Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xbox One & PS4 Talk

Go down 
+2
The_Jaster
masofdas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Xbox One & PS4 Talk Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 21:25

Thought I'd better make a topic about Europe's premiere games show. What are we all expecting from it, personally can't wait to hear the actual launch date of the PS4 also to see what this huge xbox one game is.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 19:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 3:00

The only thing that springs to mind is more info on PES 14 perhaps drop a date of when the demo will arrive?

EDIT: Never mind turns out it will be this month at somepoint Dance 

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2014-demo-coming-this-month/

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 3:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PES is better than FIFA)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 13:55

Right boys and girls, people of all ages here's the low down and all the news and my views from gamescom.

I'm going to start with Microsoft whom had a press conference which was about 30mins long which you couldn't watch. So I had to keep watching my twitter stream for information on the Xbox one. We found the rumors were true most Xbox one's at launch will be coming with a copy of FIFA 14, i say most as game have this , so if you are buying a Xbox one and don't like FIFA 14 you could sell your code to who ever buys this bundle. Other FIFA 14 info Xbox platforms will be getting legendary footballers in the ultimate team mode.

New games were announced from Mojang (Minecraft team) is coming to Xbox one called Cobalt, a new fable called fable legends.

And more Call of Duty info including this bargain announced.

That was pretty much it, no launch date as of yet.

We did find out the pricing model of Killer Instinct get it for free with just jango then either buy just one character (price unknown) or $20 8 characters plus a extra costume or $40 gets you 8 characters plus extra costumes which include classic and more far out ones plus the original SNES game. There saying this is season 1 of the game and there planing to do a season 2 with another 8 characters and so if there's demand.

I have now preordered a Xbox One, just it I'm going to see if I can afford both it and a PS4 but I'm leaning towards just a PS4 with about 5-8games.

This is the confirmed Launch Window games for the Xbox One:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
   Battlefield 4
   Call of Duty: Ghosts
   Crimson Dragon (Want)
   Dead Rising 3 (Want)
   FIFA 14
   Fighter Within
   Forza Motorsport 5 (Want)
   Just Dance 2014
   Killer Instinct (Want)
   LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
   Lococycle
   Madden NFL 25
   NBA 2K14
   NBA LIVE 14
   Need for Speed: Rivals
   Peggle 2 (Want)
   Powerstar Golf
   Ryse: Son of Rome (Interested In)
   Skylanders: Swap Force
   Watch Dogs
   Zoo Tycoon
   Zumba Fitness: World Party

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 21 Aug 2013 - 14:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 14:33

Now on to Sony, there conference was shown live they had a little dig at Microsoft on twitter about it.

Sony started of showing the UI and some of the social aspects of the PS4 like watching killzone shadow fall then joining the game it was neat. Then they talked about the PS3 (WHY!) and last of us (WHY!), beyond two souls, gran tursimo 6, a price cut of the 12GB console and the GTA V bundle again but nothing really interesting.

Then it was  Vita which has had a price cut to $199 (I don't know the £ price), and also memory cards are having a price cut and bundles. They showed a few games nothing WOW though part from borderlands 2 is getting re-released on it shame it's another console game, I want proper handheld gaming, at the moment the Vita to me is something I might to use like a Wii U gamepad with my PS4.

Then finally they got to the PS4 by showing of loads of indy games, it's nice to see all these games but there not system sellers they did announce the indy of all indies Minecraft is coming to PS3, 4 and Vita.

Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer was shown which is looking good, Infamous Second Son had a new trailer this is looking like a must.

Then came Ubisoft on stage Watch Dogs is getting a film, and assassins creed 4 was shown using the cross play thing with the vita and the extra content of that girl from the vita game last year will be playable in 4 only on PS3, 4 versions.

Then we got the date 15th of November in North America, 29th of November for Europe, with Sony pocking fun at Microsoft as the PS4 will be out in 32 (I think) countries unlike just the 13 (I think) the Xbox one will be launch in this year.

That was it, it was a of muh showing but we found out the main thing so can't really moan that much, also Microsoft made a big deal about that call of duty bundle here's the same one but for PS4.

This is the confirmed PS4 Launch Window games:

Retail:
Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag
Battlefield 4 (Got Preordered)
Call of Duty Ghosts (Got Preordered)
#DRIVECLUVB (Got Preordered), this game is interesting you get a free watered-down version with PSN+ but if you buy as a retail game you get a free trial of PSN+ and the option to buy PSN+ for 12 months with 50% off.
FIFA 14 (Got Preordered)
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall (Got Preordered)
Knack (Got Preordered)
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
Madden 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live
Need for Speed: Rivals
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs (Got Preordered)

PSN Store (Quite a few being free to play):

Basement Crawl
Pool Nation Extreme
Contrast
Warframe
Pinball Arcade
War Thunder
N++
Minecraft
DC Universe Online
Planetside 2
Counterspy
ResoGun (Will be free with PSN+)
Flower
Doki-Doki Universe
Hohokum
Tiny Brains
Super Motherload
Blacklight

And these bad boys , I'm getting the blue one.

