We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 23 Jul 2016 - 18:41

Yeah there are a heck of a lot of Spider-people running around nowadays! Pete, Spider-Woman, this Silk I've heard mention of, Spidey 2099, and they brought Miles over from Ultimate-Land before nuking it too.

----

Superior Spider-Man 5, aka Superior Venom. That's right, Venom has returned! Flash has been using it pretty well, so of course it's only natural that Otto has to meddle! But does Otto know what he's actually dealing with meddling with the Symbiote?

Short answer: LOLNOPE

Oh he'll be fine he thinks. He knows its weak to fire and sound, there's nothing to fear from it! Before he knows it his normal arrogance has been boosted to superior levels, and he's raging out at Aunt May, Mary Jane, and fighting the entire team of Avengers!

But Venom isn't the only thing going wrong for Otto this volume! Osborn knows who he's dealing with, but as it turns out Carlie was too careful to put Spider-Man's real identity to paper, so Osborns sticking some screws in to her! The result? A new villain of course!

Meanwhile Otto proves he absolutely sucks at lying. The worst lies are the ones you come up with on the fly, and the Avengers are suitably sceptical as he proclaims his personality shift the last few months have been because of Venom!

This house of cards is ready to come tumbling down now, the Avengers are set on bringing Spidey in, most of his relationships are fried, and Osborn has enough info on how Otto works his organisation to bring it to its knees. The final showdown looms! But first, a showdown between Hobgoblin Senior and Norman Osborn over which Goblin shall reign supreme!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 23 Jul 2016 - 21:45

The trailer for the Wonder Woman film has landed. Looks fun, especially with my (fifth) main man Chris Pine in the mix.

I haven't actually counted. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 23 Jul 2016 - 22:26

Speaking of Flash, did you ever read the issue when we first found out he'd lost his legs? It was mostly him in a hospital bed recounting how Spidey had inspired him, and it was a phenomenally good read at the time. Plus, we found out the real reason his nickname was Flash Laughing

Athrun888 wrote:
Yeah there are a heck of a lot of Spider-people running around nowadays!  Pete, Spider-Woman, this Silk I've heard mention of, Spidey 2099, and they brought Miles over from Ultimate-Land before nuking it too.    

There's also Spider-Gwen and Spider-Girl, though I'm not sure if either of them got promoted to main universe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 12:59

I was just coming here to say anyone seen all the trailer's from SDCC,

Wonder Woman, Dr Strange, Justice League, Suicide Squad, LEGO Batman all of them look decent and Gladiator Hulk costume from Thor 3 was on the shown floor.

And Brie Larson will be Captain Marvel
DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 Scott-Pilgrim-Brie-Larson
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:16

Thank you! I was wondering where I recognised her from...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:56

Only thing this has been in my head all day

Also the Marvel TV show stuff looks good as well from SDCC
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 11:16

Doctor Strange looks so f***ing good, SO SO GOOD!  Thumbs Up!  Might even have to go see that at the cinema near release.  That's how hyped I am for that based on the trailer.  Last movie I went to see at the cinema?  Star Wars, that's how good Doctor Strange's trailer was!

Don't really care about the rest.  Never liked DC, haven't seen Thor 2 yet, and there's still too little about Captain Marvel to judge although given Marvel's track record with their movies it'll probably be top class.  Wonder Woman looked pretty cool though so might give that a look when it comes out on blu-ray if it receives a good reception.  

------------------------

Superior Spider-Man 6: Goblin Nation

It all ends here, and Otto never even saw it coming.  The power vacuum Otto had been creating by wiping out crime is finally filled by Spidey's number 1 arch nemesis the Green Goblin and his Goblin Nation as Osborn makes his move.  Now an enemy of the Mayor with a fleet of new Spider Slayers, quitting the Avengers, losing his Spider Island HQ to the Goblin Nation, and watching as New York burns, Otto races to try and stop Norman before he loses everything he holds dear.  Meanwhile the barest of fragments of Peter Parker still in Otto's mind seek refuge in the only safe place Otto won't find it: Otto's own memories.  

This final arc has been built up to over the entire Superior saga, and it pays off big time.  Every page was exciting, and there was a lot of emotional payoff too.  Otto finally does something selfless when he finally realized that there is a superior spider-man, it just isn't him.  Never thought I'd be sad over Otto Octavius dying but there ya go!  Special shout-out to the page where Osborn realises Peter's back, that moment was absolute perfection.  

All up an excellent culmination in a storyline that had essentially been built up to over almost eighty issues.  Stuff like this just goes to show why Marvel really could do with stopping the constant events and just let their heroes have their own big storylines, the payoff is immense and satisfying.  

You better believe I didn't stop there though!  How could I with Amazing Spider-Man Vol.1: The Parker Luck on my shelf!?

Peter Parker is back, and so is his nortorious luck!  First day back on the job he gets de-clothed, providing Anna Maria all the information she needs to finally figure out Peter is Spider-Man!  Unfortunately that relationship takes a turn for the amazingly awkward when Peter reveals she's been having a relationship with Otto rather than him.  

Meanwhile Electro creates a prison break that sees a certain now very vengeful feline escape prison.  Black Cat ain't happy with her humiliating and painful defeat at the hands of the Superior Spider-Man, and unfortunately for Peter she flat out doesn't give a s*** that it wasn't actually him.  Guess you could say she's become an arachnophobe!  The two soon join forces against Spidey.

Finally Peter discovers he isn't alone, someone else has Spider powers!  Cindy Moon, Silk.  Most interesting part of this revelation however is the ramifications, because none other than the dreaded Morlun is out there, and he's coming!  Should've listened to Ezekiel's message eh Peter!  

All up a decent start to the new dawn of Peter's life, I wonder how long he's going to be able to keep Parker Industries afloat.  Glad that Anna Maria is still around, I was worried she'd be kicked to the wayside after Otto's tenure ended but thankfully she seems to have replaced Carlie as a member of the main supporting cast.  I should point out that I have read Morlun's original appearance, suffice to say I'm absolutely hyped about his imminent return.  Guy was creepy as all heck last I saw him all those years ago.  Apparently there's a lot more to what happened to him Spidey and Ezekiel than I got to read so methinks I'll be nabbing the books with those encounters.  

Drunkalilly wrote:
Speaking of Flash, did you ever read the issue when we first found out he'd lost his legs? It was mostly him in a hospital bed recounting how Spidey had inspired him, and it was a phenomenally good read at the time. Plus, we found out the real reason his nickname was Flash Laughing

Alas I haven't, only Spidey I've read outside Ultimate was the first 25-ish issues of Amazing, the first couple of arcs of JMS run, and 650 to Superior's end.  Oh and the Venom origin stuff.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 17:36

Like you, I'd only read the original Morlun story and the most recent one, but it works really well with just those two. So far, he's been used sparingly enough to avoid villain fatigue.

Athrernoon Delight wrote:
All up an excellent culmination in a storyline that had essentially been built up to over almost eighty issues. Stuff like this just goes to show why Marvel really could do with stopping the constant events and just let their heroes have their own big storylines, the payoff is immense and satisfying.

This is why Spider-Man is the only comic I consistently buy. I'd love to be able to afford everything Marvel puts out, but I just can't and luckily Spidey is mostly self-contained.

Quote :
Alas I haven't, only Spidey I've read outside Ultimate was the first 25-ish issues of Amazing, the first couple of arcs of JMS run, and 650 to Superior's end. Oh and the Venom origin stuff.

Amazing Spider-Man #574 is the one; obviously I'm suggesting you should purchase it legally and read it through those means.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 20:47

masofdas wrote:
Only thing this has been in my head all day

Better than the original track from Metric... and now I want to watch Scott Pilgrim again. What a film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 20:38

SPIDER-MAN THOUGHT:

The new film is called "homecoming". The villain Morlun first appeared in the Spider-Man story "Coming Home."
The film is currently being advertised as featuring Vulture, a shit villain who can't carry a film. A chance we could be seeing a much more interesting primary villain? Vulture might just have a brief appearance to establish the "totem" concept Ezekiel mentions.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 22:01

Great thought, mate. It'd be very strong right out of the gate. I approve. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 23:36

Think Shocker (that's his name right? The guy with the shocky things) may be a bit worse off then the Vulture. Sometimes he only lasts a couple of pages
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 8:59

Poor ol' shocker. Laughing I love how it's become standard to me him the easy first boss in games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 17:37

I wonder if he'll be in the new game, as so far the video shown hints at Mr. Negative.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 23:48

Much as I want Morlun in a movie (who wouldn't?  Guy would be incredible on the big screen) homecoming probably just refers to the American school tradition.  Not that that's a bad thing, the movie might have an Ultimate Spider-man tone to it!  Really not sure how they're going to handle the movie honestly, Marvel have my faith on their track record, but Drunka is right, Vulture isn't exactly movie carrying material.  No, not even with backup from Shocker and Tinkerer like the rumours suggest.  Perhaps Vulture will be closer to his Ultimate self, assassin for hire?

On the game, hoping Negative being hinted at might mean a larger gang war going on in the game! It'd be the perfect way to bring in Kingpin and Green Goblin, especially without forcing the latter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 9:24

Hopefully the game will do the Arkham thing of featuring a big plot with Spidey's rogues gallery. Spider-Man is one of the few characters who can match Batman for villains.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:30

I do hope that they put the Goblin in the game, haven't had a good Goblin fight since I last played the Ultimate Spider-man game
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 18:59

I thought Homecoming was a reference to the US school event like Athrun said and a bit of a nod to Spidey coming back to the MCU.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 22:28

I'm sure it's both those things, but it is also sneakily similar to a very well-regarded spidey story, and Marvel have been doing more and more films based on specific comicbook storylines; Extremis, Winter Soldier, Civil War and soon Ragnarok.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 11:36

Saw the Director's Cut of Batman Vs. Superman yesterday. It gives a little more motivation to Clark, and a little more investigation from all parties, but I didn't feel that it made the story all that more coherent.

Also watched the second episode of Supergirl. As Drunka said, it's shaping up nicely. Intrigue upon intrigue! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 18:46

Suicide Squad might be a bit pants from what I'm hearing, I'm still excited to see it but come on DC 3 muh films in a row.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 21:27

No, the extra minutes don't help.

Batman V Superman isn't a muh film, it is a genuinely awful, awful film that took what had the potential to be a really good basis for a film and turned it into a bloated, meandering turd that failed to deliver on the one thing it promised- Batman fighting Superman.

It was pretty good visually, mind, and I'm hopeful about Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 21:55

I've seen Gamer that's a awful film
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 6 Aug 2016 - 19:13

Just got back from seeing Suicide Squad, it was far better then what the critics have been saying and may go as far as saying its the best of the 3 DCU films but that isn't saying much.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 EmptySat 6 Aug 2016 - 20:57

I'd agree with you there bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 10 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next