We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Go down 
+7
shanks
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
Admin
ZeroJones
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Kirby Triple Deluxe Empty
PostSubject: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:36

So, there's a new Kirby game in the pipeline.  Well, I say "new"...

Kirby Triple Deluxe Kirby-3ds_660.0_cinema_640.0

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csXbSf9ptMs

They're making a big deal out of the 3D in this one, with the main hook seeming to be the multi-planed levels and the stars that shift you between planes (and possibly the one bit where Kirby turns shimmery and sucks up a tree).  Trouble is, that's been done before, by Mutant Mudds among others; and besides that, this seems like another by-the-numbers Kirby game.  My last Kirby offering was Epic Yarn, and this... this feels like one 2D platformer too many for me.

But everyone knows that I'm a moany bastard, and hey: at least the Nintendo Direct had one surprise, right?  (Apart from SM3DW looking amazing, I mean.)  So, who's up for another round of ability-copying pink puffy fun?

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 15 Nov 2013 - 12:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Official title announced)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:15

*raises hand*

Kirby seems to have two sorts of platformers: traditional Kirby platformers and then madly experimental ones. This looks like a traditional one, which I prefer, just (though Mass Attack is a beautiful game). Given how tough it was to track Mass Attack down, I might make this a day one purchase.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 13:38

Did you manage to find Mass Attack new in the end, Zero?

It's Super Kirby Virtual Boy Wario Land 3D! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Say what you will about Kirby games, but they're always more than solid, and a sensory overload to boot. This is an insta-purchase from me.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 14:47

Diminishing returns strikes again -- I wasn't overjoyed to see another identikit 2D Kirby platformer, especially after Mass Attack.

I'm sure it'll be decent, but this isn't for me. I'd far rather HAL worked on something else!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:53

Stu_the_great wrote:
Did you manage to find Mass Attack new in the end, Zero?
Yes, thanks! I got it from Amazon, after too many fruitless treks to GAMEs in various towns. It ended up in my top ten DS games.

As for the Mutant Mudds comparisons with the layer-shifting mechanic: as long as it serves a genuine gameplay purpose, I'll be happy.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:04

Kirby's Adventure Wii was massively underrated in my opinion - it doesn't do anything wrong. If this is a bit more willing to take a risk with the tried-and-tested Kirby formula, then the 3DS has got another seriously good 2D platformer on it's hands.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:28

Kirby games rarely now me away and they're never day one must haves but, like everyone else said, they're always solid and inoffensive. I can see this coming a drought somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:35

Am I the only one here who wasn't exactly smitten by Power Paintbrush? I've been meaning to revisit it one of these days to see if nostalgia will allow me to enjoy it more than I did.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 12:38

Kirby: Triple Deluxe, eh? And it's out in Japan on January 11th! Closer than I thought. Now, about a European release date...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 15:57

Was there a new trailer in the Nintendo Direct that confirmed the name?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 19:31

The side-games in this actually look better than the main game.  Kirby Fighters looks like a sweet stripped-down version of Smash Bros., while Dedede's Drum Dash reminds me of Harmoknight, albeit the most annoying parts of it.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:50

As much as I sigh whenever I see a new 'traditional' 2D Kirby platformer, I'm tempted to pick this up. It's been too long since a new HAL-developed Kirby platformer in traditional style on handhelds, and given the game's name (Triple Deluxe: 3D? Ahaha...) maybe we'll see something that really only works great with the slider up.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 1:25

I downloaded this last night and had a quick go and well..

The Smash bros like game is pretty good and as much as we all expected.

Don't go much on the King Dedede rhythm game

And the main game is good for a platformer
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 15:46

The title of this game sounds like a fast food burger.

"I'll have the Kirby triple deluxe with bacon & cheese please"
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 22:21

I'm quite tempted to get this for some reason but I'll wait until I read more impressions from those who've downloaded it. What is encouraging, though, is it's 60fps even in 3D mode, just like A Link Between Worlds. 2D Platformers always feel wrong to be when they aren't silky smooth, so I'm happy about this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:54

This is starting to look a bit better in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 10:05

fronkhead wrote:
I'm quite tempted to get this for some reason but I'll wait until I read more impressions from those who've downloaded it. What is encouraging, though, is it's 60fps even in 3D mode, just like A Link Between Worlds. 2D Platformers always feel wrong to be when they aren't silky smooth, so I'm happy about this.

Is not a retail game then, also it is looking good. But I've always liked Kirby games.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:58

There's no way this won't be getting a boxed release.

I'm in somewhat of a gaming slump at the moment. It's been about a month since I played any game of any description; therefore, I think a bit of easygoing Kirby will be right up my street come May. Smile
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 6:42

I'm still going through this very slowly at the moment
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 9:56

I liked how in the latest trailer they kept emphasising the "deluxe" bit. Not just abilities... these are DELUXE abilities! The platforming? That's deluxe too! Think those 4-player battles look pretty deluxe? YOU'D BE RIGHT!

That said, the battles look kinda fun. Like Smash Bros Lite. Where everyone has to be Kirby.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 10:56

The Kirby free for all is actually fun. And yeah it's like the single player mode from smash bros 64 where you go through all of the different Kirby abilities/ powerups what ever you want to call them
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 10:31

CVG preview. Apparently that 3D's pretty good. Also, it's out in May, which I didn't realise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 10:41

I hope you've been saving your money Balla for May.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 10:58

May-be I have.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 11:10

Good as of now there's 6 game out on Nintendo Systems, or 8 if you want to count both a 3DS & a Wii U version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Triple Deluxe   Kirby Triple Deluxe Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next