We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound

Go down 
+6
Athrun888
masofdas
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
10 posters
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound Empty
PostSubject: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 23:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNrmEyjUOM

Set your faces to cringe.

Also, the people doing the graphics seem to have forgotten that Rufus doesn't have his 'tache any more.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 0:07

It wouldn't sell me on a Wii U on it's own. Yet I think it's better than that Pikmin 3 advert which for some mystifying reason shows a guy playing a 3DS, which of course doesn't support Pikmin 3. Mad.

Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 8:20

Wow, he really did it. He hasn't got any hair on that face at all. Well, he has eyebrows, but still.
Anywho, personally I kinda enjoyed that erm video? Does that count as an ad?
I'd actually quite like to see this on tv sometime, Ninja 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 8:49

Without his trademark moustache he just looks like a bloke. Unusual.

For me they could just have cut it down to the final two seconds to get the most important message people were missing around Christmas time: it's a new console! Rolling Eyes Better late than never. I suspect this won't do much for Wii U sales.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 12:14

At least nintendo are trying.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 15:40

Honestly after watching that I have been left wondering are Nintendo trying to help the Wii U or bury it? One of the big problems with the Wii U is that not many people recognise it's a brand new system that is supposed to replace the original Wii, and that advertisement seems to do nothing but reinforce the belief that the gamepad is simply an expansion to the already existing Wii, and the important part of the ad, the fact it is also a console and not just a controller, is stuffed right at the end of the ad with barely any airtime.

The system needs a new push, but advertising the gamepad and pretending the console doesn't exist until the end of the ad is not the way to do it Nintendo! Duh! 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 18:35

Hey, at least it has the "new console" thing. And mentions "Nintendo games in HD".

We're really starved for adverts, aren't we. Aww! 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 20:53

So. Part 2 of this series is now up.
Rufus Hound explains why the eShop is like a Sandwich. Yes, really.

And he promotes The Cave too, which is a plus in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SK8amBM3cU

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 15:26

Again, difficult to see how this will sell consoles on its own. Few people outside gaming will know what The Cave or Little Inferno are. If you're a PS360 owner, you're likely to have played Arkham City and Assassin's Creed 3 already and not give two figs about Nintendo's past hits.

Finally, can someone please update the titles so that we can take into account that Rufus Hound no longer has moustache? It's shoddy.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 15:53

If you're a PS3 gamer you'll probably hve got the shite fest that is The Cave free with PS+ too so that's not even a selling point.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 16:01

Ah, "shitefest", I'll have to steal that and use it for myself sometime.

That advert was, well, a shitefest. I sense that it'll to more for Rufus Hound's career than it will for the Wii U...and I think it'll do f**k all for Hound's career. Less "The Wii U Difference", more "Much The Same As Last Time, And On Every Other Home Console Released Since 2005".

Wheel in Rik Mayall for next time. The kids'll love him.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 1:18

andyman949 wrote:
If you're a PS3 gamer you'll probably hve got the shite fest that is The Cave free with PS+ too so that's not even a selling point.
How dare you!
The Cave is criminally under-rated. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 17:25

Part 3 - Entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bq4PlUG3AY

(I don't know about you, but these seem to be getting worse each time?)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 17:51

I've stopped watching them after II. There's only so much a man can take. No 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 20:51

I saw the first, and being the simpleton that I am, I chuckled a bit. Then I read what I'm about to post in a sec, and in an instant, I realised that Nintendo are doing it completely wrong...

Taken from Metro Gamecentral's letters page :

"I’m getting really fed up with terrible Nintendo ads, terrible Nintendo ads like this. (This one doesn’t even make it abundantly clear that the Wii U GamePad is indeed not just an add-on for the original Wii).

So I’ve decided to come up with my own (inspired by tales of how Shigeru Miyamoto’s childhood play influenced his games):

We see a young Japanese boy playing in an idyllic valley. A bittersweet melody is plucked out on a guitar. A gravelly Japanese voiceover explains, with English subtitles, ‘When I was a boy, we didn’t have video games, we had to use our imaginations’. A caption appears, reading ‘Shigeru Miyamoto, legendary games designer’ [taking the liberty of putting words in his mouth here!]

We see the present Miyamoto seated in a chair, caught up in recollections. In his hands, the Wii U GamePad. He scrolls through photos of his younger self, selecting them on the pad and viewing them on a large TV on the other side of the room. ‘When people ask how I created my worlds, I tell them I didn’t create them – they created me.’

The music quickens. We see the boy running through the forest, leaping over a fallen tree, and jump cut to in-game footage of Mario leaping an obstacle. We see a bottle cap glistening on the forest floor, the boy crouches and plucks it from among the fallen leaves. Jump cut to pikmin carrying a bottle cap back to their ship.

Back to the boy, he battles a friend with crudely-made wooden sword, and then jump to Link doing battle in glorious high definition. Next we see the boy and his friends pushing a go-kart made from old crates and pram wheels down a hill, and jump to footage of Mario Kart in action. Back in his room, Miyamoto looks at a photo of himself and his young friends with their kart, and smiles softly. ‘That was my world, but this one…belongs to you.’

Suddenly, the music ups gear dramatically, becomes pounding rock, and we see a rapid montage of Wii U games, interspersed with images of people playing with the GamePad, cycling through game menus, drawing cool pictures, using it to aim, etc. Abruptly, the montage ends, we see the old Miyamoto laughing heartily… and the final caption appears, ‘Wii U. Our new console. Wii built it, but U make it great.’ (Or some such marketing slogan guff.) The end.

While it’s not for me to assume that I can do better than actual professional marketing people, I think every single Nintendo fan reading this could do just as well, if not better than the real ads.
Pseudoscorpion (Nintendo ID)"

Just imagining this being the new WiiU ad gave me goosebumps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound   The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U Difference, with Rufus Hound
Page 1 of 1