We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic kids and other shows

Go down 
+10
Tokyo_Sonata
Jimbob
oldschool
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
Balladeer
beemoh
shanks
Admin
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Classic kids and other shows Empty
PostSubject: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:16

I was on IGN a few days ago and seen they are doing, a top 25 mighty morphin power rangers as in august it is 20 years old (makes me feel old). So did any of you guys watch it (thinking Kimberley was cute), or other shows like it as a kid.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 13 Jul 2013 - 15:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:14

I was too old for Power Rangers, but I will forever adore Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Even the mention of the title trasforms me back into a gleeful little eight-year-old to this day.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 3:55

Weren't the Ninjas these turtles?

Yeah I remember back in the day watching the turtles and Inspector Gadget who I absolutely loved as a kid so much so I had the "action figure" of where he could do anything and even had the gadget mobile.

Also had the turtle figure until I lost Donatello.

But yeah I do remember the Power Rangers as I was on the borderline of being too old for it but I didn't really care as I thought the Megazords were cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 10:16

Original in the UK they were hero's as some reason they didn't think they could be minjas, yet teenage mutant and turtles. why not aliens (wait a minute) then. used to love watching it, transformers, street sharks all great. I used to have hundreds of toys, I wish I kept some of it as you look on eBay at power rangers stuff.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:06

Relatedley, here's what a bunch of Rugrats and Hey Arnold characters would look like as twentysomething hipsters.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:32

I never got into the Turtles: I think they were a bit too early for me. I was a Power Rangers and Mighty Max fan. Even in retrospect, the toys were brilliant, especially the Zords which combined when you got the set. No doubt expensive, though.

Also, Pokémon, like every other child my age. "Pikachu! The horn!" Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:34

I still watch Pokemon to this day even if it's kinda crap now
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:38

"Now"? The anime, in retrospect, has always been rubbish, as evinced by that quote. Apart from the first film, which I still maintain was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:49

It started getting all subtle messagy, Movie wise I liked the fourth
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 7:27

Turtles was more my thing, too. I saw the Power Rangers come in but was probably too busy playing Yoshi's Island to muster up much enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013 - 21:12

I'm in the same boat as shanks but I have yet to catch up on the more recent seasons. And as for the films the second one was my favourite, the eighth one was good too.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:49

I go way back to black & white series from the 1960s, but because I had kids, I watched a lot of cartoons during the 90s and 00s.  I have to say that Power Rangers is at the top of my list as shows that seriously sucked.  Transformers follows just a litte behind them.  I really don't understand the attraction for those shows in the slightest.

For me as a kid, I watched and loved the very first anime series, Astro Boy, Prince Planet, Marine Boy, Space Ace (not the crappy American series) and Kimba the White Lion.  I do remember them very fondly.  During my child raising days, I really enjoyed even more anime, especially Sailor Moon and Digimon.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 15:55

Captain Planet.. Who has seen that?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:01

shanks wrote:
Me! He was one of my favourites, back in the day, along with Count Duckula and Animaniacs (though mainly for Pinky And The Brain).
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:11

ZeroJones wrote:
(though mainly for Pinky And The Brain).
I was desperately trying to find Pinky's "sad meals" line... nowhere on YouTube...

I was sort of too old for Power Rangers. But if you're talking of classic kids TV:
Challenge, 10:30 PM: Knightmare
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 3:42

Oh yeah I remember the Animaniacs I loved them mainly for them as the other cartoons apart from Pikny and the Brain weren't that great.
And since you mentioned Cound Duckula, Darkwing duck sprang to mind which was cool back in the day
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 13:49

Jimbob wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
(though mainly for Pinky And The Brain).
I was desperately trying to find Pinky's "sad meals" line... nowhere on YouTube...

I was sort of too old for Power Rangers. But if you're talking of classic kids TV:
Challenge, 10:30 PM: Knightmare

Someone should track those four kids down, see if they haven't finally killed themselves out of embarrassment. And if any of them have passed their driving test.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 20:48

It's not really a kids show but fresh prince, and remember BBC Two used to be so great as that simpsons & star trek used to be on.
Back to top Go down
Tokyo_Sonata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 14:40

Oh man I was a huge Power Rangers fan back in the day, I watched it religiously until Power Rangers in Space came to an end. Super predictable but Green Ranger was always my favourite, though to be honest I have never understood why so many people seem to have / had a crush on Kimberly, she's always been really average in the looks department and in personality she has always been my least favourite of the original 6 Rangers.

It still saddens me though knowing that quite a few people from the show have since died, that's the trouble with looking back at things you used to watch Aww! 

I watched most of the current series a few months back (Power Rangers Megaforce) but of course it's just not the same (though still a huge improvement over Power Rangers Samurai).
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 14:58

Tokyo_Sonata wrote:
original 6 Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Tokyo_Sonata
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 15:23

^ I don't get it Meh 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 15:46

Possibly the green/white ranger being an add-on?
Back to top Go down
Tokyo_Sonata
Tokyo_Sonata

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 15:52

Ah yeah actually that makes sense, damn heat messing with my brain Duh!  I'm unsure whether to say original 5 or 6 to be honest, granted to begin with there were only 5 members and the 6th was added on, but the 6 together were still the first group of Power Rangers. (plus every team afterwards gains a 6th member too, so Green is kind of an original too, right? right?!)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:48

I was never really into fightingy tv shows. Recess and Scooby Doo would always be my faves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 19:32

ZeroJones wrote:
shanks wrote:
Me! He was one of my favourites, back in the day, along with Count Duckula and Animaniacs (though mainly for Pinky And The Brain).

Count Duckula! I have every episode of that in one gigantic DVD box-set. Embarrassed It's not quite as consistent humour-wise as Danger Mouse, but it's still a thousand times better that any kids crap on the telly these days. SpongeBob excluded. I positively adore the first three series' of SpongeBob Squarepants, but after that Stephen Hillenburg resigned and it took a major nosedive. At its peak, it was superbly surreal and had some fantastic character interactions. Am I reading into a kids' cartoon a bit too much? Probably.

Anyone remember the two completely different Sonic cartoons? One that was a pile of arse and one that was the best thing ever?

Oh, and the first Pokémon movie was complete shit. I actually went to see that at the cinema with my much younger sibling. And I didn't even receive my Legendary Mew card. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic kids and other shows   Classic kids and other shows Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic kids and other shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next