Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's Your Hangover Cure?

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Admin
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
beemoh
Athrun888
shanks
oldschool
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
14 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

What's Your Hangover Cure? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 11:16

I'm dying here. Aww! 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 11:22

Pace myself and drink lots of water the night before. And yes, I realise how unhelpful this is after the event. Best bet is, again, to drink lots of water.

With the arrival of M&L:DTB, I'm finding that extensive 3DS play with the 3D turned up has much the same effect, but without the nausea. Again, water is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 12:38

Don't drink alcohol .............. although I think that advice is a tad late.

I have never been drunk, or even close to it as I have never consumed alcohol in anything more than a taste, of which all I resolutely hated.

Last edited by oldschool on Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 1:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 13:21

I don't know for all the amounts I drink I don't get any hangovers Eh? 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 13:34

I second not drinking, it works well for me.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 14:03

Not stopping drinking. I've been pissed out of my tree constantly for the past fifteen years.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 15:25

I usually just drink some tea & eat something I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 17:01

Can of Irn Bru, something greasy (chip shop food is recommended) and then lots of water to follow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 19:48

Tea is the only thing that I can stomach after a gut-full, and even then only in extreme moderation. I literally can't eat anything for most of the day afterwards.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:34

I've only properly had one and it was awful. I still remember walking around work feeling like death. I'm much more likely to have been sick before I've drunk enough to get one now so I'm pretty lucky(?) there!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 10:21

Mostly just sticking it out until a certain point in the afternoon when I have an extremely offensive [REDACTED]. After that, everything settles back to normal. Alcohol goes to my stomach and not my head, y'see. Someone I know swears by Lucozade, though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 12:34

beemoh wrote:
Not stopping drinking. I've been pissed out of my tree constantly for the past fifteen years.

This was my plan from the age 18 until about 20.

Now i just say lots of sleep, water or orange juice and then a fried egg sandwich. Oh and multi pre chips of tea, but normally I can't be arsed to make tea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 13:41

Look at your wallet.. Sulk 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 1:57

Aye sleep is another good cure.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 2:27

Alcohol makes it quite easy to fall asleep and hard to stay asleep, though, so if you wake up with a hangover then you're probably going to struggle to doze off again.

When I've been hungover it's always a cup of tea, glass of water, cereal (Shreddies or something, not like, Frosties, obvs) or toast (with peanut butter or cheese or something)... I can't really handle anything sweet when I'm hungover so Irn Bru or something is pretty much out of the question. Like Jay said, just eat some grease. A fry up! Although I never have the energy to make a fry up in the morning full stop, never mind if my head feels like a badger's arse. There's a bar across the road from me which does pretty rad all day fry ups, so just cart yourself out to the nearest greasy spoon and get them to cater for your delicate state.

Of course, if you're INCREDIBLY hungover, so much so that you can't really move, all I advise is to have water every once in a while - though if you have too much you might throw up so baby steps. (That has happened to me. Not that I ever actually got to the stage of vomiting, but had I drank a little bit more water I know my stomach wouldn't have been able to handle it.)

My friend's ex-boyfriend made him eat melon and oranges etc when he was hungover once. It was all with the best of intentions but obviously it's an utterly ridiculous hangover cure - more acid!

Get well soon Florps xxxxx
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 2:58

What worked best Phillips? I may need this tomorrow morning (Monty was close to appearing tonight, that may give you an understanding)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 10:55

There was no cure that day - I ended up staying in my room, hungover to buggery, until I went to sleep into the Monday morning. I've had some almighty sessions in my time, but that one ranks in the top ten. I was told by my mates that I was a total mess in town, before falling asleep in a takeaway, using a box of chips as a pillow on the counter.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 11:57

Phillips wrote:
I was told by my mates that I was a total mess in town, before falling asleep in a takeaway, using a box of chips as a pillow on the counter.

Laughing 

Brilliant. I'm surprisingly fine this morning, there's like three cans of Coke by my bed though so I think I chugged those before I slept, maybe that helped?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013 - 17:52

It probably did, Jay. Staying hydrated on a night out is definitely the way to go - I was out in Grassmarket last night but felt fine this morning as I had about five pints of water throughout. I'll need to remember to do that in the future.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013 - 21:14

Ah, Grassmarket. What pubs did you visit?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 14:31

Turns out, going to Morrison's and getting breakfast is pretty good, but I don't foresee myself feeling better any time today.
Also, bump!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 15:52

I still swear by a can of Irn Bru and a bacon roll - apart from one time where I chucked it all up afterwards.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 18:03

I'll drink to that, Jay. I was rough as arseholes this morning. I co-presented a radio show at lunchtime - Irn Bru and a roll and sausage saw me through.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 18:17

Whats a Hangover?

I've not had one since I was 14 (underage drinking is not advised to anyone reading this) which made not touch a drop till I was 22 ish and not had one at all. Even the night I tried to sleep on mates car roof who was picking us up from a night on the town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Hangover Cure?   What's Your Hangover Cure? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Hangover Cure?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: