We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 11:22

That was true of the very first Sam Raimi Spider-man as well.

It is something the Marvel films are good at; stories with superheroes in them which aren't just the same superhero stories again and again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 11:25

Again I feel it's my duty to mention The Gifted here as that is exactly what that is as well, such a superb TV show.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 15:20

Just finished The Flash Season 2.  Ya know, the season with this f***er running around!

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 Zoom10

I liked it.  There were a few instances of logic leaps that CW shows often have, but overall the season was a belter and pretty exciting.  Zoom was established as a scary AF force to be reckoned with early on and the Earth 2 stuff was great.  

Spoiler:

Oh, and since I didn't mention season 1 beyond my initial impressions, if the fact I'm commenting on season 2 hasn't given it away I liked it.  Good show, and I like how it manages to straddle the line without ever being as edgy as Arrow can get.  The shift of focus to super-heroics is also a nice one.

S1 spoilers:

Looking forward to watching Season 3 after that season 2 ending, interesting times ahead!

S2 ending spoilers:

Inb4InfinityWarposts

Really should get to the cinema this week to watch it myself.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyFri 27 Apr 2018 - 11:06

Athrun888 wrote:
Inb4InfinityWarposts

Really should get to the cinema this week to watch it myself.  

...about that. Get it watched y'all. I don't want to say anything outside a spoilerbox right now.

Watch it before you click this, idiot.:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 0:52

Infinity War spoilerchat:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 4:09

INFINITE SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 22:02

THAT WAS AWESOME:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2018 - 23:24

Spoilerchat:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 9:49

I much prefer the X-Men when they're separate from other superheroes, but there's a lot of dollars in Wolverine showing up in Avengers 5.

The Fantastic Four are easy and inevitable though. Especially as Marvel are getting more bold in their over the top cosmic stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 14:50

I've not seen the war of infinity yet but last night I did rent Thor Ragnarok, and it's a belter eh? Love the sc-fi twist it has & the screen time that Hulk gets which makes me really want a new film for him. It doesn't top GoTG for me but it's certainly right up there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:03

Drunkalilly wrote:
I much prefer the X-Men when they're separate from other superheroes, but there's a lot of dollars in Wolverine showing up in Avengers 5.

The Fantastic Four are easy and inevitable though. Especially as Marvel are getting more bold in their over the top cosmic stuff.

Oh, Wolverine is megabucks for them but it'd also pose a real challenge as it's going to be tricky to separate Hugh Jackman from ol' Logan. The sendoff they gave that character was perfect, too.

The_Jaster wrote:
I've not seen the war of infinity yet but last night I did rent Thor Ragnarok, and it's a belter eh? Love the sc-fi twist it has & the screen time that Hulk gets which makes me really want a new film for him. It doesn't top GoTG for me but it's certainly right up there.

A cracker through and through. It's easily one of the funniest Marvel movies too.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:08

I've not seen Infinity yet either, and I'm also yet to see Thor: Ragnarock. A question for people who've kept up to date with the Marvel cinematic universe: Which films do I need to have seen going into Infinity War, and which films would you recommend seeing before it?

I think My Marvel List goes something like: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, Avengers 1 & 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, the first Cap film, the first two Thor films, and Ant-Man.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:19

Ragnarok is essential, I'd say. Civil War, Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 are recommended, but you'll get by without them. If you do watch Civil War, then Winter Soldier is a must for that one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:20

Bleah, I probably have to watch these too. Done GotG2, could stomach Ragnarok and Civil War, but Doctor Strange doesn't sound worth watching without its flashy special effects blown up on the big screen. Meh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:28

I'd say Strange is probably the least essential out of any of those - so long as you know he's a flashy wizard, you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:32

Aye doc strange is definitely bottom of the pile in the MCU in not only being the least essential as Jay says but it's also the worst of them all for me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:45

Ach, I liked Strange. I think the worst is easily Thor 2. Forgettable and features far too much of Jane Foster's annoying pal.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:49

I thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 22:09

Not saying it's awful it's just way below the others, and it might just be the character itself as I didn't find it as fun as any of the others.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 22:21

Think people need to take a step back and think about these dodgy Strange opinions. Strange is a banger and the visual effects still looked great on my laptop screen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 22:25

I'm feeling an MCU ranking brewing from me... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 6:39

I actually like Darcy, so Thor 2 didn't bother me much. I'd agree either that or Iron Man 2 probably marks the lowest point for the MCU, but for my money none of them dip into "bad" territory and the batting average is spectacularly high.

I'm not going to try to rank them as I can't easily see them as standalone films. I've enjoyed them as a big, interconnected series and can only recommend watching the lot.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 11:20

Doctor Strange was great, and still a spectacle on a 1080p tv on bluray.  And Thor Ragnarok is also great, finally they realised they can't do serious Thor so they just made Guardians of the Asgard instead.  

Going to see Infinity War tomorrow.  Probably.  Till then Flash Season 3 is off to a good start.  
Flash Season 2 and 3 spoilers:

And did somebody say a tier list?  Because I think i's time for tier lists!

Amazing Tier:

-Spider-Man Homecoming
-Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Iron Man

Spectacular Tier:

-Black Panther
-Thor Ragnarok
-Captain America 3: Civil War
-The Avengers

Good Times Were Had Tier:

-Everything that isn't in this Tier or the next two

Pretty Meh Tier:

-Thor
-Thor 2

The I Haven't Watched em Yet Tier:

-Iron Man 2 and 3
-Avengers 2

Never going to watch and ain't nothing that can change my mind Tier:

-The Incredible Hulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:05

Someone summed up Infinity War perfectly as a season finally and now being 10 years in and so many films, that's how you've got to look at all the films and Phase 1 being Season 1 etc

On a list then mine is:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 3
Thor
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:24

Well if we're actually doing this (I'm taking out Infinity War because it is both too soon and I was in no condition to actually take anything in when I watched it)

Thor: Ragnarok
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Thor
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
Iron Man
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: The First Avenger
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

That was not the order I expected when I started that list. I do think I'm due a rewatch of Thor: Ragnarok, Spiderman, Guardians 2 and Age of Ultron though, so they could easily move either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 19 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next