We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:56

It's a Wii U game vote thread, not a SNES one. That's basically the way I look at it.

(On a side note, it isn't a UK version, it's an emulated version of the US game that's been available to UK players since it's original release. Fair enough, you couldn't walk down to Beatties and buy it, but it isn't illegal contraband or anything. It's just a computer game that you could order over mail, phone or online at any point you wanted over the last twenty years...provided you could source it and had the right type of system, of course).

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:57

Not convinced by the side note, but your first sentence and Jay's post are fair. Aww! All right, nix EB.  Six Wii U games is just about enough to do a vote for, I think, although a couple will appear in both lists...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:59

I wasn't trying to convince you, I was stating the way it is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 18:02

I'm happy after Jay bringing up about Wii Vote etc, got to have same rules through out. Yeah TCK does a make a point we could of all imported it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 18:15

I personally think you should be voting for wii U games that's you've spent a decent amount of time with (about 2 hours or so) especially the ports, even though they're ports the gamepad features in some alone make them significantly different or some like MH3U have been packed to roof with even more content.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 19:14

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wasn't trying to convince you, I was stating the way it is.
...well, er, good, 'cause it wouldn't have worked! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 21:34

Yeah, I'm well up for this! And by the time I launch any votes, I'll probably have played a shedload of Mario.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 7:54

So that's a 'no' to EarthBound (which is fair), and a 'yes' to New Super Luigi U (which is also fair). Dishonourable Mentions are also a given; vote for your worst Wii U games too! I'll update the first post accordingly.

As for the ports issue, I'm most inclined to agree with Cap - to vote for something based on the PS360 experience of it is not the best. I'm going to leave that one open a bit longer (though Jimbob is of course right!).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 8:36

What if there is little change to the experience on Wii U though. For example Darksiders 2 or Assassin's Creed 3 didn't add any Wii U exclusive features other than the map on the second screen did they? I can understand Batman not counting due to certain different features but my experience with the above 2 didn't change by playing it on PS3. Perhaps a list of games too different to vote based on another format would be better if we could find something people agree on.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 9:03

andyman949 wrote:
What if there is little change to the experience on Wii U though. For example Darksiders 2 or Assassin's Creed 3 didn't add any Wii U exclusive features other than the map on the second screen did they? I can understand Batman not counting due to certain different features but my experience with the above 2 didn't change by playing it on PS3. Perhaps a list of games too different to vote based on another format would be better if we could find something people agree on.
I'd still include them, since it's software that was coded specifically for the Wii U. Some games utilise its tech better than others, like Little Inferno (still best on Wii U from what I've played of the PC and iOS versions).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 11:04

Let's go with like Jaster said about ports if you played it for a few hours at least and feel like it's going to be good as it was on another format then you can vote for it.

So I'm not going to vote for Deus Ex as I've never played it on Wii U at all even though it's a great game, but mass effect 3 i could vote for as I've played for quite a bit and no how it plays on the Wii U.

If no port's or multi format games are allowed, I'm voting for only 3 games and maybe Mario. Whilst at the moment I've got a great 10.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 11:17

I don't think we were ever considering banning ports/multiplats though. My point is there are a few multiplats that I've not tried on WiiU because I know they're identical on Wii U. I'd vote for a fair few games on an Xbox list that I've never played on the Xbox but have an a PS3. I don't see why it should disqualify my rating for that game unless there's a significant change like Wii U exclusive content and controls as opposed to a map.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 11:37

So your saying andy,

If you played darksider 2 on PS3, and know it's hardly any different on Wii U. You would maybe vote for it as you know it's a good game

If you played Deus Ex on PS3, and know that Wii U version is quite different. You wouldn't vote for it as you might have a different opinion on it from what you played of it on PS3
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 11:51

Yeah, as long as there's no difference to the game I don't see why voting for it is wrong. The only reason I've not played Darksiders 2 on Wii U is because I've already played it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 12:58

No, I was never going to ban ports or multiplatform games! I suppose I just wanted thoughts on how/if we were going to self-police, for games that we'd mostly (or completely!) played on other systems. I'll think on.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 20:08

andyman wrote:
I can understand Batman not counting
Say what now? Even though the gamepad features in arkham city weren't spectacular they were really clever & made the game less clunky to play especially when switching between gadgets, also it may be simple but the radio chatter coming through the pad speakers was neat.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 20:57

I meant that I wouldn't be able to vote on Batman from my experience with the PS3 as it actually had different features. (Though I'd question how much less clunky looking down at a gamepad is than pressing the dpad)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 0:27

Ahh I thought I may have misread it, looking down takes a split second so you can select them a lot quicker as you don't have to scroll through them.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 8:17

You don't have to scroll through them, they're set to d-pad directions. It's very rare you need to use the ones you have to double tap for too.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 16:52

Simple solution. When you vote for a multiplat just put "I played this on PS3 but its so good I think any Wii U owner should buy it" or something.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 1:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 17:18

Axis1500 wrote:
Simple solution... When you vote for a multiplat just put "I played this on PS3 but its so good I think any Wii U owner should buy it" or something.
Shocked That's a great solution, Axis! Consider it edited into the main post, with multiplats fully allowed. If a multiplat ends up in the top ten, I'll put on how many people voted for it without (necessarily) playing the Wii U version itself.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 10:38

Including multiplatform titles (5), I'll have 9 games to vote for.

There is actually one more multiplatform title and, while it's easily in my top 10 favourite games ever, there's no way I'd vote for the Wii U version as that version is utterly pointless.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 15:44

Cube wrote:
Including multiplatform titles (5), I'll have 9 games to vote for.

There is actually one more multiplatform title and, while it's easily in my top 10 favourite games ever, there's no way I'd vote for the Wii U version as that version is utterly pointless.
Oooh, what is it?
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 18:25

Axis1500 wrote:
Oooh, what is it?
Mass Effect 3. It should never have been ported without the first two.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 18:51

Cube wrote:
Axis1500 wrote:
Oooh, what is it?
Mass Effect 3. It should never have been ported without the first two.
Ah. I thought you were talking about Game Party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next