reach a consensus? Should be fun to watch, anyway!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 9:04

I think it might be that there's no obvious runaways like there were with the Wii thread. I look forward to the next 2!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 9:05

The 10th place in the Wii Wiiks also got 20 points.  It's not unheard of!

Sorry, I missed this...

NintenDUCK wrote:
...the new pokemon had some sparks of brilliance...
What!?  Which ones?  Don't get me wrong, not all of gen. IV's Pokémon were awful, but I'm struggling to think of many "sparks of brilliance" that weren't evolutions of existing monsters.  And even then, some of those went very wrong...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 12:37

Interested to see how this turns out, I can imgagine only handful of what voted for sneaking in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 14:51

Balladeer wrote:
Going to change the thread title, Jay?
Done and done!

Phillips wrote:
Some going, Jay. I was only taking the mick with my comment last night, but hats off to you for doing it at 3am in the morning
I told you you'd get them before the night was through. Apologies I didn't write more - I was knackered, and I had to proof-read the post a few times...

Results for the eighth and seventh placed games going up this evening, around 8pm if all goes as planned!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 19:18

ZeroJones wrote:
Wow, looks like one man can make a difference! Grin *shakes NintenDUCK's hand*

Looking forward to the rest of the list, and kudos to Jay for his commitment to posting results before he went to bed. :applause:
Yay! I had hoped at least one of you guys had the smarts to vote for it *licks zero's face*

Balladeer wrote:
The 10th place in the Wii Wiiks also got 20 points.  It's not unheard of!

Sorry, I missed this...

NintenDUCK wrote:
...the new pokemon had some sparks of brilliance...
What!?  Which ones?  Don't get me wrong, not all of gen. IV's Pokémon were awful, but I'm struggling to think of many "sparks of brilliance" that weren't evolutions of existing monsters.  And even then, some of those went very wrong...
Well Palkia and Dialga are easily the best legendaries in the franchise, and then there's luxray which is probably the most badass electric type in the history of the world since ampharos. The new starters were pretty great, too. So that's six sparks, which I'm pretty sure counts as "some".
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 19:22

The starters are horrible Laughing worst ones in the series!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 19:25

A little earlier than planned, but here we go - the eighth and seventh placed games!

Eighth Place -
Spoiler:

Seventh Place -
Spoiler:

There you go! Sixth place result tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 19:29

Palkia's head is a penis, and Dialga isn't much better.  Then Empoleon's good, Torterra's average, and Infernape is shat on from a great height by Blaziken (but is at least better than Emboar) (and the trio are better than the Johto bunch by a significant way).  Luxray is all right, I guess.  There's no accounting for taste...

Still no votes of mine so far!  I really do need to try out the PW games though.  (EDIT: I am now downloading the PW Trilogy app.!)  BIS was another decent RPG that just couldn't beat the competition in my votes. Three RPGs in the first four...

As for funny comments, just do Assad comparing Obama to Mario or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 19:47

PW was my 1st place. Glad to see it make the top 10! If you haven't played it yet, make sure to pick it up in the near future. Couldn't give this game any higher praise than I already have done.

I have to agree with Balladeer with the gen 4 pokemon being a little iffy. Still hurting from Ambipom?
My main grievance was the actual layout of Sinnoh and weak supporting characters bar Cyrus.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 19:57

Vidofnir wrote:
I have to agree with Balladeer with the gen 4 pokemon being a little iffy. Still hurting from being an Ambipom?
Fixed, and yes! DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:01

I've not had any votes come out yet either, it makes me sad knowing some of those have been robbed of their rightful places by Pokemon Aww! 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:21

Technically none of my votes yet, but I did vote for a Pokemon and a Phoenix Wrigt.

andyman949 wrote:
I think it might be that there's no obvious runaways like there were with the Wii thread. I look forward to the next 2!
True, there's nothing like Galaxy on DS to absolutely run away with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:23

Balladeer wrote:
Palkia's head is a penis, and Dialga isn't much better.  Then Empoleon's good, Torterra's average, and Infernape is shat on from a great height by Blaziken (but is at least better than Emboar) (and the trio are better than the Johto bunch by a significant way).  Luxray is all right, I guess.  There's no accounting for taste...

Still no votes of mine so far!  I really do need to try out the PW games though.  (EDIT: I am now downloading the PW Trilogy app.!)  BIS was another decent RPG that just couldn't beat the competition in my votes.  Three RPGs in the first four...

As for funny comments, just do Assad comparing Obama to Mario or something like that.
So palkia may be the literal definition of a dickhead but his arms are in constant 'hug mode'. Unless you want to liken his shoulders to testicles in which case I-I...well I have nothing planned but it'll be harsh. Infernape is the only monkey I can stand to be around.
And as for luxray, all right? ALL RIGHT?! pfft, you're just being silly now...
We're agreed on Emboar though all I felt for that was hunger. 'Cuz it was a boar.

As for the results, pleased to see Bowser's insides show it's bus-sized head on the list. I can't say much about PW:AA as I've never played it though...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:40

I didn't like many of the Gen IV Pokemon, bar the Shinx family and Lucario. The legendaries were AWFUL.

The top 5 is pretty surprising, I'll say that much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2013 - 20:55

Don't get me started on Arceus...

EDIT: Having started Ace Attorney, I feel that had I played these games when I should have, in the format I should have, AA might have jumped up a few slots. What a game. Thank you, thread! Grin 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 15:48

Ace Attorney is one of the DS greats, without a doubt. From here, I can see three of my top ten making our collective top six.

~

On another note, my vote thread is ready to go - I've typed out the opening post, said what's allowed and what's debatable. As I'm about to start a postgraduate degree I'm eager to start it as soon as possible, be it this week or next. If someone else is wanting to take it off of my hands they're more than welcome to do so.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 15:50

I imagine that Jay's thread will end on Sunday. I for one would be fine with kicking straight into your thread on the Monday morning, but others might differ.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:05

Start yours Late Sunday or Monday Phillps really interest what your vote thing is.

No game I voted for has appeared yet.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:06

I was thinking of starting it on Sunday night and giving it a week, then spreading the results over the course of another week. That way it would be done and dusted by the end of September. I don't want it to go on any longer than that, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:09

Yeah sounds like a plan then in 2 weeks time after yours I could do my console vote, can we get a better top 10 then EDGE (PS2 best console of all time your having a laugh). Which will get us closer to Zeros Wii U birthday thread in November.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 20 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next