We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Do You Do With The Stylus...

Go down 
+12
masofdas
shanks
fronkhead
Rum
Treesmurf
beemoh
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Balladeer
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What Do You Do With The Stylus... Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:04

...when you're playing a game that requires it only some of the time? Animal Crossing: New Leaf, say? Do you hold it all the time? Put it down? Put it back in the 3DS every time? Or put it in your [REDACTED]?

I should really stop putting it in my mouth. Probably not good for the stylus or me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:10

Usually still hold it, slightly awkwardly, in my right hand. Unless it's a VC game or something else where I genuinely don't need it - in those cases, I mostly put it down somewhere nearby. Never lost it, either! Grin
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:22

Pull it in and out each time I need it pretty much. It's why the Stylus in my ds lite is only lodged in the system now, it wore the nub at the tip down so it doesn't hook in properly now.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 21:43

ZeroJones wrote:
Usually still hold it, slightly awkwardly, in my right hand.
Yep, me too. I think it sort-of sits loosely between my middle and ring fingers. I've got to go and try this now... *plays AC for 3 hours*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:00

Same as Zero Jones and Jimbob, with the exception that I've lost loads of them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:06

I used to do what Athrun did, but the nib that "locks" in the stylus to the DS has eroded away, so I just hold it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:33

Balladeer wrote:
I should really stop putting it in my mouth.  Probably not good for the stylus or me.

Especially if it's just been in your [REDACTED].
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:43

I'll usually just put it in and out, in the case of Animal Crossing I'll keep hold when I'm playing online for quick typing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 1:18

I usually just put it in and out, and occasionally into my mouth.

OOPS, PARDON
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 1:42

I only use the stylus for drawing now, I can't think of a 3DS game that isn't Kid Icarus or Theatrhythm where I've had to use the stylus -- my fingertip works better in 99% of other cases.

I even use two thumbs to type on the lower screen keyboard of Animal Crossing, which is far faster and efficient than a stylus.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 3:35

I use it on rare occasions like in AC I'll use it to get stuff out of the drop box and then I'll hang on to it a bit and put ot back in it's slot. Other then that I don't really use it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 8:59

Only use now and again, when i do its either awkward holding it or in the mouth (naughty) .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 10:37

sporkhead wrote:
I only use the stylus for drawing now, I can't think of a 3DS game that isn't Kid Icarus or Theatrhythm where I've had to use the stylus -- my fingertip works better in 99% of other cases.

But smudges! Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 10:44

I some how have smudges on my top screen which I still have no idea how they get there
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 19:17

I put it back in its holster each time I stop using it, for some reason I cannot hold the Ds in two hands alongside the stylus without it becoming uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 21:12

Balladeer wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

But smudges! Aww!

After capacitive finger-friendly multitouch screens on smartphones and tablets I'm not bothered anymore by the smudges (which I do wipe off if the 3DS itself gets greasy, thanks to its glossy finish), I used to be though.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 22:14

Stylus? I lost mine ages ago somewhere in the vicinity of my [REDACTED] I don't have an xl so my thumbs have full coverage of the touch screen. My right thumb reaching the far left side and vice versa. This is what opposable thumbs are for, see. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 11:55

I usually have it resting in between my index & middle fingers while still holding the 3ds.....when I'm drawing something though & stop for a bit it tends to end up in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 11:17

I always shove it up my [REDACTED]

I hardly ever use the stylus; exceptions on 3DS being stylus-intensive games like Kid Icarus and Theatrhythm. For games like Animal Crossing, I simply use my index finger. Not bothered about smudges on the touchscreen anymore, but how hard is it to clean that top screen?!

The last time I intensively used the stylus was on my old soap-blue DS Lite. The little notch has worn away and it falls out of the unit if I forget to pick it up from the correct end.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do With The Stylus...   What Do You Do With The Stylus... Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do With The Stylus...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: