We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome! Introduce yourself

Go down 
+90
Crash
Tsunade
kerr9000
Raxicori
Slayerx
Spiralcannon2-CW
ssmmdd
ThorOfAsgard
Marzy
DarrenK
STChocoEX
RichardUK
Pineapple
furiosum
Wrathy
euan707
EofGizmo
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
flora-chan
Dead Lemon
gjones
Fastpie
Saul Iscariot
Buskalilly
Luigi442wii
2grundies
The Christ
Kosmikat
Cube
RyanE694
Monty_The_Mole
jennytablina
awesomedude
Zaphod_B
MatthewNG
Reggie Fils-Aime
Santa Claus
Tingle
Sammy Snake
Another heron
A heron
nupkin
ZeroSuitSamus2
Xenos_Helia
The Cappuccino Kid
Chris Scullion
SuperPaperLink
Slazo
JayMoyles
Sentinator
Linkyshinks
Vidofnir
Rum
spacemanDOUG
fronkhead
LikesVideoGames
masofdas
SquidgyGoat
TGN Professor
skyluigi
Kezz182
Nick_E
NintenDUCK
Xelviar
ShadoWolf
Treesmurf
Darunia
rbt2
NonShinyGoose
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
hammster
Yirba
Silver light
shanks
wenywoowoo
Fancy Fancy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Axis1500
Admin
94 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: He's finally here! Performing for you... DK! Darren Kerwin!   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:02

Hey GNamer!

My name is Darren, i'm new here! I thought that forums were pretty much dead outside of Reddit these days, so I figured I would join and see what was happening! So, I guess you want an introduction?

Well I guess the important thing is that i'm a huge gamer, but Nintendo has always been a huge passion and probably always will be. I head a Metroid fan community called Shinesparkers and have directed and produced fan-arrangement albums focused on various video games. I have also written for a few Nintendo news sites and publications over the years, but have decided to rest that in favour of a focus on my music. I am currently doing vocals for various projects across 2016, hopefully i'll improve my skills and become the musician i've always wanted to be. My favourite video game is Metroid Prime. I got into Nintendo via the Pokémon and Super Smash Bros series, and my first Nintendo game was Super Mario World.

I already recognise a few names from Twitter, where you'll normally find me hanging out, so it will be great to connect with some of those people in more depth here. Hope to meet some new friends! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shinesparkers.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:44

Another musician!?  I think we all know what this means...

Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 LHUYyey

I kid, natch.  Welcome Darren!  Hope you enjoy your stay here, we're a friendly bunch (mostly). Smile Metroid Prime's a grand shout for favourite game, in my top five for certain.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:45

Welcome Darren!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:30

Balladeer wrote:
Another musician!?  I think we all know what this means...

Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 LHUYyey

I kid, natch.  Welcome Darren!  Hope you enjoy your stay here, we're a friendly bunch (mostly). Smile Metroid Prime's a grand shout for favourite game, in my top five for certain.

Haha thanks! I would say I have a long way to go before I can earn the title of musician, but I am going to give it my all!

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Welcome Darren!

Thanks OrangeRakoon! I hope I stick around and don't give up on this place like I have done with prior forums. But if I do, all I can say is that so far, i'm enjoying it! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:25

Welcome! This is a pretty good bunch, doesn't really feel like a forum so much as some mates hanging out.
Balladeer wrote:
we're a friendly bunch (mostly)

Get bent, jerkface.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:31

Sadly there are a few twerps on any forum you visit.

Balladeer
Back to top Go down
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:52

Drunkalilly wrote:
Welcome! This is a pretty good bunch, doesn't really feel like a forum so much as some mates hanging out.
Balladeer wrote:
we're a friendly bunch (mostly)

Get bent, jerkface.

Haha! Thanks Razz Well I hope I become one of those 'mates' here and we can all have a good laugh together!

Balladeer wrote:

Balladeer

Of course, but it depends how far they go to make other peoples lives miserable. I took a quick look through the list and I THINK I can cope with most of them Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 17:02

Glad you've made it over Darren in the end, hope you don't find this forum dead like some.

Also didn't know about your video game writing history especially with Nintendo whom are a pain every time I've spoke to them about Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 17:12

masofdas wrote:
Glad you've made it over Darren in the end, hope you don't find this forum dead like some.

Also didn't know about your video game writing history especially with Nintendo whom are a pain every time I've spoke to them about Gintendo.

Thanks for the welcome! It's not a huge deal, I only started doing the writing thing when I had friends tell me they valued what I thought of certain games...so that was all I needed. I used to write or Nintendo Insider and more recently Nintendo Feed. Both great sites, great people but unfortunately for a number of reasons I decided it was best to focus on something I enjoyed. I felt I could still give my opinions on games to friends without the massive audience that was quick to jump on them and attack.

It was something I enjoyed and maybe i'll go back to it in the future. But for now? I'm focusing on the music! Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:19

Balladeer wrote:

Balladeer

........And this is why they call you Balladeer the bawbag. Razz

----

Welcome DarrenK, always good to see new faces board the fine ship GNamer. Wave
Back to top Go down
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:26

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Balladeer

........And this is why they call you Balladeer the bawbag. Razz

----

Welcome DarrenK, always good to see new faces board the fine ship GNamer. Wave

Thanks! It's great to be here! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:26

Hi Darren - welcome to the good ship GNamer. I'm gonna jump straight in with an apology - I'm really sorry for that post where I compared you to Katie Hopkins or Michael Pachter.
We're a friendly bunch here on this forum; there aren't many instances of people being arseholes (and usually anything that could be conceived as negativity is said as #bantz, with the knowledge of those on both the giving and receiving end that no harm is meant), but that was definitely me being one right there. You once had an opinion on something to do with in Metroid that I didn't agree with; that's not remotely the same as negatively stereotyping large members of society from the safety of print media based on a limited or deliberately false set of data.
If someone else had written that and I'd read it, I'd think "what a tosser". I really hope that I haven't left you feeling that way. We always try and leave people with a good friendly first impression here, and I've essentially done the complete opposite of that. Once again, I'm sorry.
I'm not just apologising because you're here - I think I'd look at that original post as sloppy work at any time, and really should have removed that lazy (and I assume drunk) writing. Right now we need as many Ninty fans as we can get, so please don't shirk from this place on the part of what I wrote.

But if Pachter shows up here, I ain't apologising for shit Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:52

Jimbob wrote:
Hi Darren - welcome to the good ship GNamer. I'm gonna jump straight in with an apology - I'm really sorry for that post where I compared you to Katie Hopkins or Michael Pachter.
We're a friendly bunch here on this forum; there aren't many instances of people being arseholes (and usually anything that could be conceived as negativity is said as #bantz, with the knowledge of those on both the giving and receiving end that no harm is meant), but that was definitely me being one right there. You once had an opinion on something to do with in Metroid that I didn't agree with; that's not remotely the same as negatively stereotyping large members of society from the safety of print media based on a limited or deliberately false set of data.
If someone else had written that and I'd read it, I'd think "what a tosser". I really hope that I haven't left you feeling that way. We always try and leave people with a good friendly first impression here, and I've essentially done the complete opposite of that. Once again, I'm sorry.
I'm not just apologising because you're here - I think I'd look at that original post as sloppy work at any time, and really should have removed that lazy (and I assume drunk) writing. Right now we need as many Ninty fans as we can get, so please don't shirk from this place on the part of what I wrote.

But if Pachter shows up here, I ain't apologising for shit Laughing

Thanks for the apology! And thanks for the welcome. Look, i'm really not sure what to say about what you wrote, but it isn't going to make me disappear from the forums or anything. I'm happy to be here! I've been wanting to join a small and friendly forum for a while, and since I already know a few people here it just seemed like a good place! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:58

It is a good place - I promise you that.

Uh, if anyone wants me to stay away for a bit, you're welcome to say. I feel like a bit of an arsehole. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 21:02

I thought that was a belter of an apology myself, although it's obviously not for me to say whether you've offended Darren or not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 21:02

Don't be silly Jimbob, you've been big enough and apologised for it so hopefully you's can both just forget about it and move on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 21:16

Good to see you over here Darren! I'm sorry we couldn't get the username malarkey sorted out. I'm off to read all your posts now, looking forward to it!

Welcome aboard the good ship GNamer! ...newbies are cabin boys, get sweeping. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 21:57

JayMoyles wrote:
Good to see you over here Darren! I'm sorry we couldn't get the username malarkey sorted out. I'm off to read all your posts now, looking forward to it!

Welcome aboard the good ship GNamer! ...newbies are cabin boys, get sweeping. Razz

Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far! I hope I an stick with it and keep posting, because its been a while since I really did that with a forum. I've pinned it to the top of my browser so I can check it out daily Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 22:21

Great to hear! We're a small but tightly knit community here. Visiting here's always a highlight for me, so fingers crossed it'll become that for you too. Grin
Back to top Go down
Marzy
Ejected into the Lava
Marzy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 18:56

Brothers and sisters! It's me, Marzy. :witch: You may remember me from such forums as, NGamer.

Afraid

Darren reminded me of the place today, I had forgotten about it. Will try to stick around more, since all the forums I used to post on have died, so it would be pretty nice to have a place to discuss games and other stuff again in more than 150 characters. Good to see familiar faces still around, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 19:02

Marzy wrote:
Brothers and sisters! It's me, Marzy. :witch:  You may remember me from such forums as, NGamer.

Afraid

Darren reminded me of the place today, I had forgotten about it. Will try to stick around more, since all the forums I used to post on have died, so it would be pretty nice to have a place to discuss games and other stuff again in more than 150 characters. Good to see familiar faces still around, too. Smile

Welcome back Marzy! I just noticed your name in the Memberlist and I thought i'd invite you back over! I need someone to uhh....forum with.

JayMoyles wrote:
Great to hear! We're a small but tightly knit community here. Visiting here's always a highlight for me, so fingers crossed it'll become that for you too. Grin

I hope so too! Always nice to meet new people and make good friends via communities like these.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 21:14

Marzy wrote:
Brothers and sisters! It's me, Marzy. :witch:  You may remember me from such forums as, NGamer.

Afraid

Wahey! Welcome back, sir! Always glad to see a returning face. Grin
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 21:26

Getting busy around here now Razz Hi Marzy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
A heron
Ejected into the Lava
A heron

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 21:29

ALL OF THESE NEWBIES MUST BE EXTERRRRRRRRRRRMINATED FOR THE GLORY OF THE ROBOTIC HERON RACE.

er yeah hi marzy
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 21:31

Hide your pots, hide your pans. He's back. No

I still miss your copypasta Heron. Post it again, for old NGamer times sake?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself   Welcome! Introduce yourself - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Introduce yourself
Page 25 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Forum Feedback/News-
Jump to: