Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backloggery (and similar websites)

Go down 
+4
masofdas
beemoh
JayMoyles
Cube
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

Backloggery (and similar websites) Empty
PostSubject: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 13:02

I'm pretty sure I have some of you added as friends on mine, but I thought I'd make a topic.

For those who don't know, Backloggery is a site that lets you list all the games you own and have beaten, as well as having options so you can add your progress.

Mine can be found here: http://www.backloggery.com/cube
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 17:12

Backloggery! I do enjoy keeping my backlog updated. Steam has ruined my completion ratio too, and I sold all my Xbox games so that hit my ratio hard too.

http://www.backloggery.com/jammoy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 18:37

http://www.backloggery.com/beemoh
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 18:51

JayMoyles wrote:
Backloggery! I do enjoy keeping my backlog updated. Steam has ruined my completion ratio too, and I sold all my Xbox games so that hit my ratio hard too.
When it comes to Steam and PS+, I only add games once I start playing them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 18:56

I have it, but never used it to see my completion ratio or what to play using the fortune cookie, tried it once and it told me to play Disney's Dinosaur. It was just to keep track of my collection but retro collect is so much better for that. So now using retro collect, I've not updated backloggery for month's.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 22:03

I love the Backloggery! Here's me: http://backloggery.com/stu_the_great

Prepare to swoon at my worrying number of DS games.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 22:33

Your DS game collection is 1000% larger than mine.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 23:30

My Backloggery is in dire need of updating, but its the footer of my post.
Its old too. I made it back in the days when I was known as MD1500.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 23:50

http://backloggery.com/ZeroJones

Part of me worries how much Backloggery has affected my gaming over the last few years. Now I strive to finish games, update the thing and discard said games as soon as possible. I understand that most games offer 'post-game content' these days; I rarely see any of it. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 0:19

Cube wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Probably a wise move - I've something like 230 games in my Steam library now and I've probably only finished 10% or so of them.

ZeroJones wrote:

Part of me worries how much Backloggery has affected my gaming over the last few years. Now I strive to finish games, update the thing and discard said games as soon as possible. I understand that most games offer 'post-game content' these days; I rarely see any of it. Embarrassed
Got to go for that golden C and for 100%. Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 0:50

JayMoyles wrote:
Cube wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Probably a wise move - I've something like 230 games in my Steam library now and I've probably only finished 10% or so of them.
I've been sort of doing this- I'm just managing to keep my completion ratio below 50%, so I've been adding unplayed Steam games to make it back up to 50% each time I finish something- if you're going to buy games and not add them to the list even if they're unplayed, you're missing the point of the Backloggery. (Although keeping games on the list once they've left your posession is still fine)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 0:53

I don't like having games I've sold on the list... Probably because I'll get frustrated looking for it one day and not realise I sold it!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 7:22

http://www.backloggery.com/andyman949
I add all of my PS+ games when I remember to do so. When it comes to Steam I often forget to add games as I'm not a particularly regular PC gamer.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 22:24

Pretty much every game I own is on my list. Unless I've somehow carelessly lost a game and forgotten about it. I take a fair bit of pride with my games collection, so it's highly unlikely.

I too seldom see postgame content in games these days. I often find myself scrambling through a game as fast as possible to move onto the next. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 14:18

So I've a got new Backloggery all set up as masofbiohaz. Which has games I own for systems I own.

Got a few questions to ask you.

1. I own Teraway it's a download, so I've put it down as PSN but it's not what I would call a PSN game. It's annoying as the Wii U has a Wii U download category. Where's the VITA download, So should I have it in VITA or PSN.

2. PSN+, so far I've only added games I've bought on systems I own. Now I've got Resogun on PS4 via PSN+ should I add it and do i add all the PSN+ games I could play like all 20+ I could download and play on my VITA right now.

3. Free to Play, Kinda the same as above I've got Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U & Blacklight on PS4 to name a few. Do I add these I play Blacklight now & again but it's not something I feel I own.

4. Games for Console I don't own, Right I no longer own a PS3 or 360 but if I was to go buy either system this second I could redownload games I've bought such as Journey, Shadow Complex. Do I add these also with the PS3 would I add the PSN+ games (over 90) as I could redownload them as well.

5. Wii, Kinda the same as the above I've got a modded Wii and I've got about 50 games on it that I could go play in a instance. Do I add these as I can play them. I could use the other symbol for these to differentiate from actual games I've got for Wii and could use for PSN+ games as well for the same reason.

6. Built in, so I'm talking about Streetpass (which does have paid for games with in it), Welcome Park, Playroom. Everyone owns it's just something that's there and is part of the system. So not sure add or not.

I think that's it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 15:47

There isn't really a standardised ruleset for Backloggery - my Backloggery is set out how I want it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 16:04

I'll say what I (would) do about said issues:
Vita but PSN as an original system.
I add all games I get from + unless I own it already, don't need doubles. There's also a subscription button you can use to further emphasise it's from +.
I don't add F2P.
I don't see the point in having games for a console you don't own on there.
No opinion about the Wii games
I personally wouldn't put on built in software but I know some people do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 16:48

I will move VITA games like you said Andy, and good thinking about the Sub Button I was thinking of things like World of Warcraft when I saw it.

I'll have PSN+ as Subs and Wii games as Other.

Only moved Teraway as Muramasa & Ragnarok only on PSN in UK.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 19:52

Wii U Download means eShop games, as does 3DS Download. Basically you class full retail games as regular format games (Wii U/3DS, etc.). If you check the charts though, there's a hell of a lot of abuse goes on with regards to listings. I'd be right near the top of the DS and 3DS charts if it wasn't for the cheaters.  DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 20:11

I've put mine as downloads as I've download I want Wii U to physical games.

Didn't know you had so many games Andy I knew you liked to platinum etc but didn't know you kept things like world at war around. Also how do you find the time I've barely got enough time just to finish something on normal and see the credits without doing anything else.

Some like RE2 I've put beaten but could do in my sleep so tempted to change to complete, not mastered as I've never done knife only or no where every single thing is.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 20:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 20:17

Yeah I love having a big collection and replaying from time to time. I had so much time over the last few years because of Uni but that's probably gonna dry up now  Sad 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 20:25

Makes sense you students can do that. But being a poor student how do you afford all those games after I finish X game it gets sold to buy Y game in most case some don't like I've still got my Wind Waker on Cube from launch.

I'm in the top 10 Dreamcast Owners, and not that far off 10th of the mega drive owners about 60 games but when I've got 186 all ready 60 more doesn't sound many.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 20:47

I have a girlfriend who is just as bad at buying games as myself.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 21:07

I'M SO LONoh sorry wrong thread
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 21:41

That makes it even more weird you got so many, you should be taking her out for dinner etc.

Or it might be me whom wants every game as soon as get comes out, so can't wait for price drops etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backloggery (and similar websites)   Backloggery (and similar websites) Empty

Back to top Go down

Backloggery (and similar websites)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: