We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+12
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 10:47

Balladeer wrote:
Jimbob knows how things really are.  And what do we get instead of SMG3?  Super Mario Bloody 3D World.  (waves flag ironically)
You're very kind. Although... I don't know if I wanted a Mario Galaxy 3 - I fear it might be a bit thin on the ideas. Super Mario 3D World might be brilliant. Although I agree it's a step back. Basically, I don't know what they'd do next and everything is ruined forever Dance 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 17:00

I'm pretty confident about 3D World. I'm sure it will be fun, and most reports say it plays more like galaxy in single player. As for the multiplayer, I'm sure it will be much less annoying in 3D than it is in 2D.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 20:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:04

So is it just 3rd that's going unveiled today at some-point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:33

I'm guessing so, and then the last two tomorrow, to keep a bit of suspense when [REDACTED] doesn't come third or second.

Buskalilly wrote:
I'm sorry confident about 3D World.
You've lost me. Meh 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 20:19

Balladeer wrote:

Buskalilly wrote:
I'm pretty confident about 3D World.
You've lost me. Meh 
Godamnit, thats not even close to the word I was trying to type...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 11:13

So all 3 today is it then.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 11:34

Last kick today. I'll put the rest of the list up after my shift tonight.

In third place...:

So, there you have it. A list that personally surprised me in a lot of ways, and one that kept changing until the last day that I took your PMs. It's a respectable list, not least because Mario Strikers Charged (of all things!) eventually ended up missing out after being ever-present in the top ten since the first day. You're a zany bunch, GNamer. We've got two more to come later on, but in the meantime I'll leave you to discuss what they might be/which is the better of the two/how right you were/how much I'd like Balladeer to fuck off back to CVG.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 11:37

Another one I voted for (7/9 so far), I can't wait to see what's the top 2 are.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 12:08

Well deserved indeed.  Out of interest, how many people gave it second place (if you still have that written down somewhere)?  I know I did, Andyman did - anyone else?

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:31

One that I didn't plump for, simply because I haven't played it! Considering it seems to be Paper Mario but even better, I'm sure if I had played it I would have voted for highly!

Phillips wrote:
It's a respectable list, not least because Mario Strikers Charged (of all things!) eventually ended up missing out after being ever-present in the top ten since the first day.
This both surprises and delights me. So close...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:33

This was my number six, hard to believe it has placed so highly. Mind you, it has a section that's set on a train, and any game set on a train is instantly brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:45

The Excess Express and Glitzville were my two favourite chapters. But then, I did love the Shadow Sirens.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:03

Sunshine, Galaxy 2 and TTYD didn't make my list, but for justifiable reasons to me:

Sunshine: I loved this game, but put simply there are ten other Mario games out there that I preferred to it.
Galaxy 2: If it's a flaw, I thought this game had too many amazing ideas and failed to maximise many of my favourites. Plus, I found the boss design and general sense of coherence to be a fair bit better in the original
TTYD: I experienced Paper Mario first, and this felt like a case of diminishing returns to me, didn't like the X-Nauts. Simple as.

As for Super Mario 64: I loved it back in the day, but it's aged about as well as an elephant's arse, quite frankly. So many vast, barren expanses and one crappy camera.

~~~

To summarise, the above are all great games in their own right - and I totally get why someone else would vote for them - but for me they're not in my personal top ten.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:04

With regards to TTYD, Stu:

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 1314842764992767

Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:11

(resists urge to be very crude)

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:22

Balladeer wrote:
The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 1314842764992767 
I can do that. If you don't believe me, ask your mum.

Stu_the_great wrote:
Like that? :p
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:26

That crashing sound was the tone going through the floor.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:31

The last three also haven't made my list.

Super Mario Sunshine - I hated most of the game. Probably one of my least favourite GameCube games (out of what I've played).
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - I haven't played this. I may pick it up if I ever finish the first one.
Paper Mario TTYD - I haven't gotten around to getting it since discovering that I liked Paper Mario, despite hating turn-based games. I have played the other two, and two Paper Mario games made my list.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:33

Balladeer wrote:
That crashing sound was the tone going through the floor.
The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Proud
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:42

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I can do that. If you don't believe me, ask your mum.

Stu_the_great wrote:
Like that? :p
Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:45

That gif is vile. Laughing 

So, Hotel Mario is going to win now, right?

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:45

You given up on Tennis, Jay?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:47

I think my campaign came too late, second place is the best it'll manage now I reckon. Aww! 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:47

It's a crying shame that Mario Tennis Open didn't give us more content. I genuinely think it could've been the best game in the series (that I've played).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:50

We've obviously got Super Paper Mario in first place, right? Right?

Super and Sticker Star are the only Paper Mario games I've played, tragically. I thought Super Paper Mario was ace, mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next