We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 20:44

Some strange ones, Buska was on about morse code and seems a few games will be using it including The Order on PS4 which use the touch-pad to send morse code. Which sounds cool not sure when in the game or if it's for multiplayer if the game has it, will have to wait and see.

Also went to local indy game shop whom have three used xbox ones, any was talking to the guy in there. One of the Xbones was traded in for a PS4 which kinda makes sense the other two were traded in for xbox 360's with one guy saying there's no games on the Xbone and that the games look the same. Which is Duh! the Xbone has only just come out and the devs need time to get used to the hardware, looks at PDZ & GTAV shows what you can do with time and what a games libary can look like after 8 years(ish). Why are people, so impatient now and seem want to what all the games now, yes I'm kinda contradicting myself as I moan about the Wii U lacking "quality" games but that has been out 15 months now not 3.

Just look what other systems had released in there first 15months, you might get my gripe.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 21:30

I still think they shot themselves in the foot with a lack of backwards compatibility.

I was Wii60 last-gen, so for me, even at full whack, a PS4 would be a good purchase- get a PS4 and a load of PSN Store credit, hoover up the important PS3 exclusives I missed and then, unlike with buying a PS3 today on the cheap, I'd be ready to roll straight into next-gen when it finally gets going.

I understand there are good technical reasons as to why they haven't done it, but it's still a pisser.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 0:14

I would definitely have been more interested in a PS4 if it played PS3 games. As it is, my Wii u and my PS3 will probably keep me satisfied for a fair while, unless I get an unforeseen payrise. If the PS4 can play blu rays and the PS3 can be shrunk to a little Wii-sized box, I'm sure backwards compatibility can't have been too impossible. And with the Xbox One, 360 compatibility would be a much nicer proposition than mandatory Kinect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 17:58

Well we know PS4 will have legendary PlayStation games (how they put it) via Now for instance.

But to me BC is cool but in till the PS2, I can't remember people going I wished my N64 played SNES games and how many people played xbox games on there 360. I remember Cliffy B tweeting a stat and it was a tiny % that did and he then went on rant about how everyone want's it but no one actually uses it.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 21 Feb 2014 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 18:56

That's because BC is relatively new so I'm agreeing with Buska here, maybe its because I was a late adoptor of ps3 but with the likes of dark souls 2 coming up my gaming needs are covered well with my wiiU & ps3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 19:02

Yeah it's fairly knew but I'm saying know seemd bothered to even think about it back in the day.

Also with no BC it's a way to make more money just look at all the HD ports on 360 & PS3 there are. We've all ready seen tomb raider & rayman legends get scrubbed up version on next gen , so what's not say there will be more like the rumored last of us and beyond two souls.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 19:06

If I could be arsed to wade through the rest of his stuff, I'd find the quote from Yahtzee about art not existing to serve the medium. I hope we're near the end of the modern concept of consoles.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 19:16

masofdas wrote:
But to me BC is cool but in till the PS2, I can't remember people going I wished my N64 played SNES games and how many people played xbox games on there 360. I remember Cliffy B tweeting a stat and it was a tiny % that did and he they went on rant about how everyone want's it but no one actually uses it.

You see, he says that, but he's still quite happy to take that tiny percentage's £6 for the first Unreal on Steam.

Thing is, this isn't the SNES-to-N64 era where you have understandable hardware issues (different sized cartridges, wildly different controllers) preventing immediate cross-compatibility, and retail would eventually reduce SNES stock to make way for N64. Even then that's not really the right question to ask- nobody bought VHS/DVD combi units, but that doesn't mean people stopped wanting to watch stuff from before DVDs were invented. Hell, there's still places near me offering conversion from cine film, and people lost interest in that in the 1970s.

Everything now is using what is, to the layman, the same disc, controlled with very similar pads and for the first time we're coming out of a generation where not only are downloaded games are an equal part of the experience, but also multimedia capabilities are as much part of the draw as the games. When you consider that the console is effectively backwards-compatible with Netflix (or DVD/BD, or Music CD, or MP3) it seems odd that the games aren't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptySat 22 Feb 2014 - 17:23

@Buska

I hope consoles stay the same

@beemoh

It could be due to PS3 being very different architecture then PS4 but 360 & One not much. But I think it could be down to resell you the game and for what you would get for selling a 360 & PS3 you might aswell keep them and play games on them still.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 10:51

A thing I was pondering while designing a Bowser-based RPG in my head (as you do): apart from the controls, would it be technically possible to port Gamecube games to the 3DS? I know that we had N64 games on the DS, but now we seem to be more N64 games on the 3DS, while GC games have migrated to the Wii U. Would there be a problem getting all the data off the GC discs into a cartridge?

