We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)

Go down 
+15
Sylveon
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
masofdas
Athrun888
Axis1500
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Buskalilly
shanks
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 20:44

JayMoyles wrote:
As much as it does suck for folks who supported the Wii U...

I didn't buy it on the Wii U and I still feel slightly short-changed!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:02

But, why though?

I mean, isn't this arguably the same thing Nintendo did with MK8D but with even more potential? MK8 on Wii U sold loads for the console, but a quick port to Switch and it's done fantastically thanks to a fresh audience. I think Pokkén has even more potential to do gangbusters - it's the first Pokémon game on Switch for one, and it's a game that even fewer people played compared to MK8, yourself included.

It's another sales coup for the Switch, as you said yourself! Granted, I'd feel shortchanged if I'd bought this on Wii U but for first time players like you and I, it's for all intents and purposes a brand new game like MK8D was for myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:33

JayMoyles wrote:
If many of you aren't planning to double dip, that does beg the question of how decent the single player content is in Pokkén. Are we talking more Injustice 2 or more Street Fighter V here?

The Story Mode is quite lengthy, though the difficulty curve is all over the place. That's pretty much all there is, for the single player, if I remember rightly... though I do stand to be corrected!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:42

It's the timing, Jay. With the rapid pace of modern life, MK8 feels like it already came out a fair time ago. The original Pokken hit Wii Us in... 2016 I think. That feels like taking the mickey to me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:56

I think this is pretty standard for fighting games, though. Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultra Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and so on . . .

As someone who played and enjoyed the game on Wii U, I don't feel it adversely effects me in any way that other people might get to play it now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 22:56

Pokken is one of the last 2 games on my list of Wii U games I missed (the other being Tokyo Mirage Sessions), so I'm well up for this.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 23:06

ZeroJones wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
If many of you aren't planning to double dip, that does beg the question of how decent the single player content is in Pokkén. Are we talking more Injustice 2 or more Street Fighter V here?

The Story Mode is quite lengthy, though the difficulty curve is all over the place. That's pretty much all there is, for the single player, if I remember rightly... though I do stand to be corrected!

Difficulty doesn't bother the fighting game king. Cool

*prepares to eat words 1-2 Switch style*
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 23:13

JayMoyles wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Difficulty doesn't bother the fighting game king. Cool

*prepares to eat words 1-2 Switch style*

No comment. :king:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:48

The story mode is more of your standard arcade mode but with a Pokemon flair due to leagues.

The Pokken controller will work with the game, for your boy Drunka.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 21:24

YES M8!

Still not planning to buy this day one, but can see it happening.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 2:58

I did get this for the Wii U and only played it for a day at most. So with it being on the switch I'm up for it as I should be able to play it a bit more
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 23:22

As I've said elsewhere, not played the original enough so it'll be like a new game for me and it's still around the new console hype for me to want it. Went and got £20 for the Wii U version today as well so not losing out too much money wise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:40

So there's going to be a demo of this on the eShop before too long. I might get hold of it to see what the new fighters are like, though I'm highly doubtful that it'll persuade me into getting the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:45

This is a game I could do with a demo. of, having looked at it several times with an intrigued but largely indifferent eye.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 21:02

If this has a scene on the forum (like ARMS didn't Sad ) I might pick it up. I played the Wii U one to death, though, and I'm already pretty into a fighter on Switch so I'm not sure I need this one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyThu 24 Aug 2017 - 19:08

Just had a wee smash on the demo for this and have come away disappointed. There are a grand total of three playable characters: Charizard, Pikachu, and newbie Empoleon (Empers wasn't in the Wii U version of the game). There's only one arena to fight in and two sets of Support Pokémon. It feels really slight, especially when you think that they could have given us version exclusive Decidueye to play with. In any case, it's the exact same oddball one-on-one beat-'em-North-North-East that it's always been, only a bit shinier (Poképun!).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 22:31

I'll give the demo a bash still - I'm more interested to see how it actually plays. I think with how busy September will be that I'll inevitably give this one a miss though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 23:28

I feel like I want it as I didn't give it enough time on the Wii U despite really liking it and the demo has reminded me how much I enjoyed it but I can still see it falling to the wayside, fighters struggle to keep my attention with the exception of Smash as there's not usually a lot to them. Sod it I'll probably still buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)   Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokkén Tournament DX (Beat 'Em Lillipup On Switch)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7