So that was gamescom people.

Sony also announced there upgrade promotion (Microsoft is having a similar thing and seen gamepsot in USA are doing this with tarde ins, with GAME rumored to be doing it as well), if you buy call of duty on PS3, then go buy a PS4 and transfer your save over from the PS3 to PS4 (I'm guessing USB Stick but could be cloud but you would need PSN+) you can get call of duty as a download for £10. This will be for a few games, personally can't see why i couldn't buy FIFA 14 on PS3 in September play it to when pokemon x&y comes out trade it in towards them, then when I buy my PS4 copy my save over from the PS3 to PS4 and download it for £10 on to the PS4.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 15:00

Tbh this could've went in your general news thread oh also got a question, does anyone truly see gamescom as a big event?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 16:13

Yes It could off and will do in the future, and clearly Sony think it's a big event.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 20:35

That pricing model for Killer Instinct is pretty wank. That's like if Street Fighter came out, but only had Ryu in it, and you had to drop £20 to play as Ken and co.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 21:25

You'd definitely feel ripped off if you had paid for Ken not realising he's a Ryu clone Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:11

I was about to let my inner Street Fighter fanboy loose and yell "KEN'S MORE OFFENSIVE YOU FILTHY CASUAL" but you're totally right, they're pretty close to palette swaps.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:25

I don't see what's wrong with the killer instinct price, the $20 package is good enough. Just look at it like this the free download is a Trail like any other XBLA title and the $20 is for the full game like any other XBLA title.

Plus if you buy the day one 12 month xbox live, you get the $20 killer instinct I believe.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:29

Yeah, it's not a bad price, but it's just a continuation of a seriously sucky trend in fighting games as of late.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 0:24

Does anybody like Killer Instinct? I personally thought that it had hee-haw on literally any of the other franchise fighters of the time, from  Street Fighter II to all that anonymous Neo Geo stuff (***BURNING CHAMPION HAMMER SPIRIT DESIRE FIGHTERS 94/95/96/97...2022/2023***). Could be all right, I guess, but good doesn't cut it in that genre these days.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 0:59

The_Jaster wrote:
Tbh this could've went in your general news thread oh also got a question, does anyone truly see gamescom as a big event?
It's probably more a continental Europe thing than it is British, with its big PC and eSports elements, which perhaps makes direct comparisons to E3 tough. It probably helps too that half the days are open to the public.

It may, however, be telling that the email from GameSpot plugging their coverage called it Europe's biggest "FanFest"
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 1:01

Phillips wrote:
Does anybody like Killer Instinct? I personally thought that it had hee-haw on literally any of the other franchise fighters of the time, from  Street Fighter II to all that anonymous Neo Geo stuff (***BURNING CHAMPION HAMMER SPIRIT DESIRE FIGHTERS 94/95/96/97...2022/2023***). Could be all right, I guess, but good doesn't cut it in that genre these days.
I'm struggling to think of any other western beat 'em up series apart from that and Mortal Kombat, and certainly no European ones- maybe that's enough to make it different enough to catch a fanbase?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 9:36

I know there is a difference, heck I much prefer Ken myself but still paying much for a tiny mechanics readjustment is lame.

As for Killer Instinct I used to love playing it. All be it as a kid I'd only played that and Mortal Kombat so it's not like I have the most varied palette.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 10:44

Killer Instinct is the main reason I want a Xbox One.

To Jas I was going to go to Gamescom as it is the biggest event I could afford to go to, but unfortunately I couldn't get the time off work. Not sure if I will try going next as I wanted to go this one to get 1st hands on with Xbox One and PS4 but I will have both by gamescom next.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 18:05

Not saying it'd be bad to attend (what gaming convention is?) I've just never felt overly fussed about compared to e3 & TGS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 1:28

Phillips wrote:
Nah - it's pretty low down on the fighting game tier after Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, King of Fighters and the rest of the gang.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 17:41

Disagree Jay, It was a top tier fighter back in the day. And most you have said like tekken have got stale with almost yearly installments. Killer Instinct brings something fresh back to the genre. It's got me and few people I know (mainly long time nintendo fans) interested in the xbox one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 18:03

Yes Tekken with yearly installments... With Tekken 5, Tag Tournament 2 and the F2P this gen... Not really yearly and not even as bad as the 4 versions of Street Fighter 4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 18:10

I said almost yearly (only 6 on PS3), there just seemed a lot, same with street fighter you bring up there all the stale. There's nothing else like killer instinct apart from mortal kombat but that still quite different.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 19:45

Changed the topic, I know both consoles have there own threads. But vent your fanboyism here, which is better why one sucks what ever.

But the question i pose is after now knowing the Launch Line Ups of both consoles, the prices and launch dates (well xbox one is confirmed for november) are you planing on getting either console or are you waiting for a killer app or just not bothered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One & PS4 Talk   Xbox One & PS4 Talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One & PS4 Talk
Page 1 of 1