(Basically I'd like to have TTYD on the go.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 11:04

Can't see why not tales of abyss was a ps2 game and so was mgs3, there both on 3DS. So can't be that much different.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2014 - 11:01

Forgot about those two (although TotA deserves to be forgotten about). So yes, sounds possible. I'd love to see a proper Paper Mario on the 3DS, but I doubt it'll happen now. Oh well - there's still the Wii U's version to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 19:21

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 19:32

No love for Half-Life 2, Mas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 19:47

I didn't play in till the orange box, and it was absolute rubbish. I've never even seen anything on it why people like it, I don't like fallout 3 for instance but can understand why Andy likes it but this nope can't see it myself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 20:15

masofdas wrote:
I didn't play in till the orange box, and it was absolute rubbish

What?! It's probably the best FPS I've ever played and I'm not alone with that opinion. Why did you not like it?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014 - 21:05

This is Mas "SonicCOD Infinite" Ofdas we're talking to here, don't be surprised that he disliked Half Life 2 or it'll be Mario Galaxy all over again...
On the question of why we're not seeing GameCube games on 3DS more often, I think it's because when you're getting into that generation of gaming, porting is a lot trickier. Things used all different chip sets and that to get maximum performance. But when you port a DS game, you know the basic code will work and you go from there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 8:55

But PS2 games have been ported to the 3DS and isn't Tekken on the 3DS based of 5 and monster hunter was originally a Wii game in till it came out in ultimate form. So to me it can be done if they wanted to but personally I would sooner see them on the Wii U VC not on the 3DS or HD versions like Wind Waker was.

@Jay Yeah some say it's even the fav game of all time, like I said I didn't play it in till the orange box as never had a PC to run it & some reason didn't buy it on the OG Xbox. So when I played it was old and played like a old game which I can get over as I could play any of those 11 FPS's right now and have fun with them but HL2 just couldn't get into and there's always been this thing that bugged me about it. You could drive this buggy thing, it used a cockpit view but you didn't see any hands on the steering wheel or anything, it really took my out of the immersion of the game. I've seen YouTube videos of it etc but still to this day see the appeal of it what so ever, if I was to do a Top 10 overrated games all-time it would be near the top. I didn't rank those a 11 as a few are on par but if I had to go for a number 1 it be jointly between Goldeneye & Halo.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 13:30

masofdas wrote:
You could drive this buggy thing, it used a cockpit view but you didn't see any hands on the steering wheel or anything, it really took my out of the immersion of the game.

But that really doesn't mean much in terms of the overall gameplay. Some of the levels rank up there as the best levels in gaming - Ravenholm is a brilliant piece of horror-shooting and the level on the bridge actually made me feel queasy looking down. I just don't see how it plays like an old game when a lot of modern FPSes are derivative of Half-Life 2. It was revolutionary for the genre and it still plays well today.

I could agree that the original Half-Life might play a little dated - I couldn't personally get into it - but HL2 is still a classic.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:02

To me Doom, Goldeneye, Halo & COD4 are the games that revolutionised and what modern FPS are deviate from not HL but maybe for story but the best story FPSs like bioshock which had system ahocky year's before. I don't know about those levels though as I've not really been bothered about playing a lot of it but doubt any stand up against silent cartographer on halo.

There's a few game's you guys like I don't but things like mario galaxy, fallout 3 and even ZombiU all at least look appealing unlike HL2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 15:58

masofdas wrote:
I don't know about those levels though as I've not really been bothered about playing a lot of it but doubt any stand up against silent cartographer on halo.

You can't know that if you haven't played them, by admission.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 17:58

Won't be playing them as the games rubbish.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 18:36

But you've barely played it.  Laughing 

Ravenholm is early on in HL2. Like, not even close to halfway through the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 22:09

You know how Andy hates Journey even though it's amazing or how Video hated the Last Story which is one of best JRPG's (or Cappa with the whole genre) around IMO especially from the 7th gen, basically I'm the same for the Half Life series. I couldn't give a monkeys if number 3 comes out, the only game I want that's taking ages with a 3 on the end is Shenmue.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 22:12

At least I've played Journey though Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next